hand-in-hand-celtic-created-by-immigrants-and-united-glasgow-fc-refugees-welcome

Niall J

Hi Folks. With The Celtic Foundation Christmas appeal up and running. An article on United Glasgow FC.
A charity working out of Glasgow and helping refugees and asylum seekers through a football club. I'm sure some of you will be well aware of their work. Others not so much and hopefully it will give them some more exposure. Hoping to get in touch with them and do a follow up on their work too. Thanks.

Great article, Niall. Hope they succeed in what they're doing. Not to go off on a tangent, but FC St Pauli put out a video recently about their efforts in Italy with refugees called "Kick the Borders" -- it helps if you know German and Italian to watch (I am hoping a subtitled version comes out sometime soon), but regardless you get the message.

Sounds like I have my next blog post . . . .

Hi Folks. With The Celtic Foundation Christmas appeal up and running. An article on United Glasgow FC.
A charity working out of Glasgow and helping refugees and asylum seekers through a football club. I'm sure some of you will be well aware of their work. Others not so much and hopefully it will give them some more exposure. Hoping to get in touch with them and do a follow up on their work too. Thanks.

Great reading Niall👍

Sorry Niall, I'm still running a bit behind and missed this thread.

That is a fine piece of work and something that a good few of the lads on this site want to hammer home. It's one thing being a great football club, but there's that other aspect of Celtic that takes us to a whole new level - and that is a support who will never forget what we stand for and who will always contribute to those in need at home and abroad.

Great reminder as we head into Winter, Niall

Sorry Niall, I'm still running a bit behind and missed this thread.

That is a fine piece of work and something that a good few of the lads on this site want to hammer home. It's one thing being a great football club, but there's that other aspect of Celtic that takes us to a whole new level - and that is a support who will never forget what we stand for and who will always contribute to those in need at home and abroad.

Great reminder as we head into Winter, Niall
Thanks SP. When the club brought out the Christmas appeal again it got me thinking about UGFC as their whole ethos seemed a modern version of what Celtic held dear. You are right it's important we remember we are far more than just a football club. I think the fans do that and it's important the Club never lose sight either. HH

Back