Happy International Blasphemy day!

Look at all those wizards, aren't they grand. A great bunch of lads!

Harry-Potter-and-the-Deathly-Hallows-Part-1.jpg.webp

Good Morning Vietnam. What a film that was. The genius of Robin Williams is sadly missed.

giphy.gif
One of my favourite films
Robin Williams, an absolute firecracker, who made so many of us laugh
He's missed in our world, same for George Carlin
Good Morning Vietnam, was so good
Full Metal Jacket and Platoon, are also great shows if you're into Vietnam War era films
This song was played constantly during the War, and the fat orange bloviated fuckwad played it at one his MAGA rallies, only to be told to cease and desist from using it
He doesn't do irony, as the song is about the draft of teenagers, except for those from affluent families

One of my favourite films
Robin Williams, an absolute firecracker, who made so many of us laugh
He's missed in our world, same for George Carlin
Good Morning Vietnam, was so good
Full Metal Jacket and Platoon, are also great shows if you're into Vietnam War era films
This song was played constantly during the War, and the fat orange bloviated fuckwad played it at one his MAGA rallies, only to be told to cease and desist from using it
He doesn't do irony, as the song is about the draft of teenagers, except for those from affluent families
The best Vietnam movie I seen was Dear America, letters home from Vietnam. It was actual footage of the troops with actors reading their letters mixed with an amazing sound track 👍

The best Vietnam movie I seen was Dear America, letters home from Vietnam. It was actual footage of the troops with actors reading their letters mixed with an amazing sound track 👍
I'll have to check that out
I worked with a guy who did two tours of Vietnam
I had read a book entitled 'The tunnels of Cu Chi' and asked him if he knew of them
He said he'd worked with the tunnel rats and told me stories of what he had witnessed, and what he'd seen in terms of him being a medic

HH

I'll have to check that out
I worked with a guy who did two tours of Vietnam
I had read a book entitled 'The tunnels of Cu Chi' and asked him if he knew of them
He said he'd worked with the tunnel rats and told me stories of what he had witnessed, and what he'd seen in terms of him being a medic

HH
They tunnel rats had some pair of balls on them. How they had the guts to crawl into them baffles me

when the mines are apparently above ground....... makes you wonder what choice they had
The most powerful Nation on earth at the time, breaking through tunnel walls to find a fully assembled American tank underground
Tunnels which stretched for more than 200 miles underground
Fully operational surgeries with captured parachute silk lining the walls and makeshift machinery to keep air flow and lightning working
A bit demoralising for those thinking that they were fighting folk who tended rice paddies
One of the things the Vietcong noticed that when helicopters came in to drop off troops, or land, the palm trees around the clearings, would bend inwards towards the ground, so they put Claymore mines in the branches
The helicopters wash would then bring in the palm tree branches, hit the rotors, exploding the mines
A sad time in our history

The most powerful Nation on earth at the time, breaking through tunnel walls to find a fully assembled American tank underground
Fully operational surgeries with captured parachute silk lining the walls and makeshift machinery to keep air flow and lightning working
A bit demoralising for those thinking that they were fighting folk who tended rice paddies
One of the things the Vietcong noticed that when helicopters came in to drop off troops, or land, the palm trees around the clearings, would bend inwards towards the ground, so they put Claymore mines in the branches
The helicopters wash would then bring in the palm tree branches, hit the rotors, exploding the mines
The Americans described that as poor man's steel rain and not in a derogatory way. The courage, ingenuity and endurance of the Vietnamese people was exemplary.
Ken Burns' excellent series 'The Vietnam War' is a most illuminating watch; particularly in regard to the end of the French colonial regime and the origins of the later conflict.

18“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.20Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ b If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

john 15

18“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.20Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ b If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

john 15
Look at that that! Those numbers all lead up to 26!
By all principles of numerology this can only mean he does love me after all!
The gods be praised!
Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy-ren-and-stimpy-30567735-500-244.jpg

The wife’s Dad served in Korea as young marine in 52/53. It affected him for most of his adult life. In the 1970s he started to draw sketches from memory. He also wrote a wee book for the family called Korean Days, Chinese Nights and put his sketches in the book too.
Here are a few of his drawings.

Attachments

• FFABAA66-63DE-4768-B4EA-DC2F5FCBD9B5.jpeg
    FFABAA66-63DE-4768-B4EA-DC2F5FCBD9B5.jpeg
    505.8 KB · Views: 13
  • F7A336ED-63D5-48C4-8ABB-80E33ABC6E5C.jpeg
    F7A336ED-63D5-48C4-8ABB-80E33ABC6E5C.jpeg
    393.1 KB · Views: 13
  • CE0D3151-E05D-465B-845B-C570F4D0BA6B.jpeg
    CE0D3151-E05D-465B-845B-C570F4D0BA6B.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 12

Members online