Harry Brady on Celtic Underground reveals Celtic's complete lack of a scouting infrastructure

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Remember those leaked recruitment documents from the beginning of April? Threadbare to say the least. Well Harry Brady on Celtic Underground has this evening provided an insight into the complete lack of scouting at Celtic at the moment and reckons that this is the fault of the Celtic Board, costing Celtic up to £50m

This really should be widely read, and Harry is regarded as a Lawwell man too. Videocelts were reporting earlier that even the Lawwell controlled Celtic site was kicking him today.

http://celticunderground.net/you-reap-what-you-sow/

And if Harry is correct, and I have no reason to doubt him, then Lawwell pocketed that £2m bonus at the end of last year, planned a clear out of Lustig and the rest and knew he had nothing organised at all to sign players - while continuing to sell off our best players (KT). Shocking.

Remember those leaked recruitment documents from the beginning of April? Threadbare to say the least. Well Harry Brady on Celtic Underground has this evening provided an insight into the complete lack of scouting at Celtic at the moment and reckons that this is the fault of the Celtic Board, costing Celtic up to £50m

This really should be widely read, and Harry is regarded as a Lawwell man too. Videocelts were reporting earlier that even the Lawwell controlled Celtic site was kicking him today.

http://celticunderground.net/you-reap-what-you-sow/

And if Harry is correct, and I have no reason to doubt him, then Lawwell pocketed that £2m bonus at the end of last year, planned a clear out of Lustig and the rest and knew he had nothing organised at all to sign players - while continuing to sell off our best players (KT). Shocking.
That really is diabolical if true and seems to fit exactly what we have witnessed over the last few weeks. Disgraceful way to run a business! ???

If this is for real it is simply embarrassing. There has been a lot of good work done over many years at Celtic. It won't take long to unravel with a lack of accountability, structure or planning. Basic fundamentals being overlooked. No wonder we can't get players through the door. In the absence of a scouting infrastructure you can only then have a select few agents you work with. That limits your pool straight off the bat. This shit is making sense.
Has John Park signed that Falkirk contract? Step in Desmond get Lawwell back in his box and take control here!

Just read it myself,it also states that Peter Lawell received a £2,000,000
bonus last year.
Harry also said the board knew of the departure of Rogers but still allowed him to knock back £4.5 m from Chelsea for Craig Gordon..£8 m for Jozo,and £10 from Seville for Boyata who left for nothing less than a year later..
This is a complete catastrophe,why has this man Lawell not done the right thing and resigned...
Anytime I think of this man the same song comes to mind....The Great Pretender..
No more pretentious nonsense Lawell sign the paper and jog on..HH

I would remind people that the above post doesn't really have any solid sources to back it up. I really doubt anyone was offering £8 million for Jozo. The Boyata thing was obviously public knowledge - the dilemma there was that we could've came out of last year's summer window minus our best centre forward and our best centre half, so Celtic obviously refused to sell. I have my own doubts about most of the stuff written above. Rodgers' departure didn't look like it was in any sense preordained. I have no trouble believing that Rodgers had indicated to the board that he'd leave Celtic at the end of the season, but not overnight in February. I'd point to the January business Celtic did. It didn't seem like he or anyone else knew he was going.

If true ... then it is shocking that the senior men at Celtic are STILL senior men at Celtic . In any business the CEO and his cohorts take responsibility for planning - that's what they get the big bucks for - so where is the planning at Celtic ? And we are constantly reminded by the club that it is a well run BUSINESS !

In the light of this disclosure ( again , if accurate ) then the money paid out for Boli and Julien looks like a desperate attempt to get in some players to fill a void . What research/investigation went into ascertaining how competent these guys were , or if their style suited our club ?
The fact that in a crucial match the manager does not rate them highly enough to play them indicates that , perhaps , this was money spent in desperation and that these players were NOT properly scouted !

HH

Correct me if I'm wrong but up until BR came to Celtic he had won fuck all of significance, yet he was allowed tae come in & destroy an excellent scouting system, then leave the club with fuck all. Obviously this was sanction by Lawell he is very good CEO, but fucking hopless when it comes tae the football side of the business, I buy 3 season tkts for my children every year & 3 for my grand kid's, replica tops for them. So as a fan I'm doing my bit. Still best no posting stuff when angry ? & Lawell is ripping ma fycken knittin at the moment

I would remind people that the above post doesn't really have any solid sources to back it up. I really doubt anyone was offering £8 million for Jozo. The Boyata thing was obviously public knowledge - the dilemma there was that we could've came out of last year's summer window minus our best centre forward and our best centre half, so Celtic obviously refused to sell. I have my own doubts about most of the stuff written above. Rodgers' departure didn't look like it was in any sense preordained. I have no trouble believing that Rodgers had indicated to the board that he'd leave Celtic at the end of the season, but not overnight in February. I'd point to the January business Celtic did. It didn't seem like he or anyone else knew he was going.

I'd be believing most of this Sam, remember Lawwell gave his last podcast interview to Harry Brady.

Members online

Latest posts

Back