Greg Taylor

Any Celtic fan who's slaging Greg Taylor, should shut their fuckin gub. Hence they're fan's not player's.

That's the problem with Twitter to many wee opiniated wankers, if I get any wee unionist fucker giving me grief I usually just hit the block button, life's to short tae bothered WAE wee wankers

a dcent sub, N 1 4 d futur, but iz no Celtic 1st team player rt now.
he iz 2 slow 4 a wing back n crossin is hit n miss, no betta or mor relible dan Hayes.
he is no KT

a dcent sub, N 1 4 d futur, but iz no Celtic 1st team player rt now.
he iz 2 slow 4 a wing back n crossin is hit n miss, no betta or mor relible dan Hayes.
he is no KT
But therein lies the problem........how do you replace a £25 million player unless you're willing to pay ridiculous dough?

Taylor's doing ok under the circumstances. I agree, he's no wingback, but that's a puzzle that Lenny has to solve. Personally, I like defenders that can actually defend first and foremost.......anything else is a bonus.

You would hope that there was enough in the midfield and forwards to cope without having to throw defenders into the mix (unless it's at set pieces)

But therein lies the problem........how do you replace a £25 million player unless you're willing to pay ridiculous dough?

Taylor's doing ok under the circumstances. I agree, he's no wingback, but that's a puzzle that Lenny has to solve. Personally, I like defenders that can actually defend first and foremost.......anything else is a bonus.

You would hope that there was enough in the midfield and forwards to cope without having to throw defenders into the mix (unless it's at set pieces)
watched him tonight he tends not to look up before he cross's the ball , Damien duffs supposed to be working with him on going past players , work in progress
think we expect a Tierney type player right away
he's doing ok

Taylor needs someone to link up with, had a great understanding with Jamesie playing for scotland, he's a full back, not a wing back or winger 🍺

watched him tonight he tends not to look up before he cross's the ball , Damien duffs supposed to be working with him on going past players , work in progress
think we expect a Tierney type player right away
he's doing ok
Aye, he's a heads doon type of boy. That's no necessarily a bad thing if you've got near post and back post runners; unfortunately - we only hae Sparky that goes back stick and everyone else plays off the penalty spot.

The laddie's eager though and doesn't hide. He'll be just fine with a bit of tuning.

I hate saying it but I think it's bad decision making from Lenny playing young Taylor as a wing back, same reason it's bad decision making playing wee Forrest as one too.

Taylor is first and foremost a defender with limited (as of yet) ability as an attacking threat, same way as wee Forrest is a right winger with no ability as a defender so why expect either to do a job they don't have the tools for?

The reason......to play a 3-5-2 system that neither they nor any of our CB's are comfortable with and which is now causing an air of unease and nervousness throughout the team. If we want to play 2 up top then stick to a 4-4-2.

I said originally I had my reservations with the 3-5-2 formation given the personnel available to us at the back and given some of our recent performances I'm far from convinced it's worthwhile continuing with it just now. Crowbarring players into positions they're not comfortable with is just creating uncertainty in their overall game and it's starting to affect the performances of the entire team. Bin it for now at least.

I hate saying it but I think it's bad decision making from Lenny playing young Taylor as a wing back, same reason it's bad decision making playing wee Forrest as one too.

Taylor is first and foremost a defender with limited (as of yet) ability as an attacking threat, same way as wee Forrest is a right winger with no ability as a defender so why expect either to do a job they don't have the tools for?

The reason......to play a 3-5-2 system that neither they nor any of our CB's are comfortable with and which is now causing an air of unease and nervousness throughout the team. If we want to play 2 up top then stick to a 4-4-2.

I said originally I had my reservations with the 3-5-2 formation given the personnel available to us at the back and given some of our recent performances I'm far from convinced it's worthwhile continuing with it just now. Crowbarring players into positions they're not comfortable with is just creating uncertainty in their overall game and it's starting to affect the performances of the entire team. Bin it for now at least.
3-5-2 is fine in certain games, Andy, but I make you absolutely on the money. It's the only way Lenny can shoehorn in his big picks.

4-4-2 gives you plenty width and forces the engine room to play together. The three in the middle lets Broony drift too far back and let's Corpus take a couple of liberties by playing too high up.

It might not be fashionable, but with the proper players, it's mighty effective.

Meant to mention.......the central defenders actually defend ok when they're not getting pulled into corners to cover for the wing backs.

Jullien got caught oot for the second because he got pulled left and over committed.......that dis'nae happen wie an orthodox full-back there (maybe we should have signed a Greek)

(y)
3-5-2 is fine in certain games, Andy, but I make you absolutely on the money. It's the only way Lenny can shoehorn in his big picks.

4-4-2 gives you plenty width and forces the engine room to play together. The three in the middle lets Broony drift too far back and let's Corpus take a couple of liberties by playing too high up.

It might not be fashionable, but with the proper players, it's mighty effective.

I think we need to save the 3-5-2 for the less physical and more open games SP, at least until we have the right personnel available at CB to play it properly and only when we have both them and others like Young Taylor and Frimpong (I say Frimpong because Forrest will NEVER be any use as a wing back) well drilled enough in the system to make it work.

No issues using it sparingly in certain games but right now it's causing chaos in the CB positions, blunting our threat down the flanks and constantly dragging our central midfield backwards to cover for CB's out of position which inevitably leads to a slowing down of our attacking play and a lack of service for our attacking mids and front 2.

HH SP (y)

(y)

I think we need to save the 3-5-2 for the less physical and more open games SP, at least until we have the right personnel available at CB to play it properly and only when we have both them and others like Young Taylor and Frimpong (I say Frimpong because Forrest will NEVER be any use as a wing back) well drilled enough in the system to make it work.

No issues using it sparingly in certain games but right now it's causing chaos in the CB positions, blunting our threat down the flanks and constantly dragging our central midfield backwards to cover for CB's out of position which inevitably leads to a slowing down of our attacking play and a lack of service for our attacking mids and front 2.

HH SP (y)
Aye, the shape looks wrong and it highlights that we're still a few decent players short in key areas.

There's something in that team, Andy, but it needs more cohesion and a quality injection too.

Aye, the shape looks wrong and it highlights that we're still a few decent players short in key areas.

There's something in that team, Andy, but it needs more cohesion and a quality injection too.

That's the thing SP we have a very talented and capable team, a great squad of players who I just don't think Lenny is using properly by playing this 3-5-2 set-up.

Julien, Ajer and Bitton have all shown they can play very well at CB in a flat back 4, young Taylor is shaping up to be a very effective LB, wee Forrest when on his game is a menace down the right wing but for the sake of flooding the midfield with more attacking options Lenny's forcing these guys into a system they aren't comfortable with and it's having a negative impact on their personal performances as well as the teams overall performances.

I'm not having a go at the players here because they've already shown what they're capable of, my issue is with the tactics and how these bhoys are being crowbarred into a system they're not suited to.

If you don't have the necessary players to play a particular system then find a system that works for the players you have because there's no point putting square pegs in round holes and that's what Lenny's doing right now.

HH SP.

That's the thing SP we have a very talented and capable team, a great squad of players who I just don't think Lenny is using properly by playing this 3-5-2 set-up.

Julien, Ajer and Bitton have all shown they can play very well at CB in a flat back 4, young Taylor is shaping up to be a very effective LB, wee Forrest when on his game is a menace down the right wing but for the sake of flooding the midfield with more attacking options Lenny's forcing these guys into a system they aren't comfortable with and it's having a negative impact on their personal performances as well as the teams overall performances.

I'm not having a go at the players here because they've already shown what they're capable of, my issue is with the tactics and how these bhoys are being crowbarred into a system they're not suited to.

If you don't have the necessary players to play a particular system then find a system that works for the players you have because there's no point putting square pegs in round holes and that's what Lenny's doing right now.

HH SP.
Wow.........we're gonna have to share that hymn book wie Lenny, Andy!

Everything cited there sums up my thoughts in a nutshell, mate.

If the problems were catastrophic then that would be a different conversation, but I think most of the components are there, just not necessarily in the right order.

Members online

Latest posts

Back