Happy Birthday Willie Wallace.

The stories that these ghuys have are always awesome to read.
Good upload Brimcbhoy, I get fed up with CQN and its adverts, press to continue reading etc. I know there's a *anyclub*QN but that's a good find

‘Oor Wullie’ 82 today...​

Magical things happened when Willie Wallace signed for Celtic...​

Great stuff and the bit " Celtic supporters had their own hero of the same name to follow. A man who would carve out his own place in the country’s folklore, albeit on a football field rather than a battlefield."
Football fields were battlefields and the likes of Neymar , Brazilian Ronaldo ( the one who was knocked into next week by a ball thrown at him) and oh..another Brazilian , goalkeeper this time, Dida kod by the wind of a missed slap rushing past his ears , simply wouldn't have made it in that era.
Players had to be tough , physically and mentally.
Using a ball 5 times heavier at least, more when it was wet.

Great stuff and the bit " Celtic supporters had their own hero of the same name to follow. A man who would carve out his own place in the country’s folklore, albeit on a football field rather than a battlefield."
Football fields were battlefields and the likes of Neymar , Brazilian Ronaldo ( the one who was knocked into next week by a ball thrown at him) and oh..another Brazilian , goalkeeper this time, Dida kod by the wind of a missed slap rushing past his ears , simply wouldn't have made it in that era.
It was the Brazilian Rivaldo that feigned injury in the 2002 world cup against Turkey (I think), rather than the brilliant Brazilian Ronaldo.

The main reason I remember it was him is still to this day if me or the wife throw a pen, tv remote or whatever to each other and it gently hits us on the leg we still instinctively grab our eye to feign a serious injury! Oh the jolly japes in the Bridie household!

And remember when Rivaldo threw a tantrum when he was offered to Celtic with his career going down the pan and we said we'd take him on trial to see how fit he was. He was not a happy fella.

It was the Brazilian Rivaldo that feigned injury in the 2002 world cup against Turkey (I think), rather than the brilliant Brazilian Ronaldo.

The main reason I remember it was him is still to this day if me or the wife throw a pen, tv remote or whatever to each other and it gently hits us on the leg we still instinctively grab our eye to feign a serious injury! Oh the jolly japes in the Bridie household!

And remember when Rivaldo threw a tantrum when he was offered to Celtic with his career going down the pan and we said we'd take him on trial to see how fit he was. He was not a happy fella.
Aye bang on BB it was indeed rivaldo and ehm ...you passed my wee ehm ...test , to see if anyone was reading my posts haha I really should google these things before I post but then I remember I have the Celtic Noise collective knowledge at my disposal (.ready to dispose of any of my myths) better than Google 😎

First off, a belated Happy Birthday to you Wispy.
And thanks for your magnificent contribution to our club.
It's also a reminder of how very fortunate we are to be able to look back over the years and reflect on the many past glories. I think there would be little debate as to which part of that glorious history would sit as the pinnacle of our achievements. You and your team/squad mates have impacted all of our lives in a way that, in truth, is impossible to quantify. Suffice to say we will carry ( and relive) the memories for as long as we walk this earth. Than you again. Put simply, I've been a lucky Bhoy to have watched you play.

Unfortunately that 5 times heavier ball was doing more damage than any of us ever imagined.

Members online

Latest posts

Back