Greg Taylor

Vigobhoy

Taylor finally proved (not for the first time recently) that we have a proper left back at the club. I thought he was immense last night and don't want his performance last night to be lost in the misery of the final result. He was my MOM last night. Well done Greg Taylor.
Thought big Tom Rogic was our creative spark until his mistake at the end.

QUOTE="Vigobhoy, post: 175383, member: 1772"]
Taylor finally proved (not for the first time recently) that we have a proper left back at the club. I thought he was immense last night and don't want his performance last night to be lost in the misery of the final result. He was my MOM last night. Well done Greg Taylor. Thought big Tom Rogic was our creative spark until his mistake at the end.
[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Also thought dare i say it .... the lad neilson of theirs was outstanding and wonder if he is consistently like that?

If so worth a punt surely?

QUOTE="Vigobhoy, post: 175383, member: 1772"]
Taylor finally proved (not for the first time recently) that we have a proper left back at the club. I thought he was immense last night and don't want his performance last night to be lost in the misery of the final result. He was my MOM last night. Well done Greg Taylor. Thought big Tom Rogic was our creative spark until his mistake at the end.

Totally agree. Also thought dare i say it .... the lad neilson of theirs was outstanding and wonder if he is consistently like that?

If so worth a punt surely?
[/QUOTE]
Watching him I thought the exact same.

Saw nothing in Copenhagen that was a threat to us all night, basically its been touched on, criminal defending and not getting a rythm gone cost us, after that not one in the Copenhagen team was a threat, Sometimes we allow ourselves to drop to a level were players we have never seen before look outstanding, their keeper once again made a slight difference with saves and an excellent save in particular before the pen that might have changed things, he did it in Copenhagen also, do i think he is worth a punt, nope he made two howlers also in which we nearly captalised in the first half failing in one to gather an easy but spinning ball , we are in a good place and position, but we must not have any repeat of howlers and stinkers.

Think yer spot on there Vigo, young Taylor was one of maybe only 2 players that got pass marks last night, held his nerve while other more experienced players lost their heads and that's impressive and rare for such a young player. Does his defensive duties very very well only thing I would say is that he lacks a final ball (for now at least, he can learn that) but the bhoy is a left back not a wing back after all so it would be unfair to be overcritical on that point.

Agree to an extent on Rogic, like Elyounoussi he was lively in the first half but both pretty much disappeared in the 2nd should've been subbed for Griff after they scored.

Still think it was a massive mistake not starting with Eddy and Griff. Clear as day in the first 10 minutes that Eddy was isolated and that allowed them to have an easier night than what they should've had.

Agree with Frenchie with regards to the boy Nelsson, he was calm and measured, tidy on the ball and took up good positions, he knew exactly where he was supposed to be and when to be there. Cracking player and exactly the type of CB we could been doing with. Him and Julien would make a brilliant CB pairing and we should be making some enquiries about this boy if you ask me.

Think yer spot on there Vigo, young Taylor was one of maybe only 2 players that got pass marks last night, held his nerve while other more experienced players lost their heads and that's impressive and rare for such a young player. Does his defensive duties very very well only thing I would say is that he lacks a final ball (for now at least, he can learn that) but the bhoy is a left back not a wing back after all so it would be unfair to be overcritical on that point.

Agree to an extent on Rogic, like Elyounoussi he was lively in the first half but both pretty much disappeared in the 2nd should've been subbed for Griff after they scored.

Still think it was a massive mistake not starting with Eddy and Griff. Clear as day in the first 10 minutes that Eddy was isolated and that allowed them to have an easier night than what they should've had.

Agree with Frenchie with regards to the boy Nelsson, he was calm and measured, tidy on the ball and took up good positions, he knew exactly where he was supposed to be and when to be there. Cracking player and exactly the type of CB we could been doing with. Him and Julien would make a brilliant CB pairing and we should be making some enquiries about this boy if you ask me.
They should have made enquiries right after the game. He was outstanding.

Taylor didn't surprise me. He's a proper grafter perhaps in the same mould as Hayes. Gives 100% and young enough to improve. He's 1st and foremost a defender and a very good one but being asked to leave his instincts to defend to compromise with attack. The kid is good and always was.

Got to admit Steviebhoy I was a bit underwhelmed when we went in for him, thought we needed better quality for Europe than Killie's left back but the bhoy showed calmness, composure and maturity beyond his years last night when other more experienced guys were losing the plot. Good on the bhoy (y)

See Greg Taylor is copping some shit from fans on Twatter after today's game......these people need to give the bhoy a break ffs, horrendous playing conditions, likely still knackered from midweek (where he was one of the only players to get pass marks) and he's being asked to play as a wing back when it's not his natural game.

I fucking hate Twitter with a passion......social media's equivalent to the 7 circles of hell.

See Greg Taylor is copping some shit from fans on Twatter after today's game......these people need to give the bhoy a break ffs, horrendous playing conditions, likely still knackered from midweek (where he was one of the only players to get pass marks) and he's being asked to play as a wing back when it's not his natural game.

I fucking hate Twitter with a passion......social media's equivalent to the 7 circles of hell.
Was the same in the pub mate fuckin joke ,how can anyone judge a player playing on that bog?

You would happily bin that game if you recorded it and happily take we are through and move on all players pass marks for attempting to make a fist of it, lottery conditions.

My gripe isnt with taylor at all. He looked fucked today. The heavy pitch didnt help. I think lenny should have started with hayes. In fact a think lenny should have rotated the squad a bit more today. After Thursdays match and the state of that pitch today it's no wonder half the team looked injured walking of the pitch after 90 minutes. Anyway, a well fought win.

Was the same in the pub mate fuckin joke ,how can anyone judge a player playing on that bog?

The playing conditions were horrendous and he's a left back being asked to play as a wing back, the bhoy needs time to adjust but some just don't have the patience

They'll likely be the same ones who were moaning a few weeks back about how he wasn't being given a chance and now they're moaning when he's playing, he'll play a blinder in the next game and they'll be all 'always knew the bhoy was a player, never doubted him for a second'

I'd rather have a defensive full back at his age who needs to be taught to attack and learns than a Boli who can attack but needs to be taught to defend and doesn't seems to grasp it.
He just needs games, games and more games. It is his shirt and he's a scrapper on top.

I'd rather have a defensive full back at his age who needs to be taught to attack and learns than a Boli who can attack but needs to be taught to defend and doesn't seems to grasp it.
He just needs games, games and more games. It is his shirt and he's a scrapper on top.
The Greenock Bhoy is doing well
He's a proven left back in the SPFL and some want him to be Roberto Carlos FFS
Today the pitch was a bog, he stuck to his task, and showed he's got the balls to play in any conditions and do well
Some people just like to moan, win, lose or draw, same shit, different day
COYBIG
HH

The Greenock Bhoy is doing well
He's a proven left back in the SPFL and some want him to be Roberto Carlos FFS
Today the pitch was a bog, he stuck to his task, and showed he's got the balls to play in any conditions and do well
Some people just like to moan, win, lose or draw, same shit, different day
COYBIG
HH
Man enough to wear the shirt and has the bottle to show up .

Members online

No members online now.

Back