Green brigade songbook

The Bhoys in the Jock Stein upper are the guys that start the rebs up near where I sit although they seemingly had a fall out with GB members and moved up there

WOW! what a phuqin thread,hiv a just regressed back to the sixties,had a funny little lucy in the sky with diamonds and listened to purple haze! or a cheese and wine at uni! any way, rights and wrongs of what songs are sung at parkhead, in the immortal words of the great poet and philosopher, brendan behan, "who gives a fuck"!!!

WOW! what a phuqin thread,hiv a just regressed back to the sixties,had a funny little lucy in the sky with diamonds and listened to purple haze! or a cheese and wine at uni! any way, rights and wrongs of what songs are sung at parkhead, in the immortal words of the great poet and philosopher, brendan behan, "who gives a fuck"!!!
Brendan Behan was a philosopher???

Just saw this on FB. Very apt

?

Therein lies the problem, TV.

Also, it should be taught at home, and schools, from a very early age and relate to all topics of conversation.

Too many people seem to join a clique and render discussion impossible. They gang up and forget about logic, preferring to mock and belittle those they disagree with.

Happening more and more often on this site as well ... it was all going so well!

Ah well, such is life I suppose.

Brendan Behan was a philosopher???

He was indeed, a truly brilliant writer and someone you would have loved to have a conversation with. Tragically it was the drink that finished him in his early 40’s.
For anybody not familiar with the man, there is plenty of stuff on YouTube. Here is the 1st part of a discussion programme where the topic is people’s right to self determination. It’s in 3 parts and I would recommend a watch.

this link could explain it better than me and is a little better than a masonic evolutionist title to get the catholic opinion.

https://catholicexchange.com/brief-exploration-catholic-position-evolution
?

Therein lies the problem, TV.

Also, it should be taught at home, and schools, from a very early age and relate to all topics of conversation.

Too many people seem to join a clique and render discussion impossible. They gang up and forget about logic, preferring to mock and belittle those they disagree with.

Happening more and more often on this site as well ... it was all going so well!

Ah well, such is life I suppose.

I find this a great site.

One thing i have found though is there are a few chaps so eager to have their opinion supercede anyone elses that they repeat their rhetoric trying to wear other people down.

When other people point out were all different and have different views well then the nastiness gets displayed for all to see.

The main culprit on this thread was a boy called anton.

Its such a shame too because i genuinely thought he would allow me my view as i allowed him his but no. Anton didn’t want to be friends anymore.

As frank says “That’s Life”

As Anton says “its only what anton says

What i say.... fuq the peepul ?????

Once again succinctly put. At the risk of being labelled a sycophant (a much more erudite name than an arse licker) I feel relieved that its out in the open. The post had long since became an episode of biblical proportions with one of the two posters striding, moses like , down the mountain with the commandments. Us stay behinds preferring to worship the golden cow unheeding of the words of wisdom and warnings of the doom to come.

Belter of a post micmac. Your understanding of the situation is spot on.

As descripted in commandments. HH pal ???

One reason I never use the 'like' function' is due to the fact that I like to reply to posts relevant to the ongoing debate. Not being rude, I hope! Just fearful of upsetting the 'Holier Than Thou' Moses Brigade - who just so happen to claim others act in a High and Mighty' manner - strange, is it not?

One thing many will notice is the 'downtrodden & put down' battalion follow each other like headless sheep in the 'like' regard. If it wasn't so pathetic they would be hilarious.

Woebetide any one to highlight their traits. They only want to be friends.

No, seriously, please show them extra love and kindness or expect to have your domestic residence referred to as a 'chicken dome'.

Please adopt one of our downtrodden today and give them all the 'likes' and cuddles they so deserve.

You could , of course, bring yourself down to their level and take the fucking piss out of them - at the end of the day, that's what they crave so they can hit back and in unison without a single coherent thought of their own.

I shall pass over on the last word, I shall give that to The Usual Supects and 'Maria' who loves the sight of her own words written down as much as that 'boy Anton'.

Don't forget though, it's okay when he/she/it does it ?

One reason I never use the 'like' function' is due to the fact that I like to reply to posts relevant to the ongoing debate. Not being rude, I hope! Just fearful of upsetting the 'Holier Than Thou' Moses Brigade - who just so happen to claim others act in a High and Mighty' manner - strange, is it not?

One thing many will notice is the 'downtrodden & put down' battalion follow each other like headless sheep in the 'like' regard. If it wasn't so pathetic they would be hilarious.

No, seriously, please show them extra love and kindness or expect to have your domestic residence referred to as a 'chicken dome'.

Please adopt one of our downtrodden today and give them all the 'likes' and cuddles they so deserve.

You could , of course, bring yourself down to their level and take the fucking piss out of them - at the end of the day, that's what they crave so they can hit back and in unison without a single coherent thought of their own.

I shall pass over on the last word, I shall give that to The Usual Supects and 'Maria' who loves the sight of her own words written down as much as that 'boy Anton'.

Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Really wish you would go back to blocking me ???

I think your horrible words are very fitting on you.

Still i love life and people, hope things get better for you pal ???

Yawn..... what a shroom. ?

Sc*mbag

Anton are you not simply falling into the same trap for which you are arguing about, who takes the moral high ground, if they decide they are right and others are wrong and when that mind-set is framed, the true person reveals themselves to be nothing more than a shoulder to the wheel of an eternal round and round argument, that contains many cogs all leading to the same emptiness.

The prophet reclined
On the Golan Heights
And Jehova looked up from the sea of Galilee beneath
He said, I see you, you thief
This land is my land
And this sand is my sand
And this band is my band
Oh the lonely boys
Lookin' over their shoulder
Checkin out every boulder in the park
Where the gates are closed from hate
After dark
And the Pope rolled up in his armored van
He fell on his knees and kissed the land
He said something that I did not understand
It was in polish
Then up stepped an aide
He said, I will translate
Here is what His Holiness said:
'I am the Chief Jesuit.'
'This land is Jesus' land.'
'And that is all'
'All that there is to it.'
Hail Mary
Mother of God
And in New York City
The business man in his mohair suit
In the world trade center
Puffs on his cheroot
And he said,
Well I don't care who owns the desert sands
My brief
Is with the hydrocarbons underneath
And the sea of battle rages
Around the ancient tombs
And mother nature licks her wounds
And the lonely boys locked in their towers of faith
Who are nervous in the park
When the gates are closed after dark
Ooooh, the lonely boys
In their towers of faith
Ooooh, the lonely boys
Locked in their towers of faith

Anton are you not simply falling into the same trap for which you are arguing about, who takes the moral high ground, if they decide they are right and others are wrong and when that mind-set is framed, the true person reveals themselves to be nothing more than a shoulder to the wheel of an eternal round and round argument, that contains many cogs all leading to the same emptiness.

The prophet reclined
On the Golan Heights
And Jehova looked up from the sea of Galilee beneath
He said, I see you, you thief
This land is my land
And this sand is my sand
And this band is my band
Oh the lonely boys
Lookin' over their shoulder
Checkin out every boulder in the park
Where the gates are closed from hate
After dark
And the Pope rolled up in his armored van
He fell on his knees and kissed the land
He said something that I did not understand
It was in polish
Then up stepped an aide
He said, I will translate
Here is what His Holiness said:
'I am the Chief Jesuit.'
'This land is Jesus' land.'
'And that is all'
'All that there is to it.'
Hail Mary
Mother of God
And in New York City
The business man in his mohair suit
In the world trade center
Puffs on his cheroot
And he said,
Well I don't care who owns the desert sands
My brief
Is with the hydrocarbons underneath
And the sea of battle rages
Around the ancient tombs
And mother nature licks her wounds
And the lonely boys locked in their towers of faith
Who are nervous in the park
When the gates are closed after dark
Ooooh, the lonely boys
In their towers of faith
Ooooh, the lonely boys
Locked in their towers of faith

Boab,

In one way I am, however, now I've expressed my opinion my only fault shall be to legitamise their bully, bile and belittling tendencies with any further comment.

I won't ?

Boab,

In one way I am, however, now I've expressed my opinion my only fault shall be to legitamise their bully, bile and belittling tendencies with any further comment.

I won't ?
None of us are perfect and our faults may be genuine and for that reason become unique.

None of us are perfect and our faults may be genuine and for that reason become unique.

I believe that I've made it abundantly clear, quite often in fact, that I'm as far from being perfect as any of us on this site can be.

Most of us adopt that position when joining a forum otherwise we set ourselves up for, probably, much deserved criticism.

Those who follow in herds ,"They do move in herds!", are ten-a-penny on any discussion board.

It should be about healthy debate and a bit of craic.

Members online

Latest posts

Back