Happy new year

Here's a wee story, 20 years ago tonight, after a particularly miserable hogmanay where I spent my millennium eve listening to my Maw's sister in law going on and on about folk parking opposite her driveway, I came home and scoffed a bottle of vodka. Got up late on the 1st and had a brainwave of going to London. Jumped in the car and 4 and a half hours later I was in central London, yup 4 and a half hours from North Lanarkshire to Central London. I drove round the sights for a while then decided that I could make it home in 4 hours maybe 3 and a half!
All was going well, averaging big mph until I found myself in Leeds! I'd missed the M6 junction! Fuck it. Another 120 miles onto the journey.
Still 1000 miles in 12 hours including sightseeing made it a memorable new years day.
This memory was brought to you thanks to our sponsor Stella Artois! 😸

Here's a wee story, 20 years ago tonight, after a particularly miserable hogmanay where I spent my millennium eve listening to my Maw's sister in law going on and on about folk parking opposite her driveway, I came home and scoffed a bottle of vodka. Got up late on the 1st and had a brainwave of going to London. Jumped in the car and 4 and a half hours later I was in central London, yup 4 and a half hours from North Lanarkshire to Central London. I drove round the sights for a while then decided that I could make it home in 4 hours maybe 3 and a half!
All was going well, averaging big mph until I found myself in Leeds! I'd missed the M6 junction! Fuck it. Another 120 miles onto the journey.
Still 1000 miles in 12 hours including sightseeing made it a memorable new years day.
Was waitin on a big endin there...Somethin like you ended up in a high speed car chase ,helicopter on you the lot and you got away.Ah well!

(The Artur edit)
When I got to Leeds Don Johnson appeared in his Ferrari, chased me for 35 miles but I escaped, then the RAF sent some Harriers after me, escaped again. Then at Carlisle services a bunch of tigers tried to steal my pringles, punched fuck out of them. Then Inspector Morse turned up in his mk 2 Jag......

Not the first Cat ever to make it to London town 🐱🐱🐱🐱😂

May it be a great year.
Happy new year to all and your loved ones. Keep the faith all, the 9 was never going to be easy we all know that but we all know it will be so. Let them have their wee moment, so they beat the champions at home (haven't seen their trophy ) tis the year to make more history and this setback will be forgotten in the joy of 9 in a row COYBIG HH god bless 💚☘✌

Happy New Year everyone.

Bit late I know but been a bit under the weather, ( not self inflicted like most of you).

New Years resolution, aff the bevy for January, not had a drink since I was practically driven to one Sunday by our team 🤮.

Anyhow day 1 successful ✅
Good luck 50 I was considering the same but after my crimbo pressies comprised of a 8yr old black spiced rum and other alcoholic beverages I'm off to a bad start maybe February (oh nope birthday month , maybe March 😛🤞

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back