Hatate

Unfortunately for Hatate, a chance for Turnbull tae establish himsel in the midfield, Calmac & O'Riley seem tae have become 1st choice for Ange.

So time for Turnbull tae show us the player he can be, I really rate Turnbull, he's got everything you want in a midfielder, variety of passes, Good shit on him, decent at free kicks, ok hes bit 💩 at corners.

Looking forward tae seeing what he does tomorrow if he's starting.
Spot on TT, his corners were pish and predictable. O'Riley puts in a far better delivery and will sometimes play the odd short one, it doesnt always come off but at least it keeps the defence guessing.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't really rate Turnbull. I will happily be proved wrong by him though.
I rate him shammy but I think I know where you're coming from as hes been known to disappear in the bigger games before.
Still a young player , on his game can be brilliant and if anyones going to get the best out of his game then Ange will be that person.
Youd think hes the automatic replacement for hatate but theres others there as well , possibly the one mf position that is still being contested for the no1 pick , soon find out HH COYBIG 🍀

It’s about time the Board says something about this lack of protection The referees are just letting these assaults go so the assaults are getting worse by the game
I wasnt sure if that was tongue in cheek about the board speaking out or not SG.
I dont expect them to say anything about anything unless theres money to be made, Ange wont call it ( cant see it) goes against his style but theres plenty others there who could if this continues like Kewell or Kennedy, JK is my preference to call it should it continue

Still remain a big fan of turnbull myself as a player and can totally understand why shammy amongst others don't.
Question marks will always remain against turnbull defensively and winning the ball back for us, but games like today is where the real improvement needs to be seen more imo.
Has the tools to unlock a packed defence but also needs to start becoming braver with wanting to get on the ball and looking to make things happen.
Still allowing himself to get marked out of the play to easily and not involved enough when the space is harder to find in games like today.
Sad to say that Ange may well have to try and pick and choose the games turnbull can start in, as could well make more of an impact from the subs bench imo.

Unfortunately for Hatate, a chance for Turnbull tae establish himsel in the midfield, Calmac & O'Riley seem tae have become 1st choice for Ange.

So time for Turnbull tae show us the player he can be, I really rate Turnbull, he's got everything you want in a midfielder, variety of passes, Good shit on him, decent at free kicks, ok hes bit 💩 at corners.

Looking forward tae seeing what he does tomorrow if he's starting.
I had the same thought TT; I also felt there was some improvement in his game. Can't say there was any evidence of it today. Maybe a bit hard on the kid though. The team as unit was slightly off it. Some credit due to County; they were their usual stubborn selves. Crap to watch !

Still remain a big fan of turnbull myself as a player and can totally understand why shammy amongst others don't.
Question marks will always remain against turnbull defensively and winning the ball back for us, but games like today is where the real improvement needs to be seen more imo.
Has the tools to unlock a packed defence but also needs to start becoming braver with wanting to get on the ball and looking to make things happen.
Still allowing himself to get marked out of the play to easily and not involved enough when the space is harder to find in games like today.
Sad to say that Ange may well have to try and pick and choose the games turnbull can start in, as could well make more of an impact from the subs bench imo.
He was one of the few players who got pass marks in the 10 in a row season that wasn't. I remember saying back then that I could see us building the new team round him (wrong again) He wasn't as impressive last season for some reason, maybe the amount of new dynamic players have shaken his confidence a bit?
I still think he has a good future with us.

He was one of the few players who got pass marks in the 10 in a row season that wasn't. I remember saying back then that I could see us building the new team round him (wrong again) He wasn't as impressive last season for some reason, maybe the amount of new dynamic players have shaken his confidence a bit?
I still think he has a good future with us.
Far from wrong hoopy as was such an important player for us in the 1st half of the last season until injury put paid to that and delighted to have gained hatate as he became so important to us, even if tiredness became a problem for him.
Now we have strengthen and if Mooy or getting in another holding/playmaker happens then turnbull could yet find himself dropping down the pecking order as such, especially within a very important season for himself and his future with ourselves maybe at stake still?
Wouldn't want to lose him myself must admit

Spot on TT, his corners were pish and predictable. O'Riley puts in a far better delivery and will sometimes play the odd short one, it doesnt always come off but at least it keeps the defence guessing.
I didn't get to see much beyond maybe 75% of the first half but I got the impression they had a height advantage defending corners; until Celtic's Lens spied a way through.
What I saw of Turnball was encouraging. In my more paranoid moments I've accused him of being a hundercover operative and wished him gone. Apologies to the player and those of you who witnessed that outburst. At the end of the day the lad is perhaps a bit behind his peers in terms of sharpness but he'll get there.
The Bhoys in the middle did their job today and the Rock Star was afforded the space to provide the smash hits. Scoring 3 away in the 2nd half against a defensive team, especially after they nicked an equaliser is a testament to the character of all the men who took the field and the big Aussie Field Marshall who prepared, commanded and inspired them.
We have a sub bench any other SPFL team would give anything to have in their 1st 11 and by jaysis do we have the man in charge who can deploy the bench effectively.
This is going to be a season to remember.

Members online

Latest posts

Back