Happy Fathers Day

Benignus

My Bhoy got me a wee speaker that I can plug my tablet into and a card for Father's day, made my day, he might even buy me a pint later on. I lost my da when I was a kid and days like today I wish he was still around to see my son. I'm so proud of him, he's almost finished his modern apprenticeship in business and then he's going down South to live back at his mums and I'll miss him like hell, so to all proud fathers I hope you enjoy spending time with your sons and daughters today.

Off out of here now, beach picnic trip about 20 of us in my Clannad now, look like a old stick fight clan. the wee near 3 is built like a wee Tadhg Furlong
Way to go yet compared to my long in Fenian heaven Granda, who I have over 100 first cousins courtesy of.
Family is all.

Happy Dhad's & Grandhad's tae CELT'S everywhere, Today I'm feeling humbled, blessed, loved, spoiled & wee bit sad.

Sunday is usually ma lazy day, lie-in, brunch about 11:30-12ish, not today. 9:30 4 Grandkids 2 Adult kids all jumping on the bed, great way tae wake up after a 12hr Saturday sesh in the pub, NOT!

The reason for such an early rise, the youngest if my 2 sons was going tae skype me from Dubai at 10am I got badges, sweets & a new bunnet of the Grandkids, my daughter got me a bottle of malt whisky & chocolates, my 2 sons I got a wee 5day trip tae Cyprus for the Scotland game In November, the reason for the sadness my wee vist tae Da's & Granda's graves.

Now comfortably numb ?? Sláinte

Happy Dhad's & Grandhad's tae CELT'S everywhere, Today I'm feeling humbled, blessed, loved, spoiled & wee bit sad.

Sunday is usually ma lazy day, lie-in, brunch about 11:30-12ish, not today. 9:30 4 Grandkids 2 Adult kids all jumping on the bed, great way tae wake up after a 12hr Saturday sesh in the pub, NOT!

The reason for such an early rise, the youngest if my 2 sons was going tae skype me from Dubai at 10am I got badges, sweets & a new bunnet of the Grandkids, my daughter got me a bottle of malt whisky & chocolates, my 2 sons I got a wee 5day trip tae Cyprus for the Scotland game In November, the reason for the sadness my wee vist tae Da's & Granda's graves.

Now comfortably numb ?? Sláinte
And to all the people who adopt and give kids a role model Dad to look up to, dads to so many and to all the da,s who are not here with us on this special day, that includes mine, just to say a big thank you for just been my Da.

Last edited:
And to all the people who adopt and give kids a role model Dad to look up to, dads to so many and to all the da,s who are not here with us on this special day, that includes mine, just to say a big thank you for just been my Da.

Great to think of Foster Da's.
Anyone of the Gael, Irish or Scot, fostering sons between families if only to keep the peace was once and for centuries common practise.

Great ballad for all those Da's in Heaven or where ever you imagine those you miss and love.

The tears have all been she'd now,
We've said our last goodbyes.
His soul's been blest,
He's laid to rest,
And now I feel alone.
He was more then just my father,
My teacher, my best friend,
And he'll still be heard,
In the tunes we've shared,
When I play them on my own.
I never will forget him,
For he made me what I am.