Happy days!!!

We know where we need to strengthen, it's who we can afford to get that's the issue.

Whoever comes in, they have to be first XI ready and an improvement on what we have.

I think if we tempt Leicester with a decent fee and a chunk of the sell-on, then Benkovic is a possiblity. Not up to speed with the up-and-comers in world football, but it's time for Congerton to justify the whack he's being handsomely paid.

French Eddy is more comfortable with someone he can play off of........bring in Charlie Austin and the GB can give us a rendition of Park(head)life

Well, firstly how much cash is Peter going to allow Brendan to spend £10mil, RB, CB, CF. Do we look for players out of contract in the summer, go for loan deals or blow it on Benkovic. Personally I would go for the latter, get a CF on loan & hope Brendan can get a few players out of contract.

I reckon:

Boyata offski for circa £10 million.

Ntcham tempted by anther £10 million (hence the improved new contract we agreed - maximise the impending fee) - but he may stay til summer.

Benkovic will stay for at least the season.

Keep Jozo and get him back on focus.

Big Ajer will be months out before fully capable again, so...

We will have £15 million to spend, wages included, I'd estimate - no screwing around because the CL qualifiers will be the target.

Enough to get decent prospects with some top-class experience who are keen to break through in a good side with regular Euro competition; that's how we'll unearth and add value to another VVD/Dembele.

Two main concerns:

Centre-back. Please not McKenna - every time I see him try to close someone down the gallop makes me wonder what happened to Shergar.

Striker - a 'target man'. Sutton-esque presence to rumble defensive lines and let Eddy Mercury float free and use that pace and guile of his running at defences.

After the summer's CL failure, no hiding place for Pistol Pete and the board if they don't back Brendan now; everybody knows what's required and when. CL 2019-2020 prep starts January first.

I reckon:

Boyata offski for circa £10 million.

Ntcham tempted by anther £10 million (hence the improved new contract we agreed - maximise the impending fee) - but he may stay til summer.

Benkovic will stay for at least the season.

Keep Jozo and get him back on focus.

Big Ajer will be months out before fully capable again, so...

We will have £15 million to spend, wages included, I'd estimate - no screwing around because the CL qualifiers will be the target.

Enough to get decent prospects with some top-class experience who are keen to break through in a good side with regular Euro competition; that's how we'll unearth and add value to another VVD/Dembele.

Two main concerns:

Centre-back. Please not McKenna - every time I see him try to close someone down the gallop makes me wonder what happened to Shergar.

Striker - a 'target man'. Sutton-esque presence to rumble defensive lines and let Eddy Mercury float free and use that pace and guile of his running at defences.

After the summer's CL failure, no hiding place for Pistol Pete and the board if they don't back Brendan now; everybody knows what's required and when. CL 2019-2020 prep starts January first.
spot on sandman, brendan said the january window is the most important, we'll find out about ambition then, are ye listenin peter!!!

We must be able to scout a centre-back for under £6million that's better than Boyata! Never rated the guy n after his snidey actions in August, which definitely stirred the dressing room n pricked a few ears up, he can't be trusted off the pitch just as much as he can't be trusted on it.

Piss off, Boyata! I offer a free arse kicking service to the airport!

As well as the need to buy guys there needs to be a clearout also. Too many with no chance of making the starting 11. The wages freed up would enable us to afford a better quality of player.
HH?

Members online

Latest posts

Back