Happy Birthday Paul Lambert

His goal in the 6 v 2 game will live long in the memories of every Celtic fan. 8 mins gone 3 nothing to Celtic, most of us that day dreamed of a win any win to give us hope, after Petrov had put us 2 up some of us with a more cautious nature (me) hoped we could hold on for a win, With Paul's goal all that went out the window and hopes of a demolition ensued,it was duly delivered.

A wee aside to that game from a personal point of view, I was working the taxi 2 hrs previous to kickoff, when 3 Geordies ask me to take them 2 Newcastle for £200 , I was tempted but it was Martin's first game v the soon to be deed team and I just had a feeling. On the way to the game I told my mate who said I was aff my heed, after Paul's goal my mate said to me, just as well I never went to Newcastle eh, @#@##@ right I said.

Anyhoo Belated Happy Birthday Paul.

I still think I would have kicked them out at Carlisle and broke the land speed record to paradise once I had heard the 3rd had went in🇮🇪

Last edited:
His goal in the 6 v 2 game will live long in the memories of every Celtic fan. 8 mins gone 3 nothing to Celtic, most of us that day dreamed of a win any win to give us hope, after Petrov had put us 2 up some of us with a more cautious nature (me) hoped we could hold on for a win, With Paul's goal all that went out the window and hopes of a demolition ensued,it was duly delivered.

A wee aside to that game from a personal point of view, I was working the taxi 2 hrs previous to kickoff, when 3 Geordies ask me to take them 2 Newcastle for £200 , I was tempted but it was Martin's first game v the soon to be deed team and I just had a feeling. On the way to the game I told my mate who said I was aff my heed, after Paul's goal my mate said to me, just as well I never went to Newcastle eh, @#@##@ right I said.

Anyhoo Belated Happy Birthday Paul.

I still think I would have kicked them out at Carlisle and broke the land speed record to paradise once I had heard the 3rd had went in🇮🇪
Henrik and Chris Sutton were fantastic that game. Bobby Peta too. Henriks 2nd goal was special. Made Klos look a Klown.
Lambert also has something in common with the Lisbon Lions...he was born within 30 miles o paradise and has a European Cup winners medal.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back