Happy New Year

I was there and din't know anything about it, I usually went straight home but that day I stopped off at my granny's for some tea
The news came on with a 'Tragedy at a football ground..."
I said "That looks like Ibrox"
Watched the segment, realized I was normally home by that time, and was on my toes, off up the road, we didn't have a phone in those days
My mates had got to my house before me, as we were going out, and asked if I was home from the game, they then told my folks about the news report
I arrived home breathless, shortly after that, and my Mom collapsed as I walked in the door, they hadn't said which end it was, so she thought the worst
Will never forget that tragic day
There was a young Greenock boy lost in the crush
In those days, everybody knew everybody else, so the whole community felt it
A different time, and my thoughts are with all those affected by that tragic day

I was there and din't know anything about it, I usually went straight home but that day I stopped off at my granny's for some tea
The news came on with a 'Tragedy at a football ground..."
I said "That looks like Ibrox"
Watched the segment, realized I was normally home by that time, and was on my toes, off up the road, we didn't have a phone in those days
My mates had got to my house before me, as we were going out, and asked if I was home from the game, they then told my folks about the news report
I arrived home breathless, shortly after that, and my Mom collapsed as I walked in the door, they hadn't said which end it was, so she thought the worst
Will never forget that tragic day
There was a young Greenock boy lost in the crush
In those days, everybody knew everybody else, so the whole community felt it
A different time, and my thoughts are with all those affected by that tragic day
Me to Dill, had to get to a phone and phone a neighbour as we didn't have a house phone in they days, also got barred from going there by my mum for a few seasons.

May they rest in peace.

Happy New year to you and yours this fine year coming.

Not the best start for us #1 son and his future bride both tested positive, mild symptoms so far and they are I'm glad to say up to date with their boosters etc, hope it stays that way, he's a teacher and she's a Nurse so hopefully both be fine.

H.H
All the best to you 50 and hope your Bairn and his Partner (👏nurse👏👏👏) get well soon.

HH 👏

Members online

No members online now.

Back