Has Mr Desmond arrived yet ?

Derry Bhoy

As i said in a previous post that no major desisions are made at Celtic without Mr Desmonds input. The present shambles has been in the making from the start of the season. Why did he have to wait until now to deal with this problem.
The Green Brigade warned Desmond/Lawwell early in the season "DONT FALL ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL " there is oboviously no plan B in place as they are running around now like headless chickens trying to get a manager.
So much for a sharp business man, it makes you wonder were Celtic rate on his list of businesses, I suppose he was paying somebody over £3,000.000 p.a. and thought that he may be capable of dealing with this problem earlier.
I think its going to be to late now to recover what should have been a historic season.

As i said in a previous post that no major desisions are made at Celtic without Mr Desmonds input. The present shambles has been in the making from the start of the season. Why did he have to wait until now to deal with this problem.
The Green Brigade warned Desmond/Lawwell early in the season "DONT FALL ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL " there is oboviously no plan B in place as they are running around now like headless chickens trying to get a manager.
So much for a sharp business man, it makes you wonder were Celtic rate on his list of businesses, I suppose he was paying somebody over £3,000.000 p.a. and thought that he may be capable of dealing with this problem earlier.
I think its going to be to late now to recover what should have been a historic season.
Sack the board.

What problem did we have at start of the season that we needed to solve before today?

Why is there obviously no plan B?

When in your opinion was Plan A useless?

Lennon was manager at start of season after winning league and board invested millions in new players?

Why would they sack lennon having won treble last season at beginning of season?

Who should they have got as manager at start of season?

how much should they pay him?

Would you be wanting another manager if we were in same position today with new manager?

DB, I don't think any of us could have honestly predicted or legislated for where we are currently at.

I do believe that we were all aware that complacency could have been an issue, but we looked in decent shape before the lockdown (with the exception of the Copenhagen game) and we might have reasonably expected that that would continue to be the case once the football restarted.

At that point (prior to lockdown), I'm not sure that a Plan B was absolutely required unless there was a 'snake slithering off in the night' type incident.

Venture capitalists and elite accountants are notoriously famed for their decisive actions and killer instincts. They are renowned for split-second decisions that can boost or buckle world economies depending on what suits them best.

One would hope our own venture capitalist and elite accountant might have responded slightly sooner to arrest this slide, but in fairness - I'm not sure that too many of us seen this coming.

What problem did we have at start of the season that we needed to solve before today?

Why is there obviously no plan B?

When in your opinion was Plan A useless?

Lennon was manager at start of season after winning league and board invested millions in new players?

Why would they sack lennon having won treble last season at beginning of season?
The results have been poor since on 9th Aug we drew with Kilmarnock and the following week we were beat by Ferencvarosi at Celtic Park and shocking displays against The Rangers ,Milan , Sparta Prague at home . and Hibs
The warning signs appeared in late August but were ignored by P.L he should have seen that things were not going well and had a plan in place to arrest the decline in performances.
Whether that was bring in some help for Neil Lennon or employing a new backroom team.

The results have been poor since on 9th Aug we drew with Kilmarnock and the following week we were beat by Ferencvarosi at Celtic Park and shocking displays against The Rangers ,Milan , Sparta Prague at home . and Hibs
The warning signs appeared in late August but were ignored by P.L he should have seen that things were not going well and had a plan in place to arrest the decline in performances.
Whether that was bring in some help for Neil Lennon or employing a new backroom team.
None of these incidents warrant sacking individually

And you may well have had a bad feeling he couldn't change things but it would have been a knee jerk decision based on feelings YOU had

his win record was pretty good

big games suspect but still big games and he also had some pretty impressive European results

hindsight is wonderful but unless you have a friggin time machine YOUR feelings are not factually correct.

He deserves sack for his reactions and his lack of them this season

He wasn't saying bizarre things every other game at beginning of season

even now his win ratio is still pretty good

but his after match chats and analysis have taken a dive and he clinging to weak arguments

were not there at beginning of season

Lawell needs punted for his lack of transparency
it seems lennon does too

you want change but suggest no-one as replacement

perhaps no-one we would want wants job under your conditions?

Ano wit ur saying Derry bhoy but hes not a psychic this team just won they're third treble he gave Lennon money so he would have been expecting our form to pick up like we all did so we can't expect Desmond to act on something that hadn't happened yet if u know wit I mean🤷‍♂️

Ano wit ur saying Derry bhoy but hes not a psychic this team just won they're third treble he gave Lennon money so he would have been expecting our form to pick up like we all did so we can't expect Desmond to act on something that hadn't happened yet if u know wit I mean🤷‍♂️
i think they're all baffled to feck like us at to what the fucks going on, kept the team, invested and we've regressed

None of these incidents warrant sacking individually

And you may well have had a bad feeling he couldn't change things but it would have been a knee jerk decision based on feelings YOU had

his win record was pretty good

big games suspect but still big games and he also had some pretty impressive European results

hindsight is wonderful but unless you have a friggin time machine YOUR feelings are not factually correct.

He deserves sack for his reactions and his lack of them this season

He wasn't saying bizarre things every other game at beginning of season

even now his win ratio is still pretty good

but his after match chats and analysis have taken a dive and he clinging to weak arguments

were not there at beginning of season

Lawell needs punted for his lack of transparency
it seems lennon does too

you want change but suggest no-one as replacement

perhaps no-one we would want wants job under your conditions?
With regard to replacement P.L. is getting millions of pounds to do that job. I see he had a game of golf with Eddie Howe but the board have given the current manager a vote of confidence so who knows whats going on.

With regard to replacement P.L. is getting millions of pounds to do that job. I see he had a game of golf with Eddie Howe but the board have given the current manager a vote of confidence so who knows whats going on.
is that hearsay

you have a reference for that claim?

You want a better manager

Id be interested to know who is better that you consider would be good value?

how can club be sure they got the right guy if you haven't given your seal of approval.

Who knows you might no like the new guys clothes or his haircut and then we would need to listen to how he needs to go based on hearsay that he refuses to cut his hair to your specifications

Back