Hamilton v Celtic - Saturday 14 Sept 12 noon & Live on BT Sport...all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
First a warning. The Rangers beat us on 29 December and were 'joint top' of the league with all the momentum. That was the last game before the Winter Break and when they came back they were playing Kilmarnock on the plastic pitch and managed to throw away a lead to lose 2-1.

We've just beaten them but our momentum was interrupted by the International Break. And our next game is on Saturday lunchtime on the plastic pitch at Hamilton.

So beware shooting ourselves in the foot.

Brendan Rodgers was right about never seeing a good game on these pitches. It's all about getting a few goals, avoiding injuries and seeing the game out.

The international break wasn't too bad for our players, we seemed to have fewer involved than previously and only Callum McGregor started in two games. Perhaps he could get a rest in Saturday and give Ntcham a well deserved start?

On the Superbru league I went for 3-0 so will stick with that.

COYBIG and heed the warning!

So glad Celtic is back! Was on the border of stir-crazy with the break.

The Rangers beat us on 29 December and were 'joint top' of the league with all the momentum. That was the last game before the Winter Break and when they came back they were playing Kilmarnock on the plastic pitch and managed to throw away a lead to lose 2-1.

That's true, Cap. But want to know what I remember after that defeat against the Huns? We went nearly two months without having a goal scored against us, only to have a cheap cheat goal by some Motherhell flunkie just after the half (a game in which we won anyway), and then a penalty against Hearts in the next game, which we won. In fact, I seem to remember we were nearly undefeated (albeit two or three draws, I have to look it up, and one loss) for 2019, and something like a 20-2 goal differential in league play between January and May (though I am guessing -- it could be more than that).

We won the games that mattered.

And much of this after the manager sneaked off in the dead of night.

I hate plastic pitches, and think they should be outlawed, but we should soundly beat Hamilton. 4-1 Hoops.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be a problem. They have shipped a few goals already this season. The Scots lads will be frustrated after the international break and will want to dish out a tanking. They till set out in some ridiculous 1-6-4 formation. It's a two striker game for me. Eddie (because you can't not start him!) and Bayo in there just to scrap. LG for Eddie later with an eye on Thursday.
Don't care how we do it tbh but a few early goals then a chance to zip passes about for the rest of the game to keep sharp for trip to the frog pond.

0-3 if Hamilton play like hero's. Could be 5 or 6 if they crumble

Yippee fitbas back (nearly)...

Well if you thought trying to second guess Lennys team selection was difficult before, its going to be bloody next to impossible now 🤔🤔🤔🤔.

However I'm sure Neil will pick the bhoys to get it done, the question is will he have one 👁️ on Europe or will he think league league league.

Think I will wait to Friday before getting my guesstimate completely wrong. 😅😅

Goalie should be the Waa

Right back Mo or Hammy

CB s 😱😱😱😱😱😱

Left back, Bolingoli or TaylorBolingoli 😅

Broonie 🤔

Calmac Corpus Mikey Jamsie guy fae Southampton Ollie plus A few others 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Striker, Eddie or Bayo or Leigh 😱😱😱😱....

Am away for a lie doon, heeds buzzin. 😅

Members online

Latest posts

Back