Happy Birthday, Lubomir Moravcik

I remember the HUNS laughing when we brought Lubo in
The HUNS and MSM were all over the fact that we had signed a 'nobody' going on about his age, etc
First game against them, he scores, and just stands there, he didn't realize what he'd done and how much it meant to us
Next game against them, he scores...watch how elated he is, he loved tearing the HUNS apart
Some man is our Lubo
LEGEND

Here's Henrik's comments, on the wee man

The HUNS and MSM were all over the fact that we had signed a 'nobody' going on about his age, etc
First game against them, he scores, and just stands there, he didn't realize what he'd done and how much it meant to us
Next game against them, he scores...watch how elated he is, he loved tearing the HUNS apart
Some man is our Lubo
LEGEND

It's incredible to think that Henke and Lubo cost Celtic less than a million pound for both of them.

This was allegedly the best ever team as voted by fans in 2002, Lubo is not in it! I'm assuming it was young people that voted for this because of the lack of players pre mid 60s,
1 Ronnie Simpson
2 Danny McGrain
3 Tommy Gemmel
4 Bobby Murdoch
5 Billy McNeil
6 Paul McStay
7 Jimmy Johnstone
8 Bertie Auld
9 Henrik Larsson
10 Kenny Dalglish
11 Bobby Lennox,

I read about Dalglish being a Cup Final Jinx, but only if he scores.
He scored in four Cup Finals for Celtic and we lost all four,
Oct 71 LC Celtic 1 Partick Thistle 4
Dec 72 LC Celtic 1 Hibernian 2
May 73 SC Celtic 2 Rangers 3
Nov 76 LC Celtic 1 Aberdeen 2

More Celtic Trivia, Frank Connor, the only Celtic manager with an undefeated Record. He stepped into the breach when Liam Brady and Joe Jordan left. He was caretaker manager before Lou Macari got the gig. The four games Frank was in charge were not easy games either.

9th October 1993 Celtic 2 Dundee 1

16th October 1993 Hibernian 1 Celtic 1

20th October 1993 Celtic 1 Sporting Lisbon 0 ( UEFA Cup)

30th October 1993 Rangers 1 Celtic 2.

Some man is our Lubo
LEGEND

Hugh Keevins-Celtic should've signed John Spencer instead 😂

Was it Scott Wilson got sent aff in that game for trying to cut Lubo in half?
I have the match report fae the Monday after the game written by some guy called James Traynor, I wonder what happened to him?
Advocats £30m team had no answer to a man who cost £300,000 is what Traynor said. That was the last time Traynor ever spoke the truth.

It was a great shame we didn’t get him when he was in his mid twenties, I really do think he could have been every bit as devastating a player as Larsson was for us, made the game look easy, superb footballers brain, always 2 steps ahead of the opposition, as Larsson said in the video posted above “ I still don’t know if he was left footed or right footed “

Members online

No members online now.

Back