Has Broonie chucked it.

Imagine you are a legendary Celtic Captain watching your chance at immortality being ripped from your grasp by a combination of corruption and incompetence. And the agents of corruption and incompetence send you out to be their propaganda tool. How much enthusiasm would you be capable of.

Sorry Nick, I don't believe he has chucked it. He is just getting older (it happens 😪) and has slowed a bit which means he has lost the edge. Although he did suffer the occassional off day last season - I think it was because he was played far too often.

If the seasons had played out normally then I think he could have continued at nearly the same high levels if he was used smartly. However, I suspect he has suffered most due to lockdown. By losing that regular gametime after a well deserved short summer break I think he has really struggled to mentally and physically regain his intensity which propelled him to mostly a high standard after the extended break.

I think he is just very downcast because he is gutted because the team are failing badly and on a personal level he too is playing poorly and he must feel his playing days are drawing to a close

Imagine you are a legendary Celtic Captain watching your chance at immortality being ripped from your grasp by a combination of corruption and incompetence. And the agents of corruption and incompetence send you out to be their propaganda tool. How much enthusiasm would you be capable of.
Exactly 26+, Broonie just looked totally deflated. When you look and listen to that "interview", the truth of the situation is plain to see. The need for change is now or never,, (no Elvis vids please).

Sorry Nick, I don't believe he has chucked it. He is just getting older (it happens 😪) and has slowed a bit which means he has lost the edge. Although he did suffer the occassional off day last season - I think it was because he was played far too often.

If the seasons had played out normally then I think he could have continued at nearly the same high levels if he was used smartly. However, I suspect he has suffered most due to lockdown. By losing that regular gametime after a well deserved short summer break I think he has really struggled to mentally and physically regain his intensity which propelled him to mostly a high standard after the extended break.

I think he is just very downcast because he is gutted because the team are failing badly and on a personal level he too is playing poorly and he must feel his playing days are drawing to a close
My point was not to suggest Broonie has "chucked it", more to suggest he has had enough of the current situation and really dosn't want that "qna" to continue. To me he looked fed up. Never wanted to suggest he would give in.

Hes already immortal mate hes won a 9 and 11 trophies in a row how many can say that??

Back