Health

Good luck and yes one day at a time maybe even break it down to an hour at a time in these early days.

Thanx Rose, yeah i have found myself doing that.

White knuckling it just now but i’m hopeful the craving passes soon.

Tbh i think this patch is dodgy 🤣🤣🤣 just can’t stop thinking about a cigarette just now and its doing my nut right in 🙈

Not smoking but a health issue

Ive got a cocaine addiction...Was using nearly everyday from about 2000 until about 2010..thankfully ive not touched it since then but the urge is always there, deep in the back on my mind but i know its still there...It nearly killed me, i nearly lost everything I was on the edge of a cliff but to cut a long story short, i had an intervention from a friend which came out of nowhere...I managed to get sober and get my life back on track..everyday im thankful that im away from it and that i am healthy....Cocaine is evil, there are so many people in all walks of society, all ages that are addicted and they dont even know it..You will probably notice that in the last 10-20 years there has been a spike in people with mental health issues..I for one am a firm believer that cocaine addiction is a major factor, not the sole reason obviously but has played a huge part in this sudden rise.. Folks on here whether you are a father, brother son , daughter or friend ...Look out for your the person next to ..It might not be drugs, it might be gambling, it might be alcohol...whatever the vice is, it may will end up consuming them..an intervention, a casual word in their ear or a shoulder to lean on could make the difference

Anyway, Smoking....Good on ye for quitting!! .............I smoke like fuck :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (y)

Stopped 17 yrs now i wasn't a heavy smoker ,20 a day if i was lucky ,i looked at patches and i looked at gum ,and i also looked at all the chemicals they add to tobacco and saw i'd be swapping one load of drugs for another

So went cold turkey just stopped there and then , i put a jar on the mantlepiece and put each days ciggie money in it soon filled up

The first 3 days were when you get the withdrawel symptoms , chest pain (your arterys are opening up ) sleepless (excercise helps ) and anxiousness again a drug included in tobacco causes this (excercise helps with that to } first week is your body dumping all the toxins out your system and kickstarting your health

After 3 days i felt slightly better first thing you notice is how your clothes bedding or house stinks of ciggies ,appetite was better, food tasted better and i wasn't that grey colour every other smoker was ,,,and i had cash jar that was ful so the end of the month i felt a whole lot healthier kept filling the jar for a few months after and used it to pay for the season ticket

Get passed the 3rd day and your on your way to healthier lifestyle
Vapes ,gum,patches aren't the answer and are lab made as with tobacco they will have toxins included

good luck and hope it goes well for you i found it easy others don't but get past 3 days and see how you feel

Stopped 17 yrs now i wasn't a heavy smoker ,20 a day if i was lucky ,i looked at patches and i looked at gum ,and i also looked at all the chemicals they add to tobacco and saw i'd be swapping one load of drugs for another

So went cold turkey just stopped there and then , i put a jar on the mantlepiece and put each days ciggie money in it soon filled up

The first 3 days were when you get the withdrawel symptoms , chest pain (your arterys are opening up ) sleepless (excercise helps ) and anxiousness again a drug included in tobacco causes this (excercise helps with that to } first week is your body dumping all the toxins out your system and kickstarting your health

After 3 days i felt slightly better first thing you notice is how your clothes bedding or house stinks of ciggies ,appetite was better, food tasted better and i wasn't that grey colour every other smoker was ,,,and i had cash jar that was ful so the end of the month i felt a whole lot healthier kept filling the jar for a few months after and used it to pay for the season ticket

Get passed the 3rd day and your on your way to healthier lifestyle
Vapes ,gum,patches aren't the answer and are lab made as with tobacco they will have toxins included

good luck and hope it goes well for you i found it easy others don't but get past 3 days and see how you feel

Thanx Kelly and well done. I do enjoy walking and as soon as the weather gets a little better i will defo be back out doing that. I have lost a lot of weight recently and reckon walking will kill two birds with one stone. Also think walking is good for the soul maybe not as much on the sole though. Yip. Got ma jacket 😂😂😂

Forgot to add dump everything smoke related out your house ,and don't wait for the weather to change go out now
Fill your lungs wi fresh air if it's your on your first day of stopping ,you've just came up with your first excuse ;) see how easyit is to fall back the way

Go online later and have a read at the chemicals they put in tobacco to make it addictive then read up on the chemicals , you'll be out the door like a shot :LOL:

and as for jamsam with his Lena martel album ,,,,ffs man :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Forgot to add dump everything smoke related out your house ,and don't wait for the weather to change go out now
Fill your lungs wi fresh air if it's your on your first day of stopping ,you've just came up with your first excuse ;) see how easyit is to fall back the way

Go online later and have a read at the chemicals they put in tobacco to make it addictive then read up on the chemicals , you'll be out the door like a shot :LOL:

I was out to the shop this morning but i hate walking when its icy. I kinda freeze up. But yeah great advice and gratefully received.

I don’t know who Lena Martel is? 👍

Get the ffs oot o here you gave up cause yir a miserable hairless baboon bet you wanted to be a beagle and get them fur free.
and a bet you lost yer hair cause head and shoulders wiz. To dear FUD 🖕
One day at a time sweet cheesus

HH 😂

Get the ffs oot o here you gave up cause yir a miserable hairless baboon bet you wanted to be a beagle and get them fur free.

HH 😂

I just found it Jam, do you listen to this.... it made me giggle 😂😂😂

Thanx fifty. Yesh all good advice n i need to nail it pal.

We’re on the one road....🎼🇮🇪✊💚

My Cigarette, My Friend

How do you feel about a friend who has to go everywhere with you? Not only does he tag along all the time, but since he is so offensive and vulgar, you become unwelcome when with him. He has a peculiar odor that sticks to you wherever you go. Others think both of you stink.

He controls you totally. When he says jump, you jump. Sometimes in the middle of a blizzard or storm, he wants you to come to the store and pick him up. You would give your spouse hell if he or she did that to you all the time, but you can't argue with your friend.

Sometimes, when you are out at a movie or play he says he wants you to go stand in the lobby with him and miss important scenes. Since he calls all the shots in your life, you go.

Your friend doesn't like your choice of clothing either. Instead of politely telling you that you have lousy taste, he burns little holes in these items so you will want to throw them out. Sometimes, he tires of the furniture and gets rid of it too. Occasionally, he gets really nasty and decides the whole house must go.

He gets pretty expensive to support. Not only is his knack of property destruction costly, but you must pay to keep him with you. In fact, he will cost you thousands of dollars over your lifetime. And you can count on one thing, he will never pay you a penny in return.

Often at picnics you watch others playing vigorous activities and having lots of fun doing them. But your friend won't let you. He doesn't believe in physical activity. In his opinion, you are too old to have that kind of fun. So he kind of sits on your chest and makes it difficult for you to breathe. Now you don't want to go off and play with other people when you can't breathe, do you?

Your friend does not believe in being healthy. He is really repulsed by the thought of you living a long and productive life. So, every chance he gets he makes you sick. He helps you catch colds and flu. Not just by running out in the middle of the lousy weather to pick him up at the store. He is more creative than that.

He carries thousands of poisons with him which he constantly blows in your face. When you inhale some of them, they wipe out cilia in your lungs which would have helped you prevent these diseases.

But colds and flu are just his form of child's play. He especially likes diseases that slowly cripple you - like emphysema. He considers this disease great. Once he gets you to have this, you will give up all your other friends, family, career goals, activities - everything. You will just sit home and caress him, telling him what a great friend he is while you desperately gasp for air.

But eventually your friend tires of you. He decides he no longer wishes to have your company. Instead of letting you go your separate ways, he decides to kill you. He has a wonderful arsenal of weapons behind him. In fact, he has been plotting your death since the day you met him.

He picked all the top killers in society and did everything in his power to ensure you would get one of them. He overworked your heart and lungs. He clogged up the arteries to your heart, brain, and every other part of your body. In case you were too strong to succumb to this, he constantly exposed you to cancer causing agents. He knew he would get you sooner or later.

Well, this is the story of your "friend," your cigarette. No real friend would do all this to you. Cigarettes are the worst possible enemies you ever had. They are expensive, addictive, socially unacceptable, and deadly. Consider all this and - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!

Joel

© Joel Spitzer 1984

HH 😂
Lena martella ya jesus saves happyclappin one day at atime ,bet you got patsy cline albums in there too, last word freak

Last edited by a moderator:
My Cigarette, My Friend

How do you feel about a friend who has to go everywhere with you? Not only does he tag along all the time, but since he is so offensive and vulgar, you become unwelcome when with him. He has a peculiar odor that sticks to you wherever you go. Others think both of you stink.

He controls you totally. When he says jump, you jump. Sometimes in the middle of a blizzard or storm, he wants you to come to the store and pick him up. You would give your spouse hell if he or she did that to you all the time, but you can't argue with your friend.

Sometimes, when you are out at a movie or play he says he wants you to go stand in the lobby with him and miss important scenes. Since he calls all the shots in your life, you go.

Your friend doesn't like your choice of clothing either. Instead of politely telling you that you have lousy taste, he burns little holes in these items so you will want to throw them out. Sometimes, he tires of the furniture and gets rid of it too. Occasionally, he gets really nasty and decides the whole house must go.

He gets pretty expensive to support. Not only is his knack of property destruction costly, but you must pay to keep him with you. In fact, he will cost you thousands of dollars over your lifetime. And you can count on one thing, he will never pay you a penny in return.

Often at picnics you watch others playing vigorous activities and having lots of fun doing them. But your friend won't let you. He doesn't believe in physical activity. In his opinion, you are too old to have that kind of fun. So he kind of sits on your chest and makes it difficult for you to breathe. Now you don't want to go off and play with other people when you can't breathe, do you?

Your friend does not believe in being healthy. He is really repulsed by the thought of you living a long and productive life. So, every chance he gets he makes you sick. He helps you catch colds and flu. Not just by running out in the middle of the lousy weather to pick him up at the store. He is more creative than that.

He carries thousands of poisons with him which he constantly blows in your face. When you inhale some of them, they wipe out cilia in your lungs which would have helped you prevent these diseases.

But colds and flu are just his form of child's play. He especially likes diseases that slowly cripple you - like emphysema. He considers this disease great. Once he gets you to have this, you will give up all your other friends, family, career goals, activities - everything. You will just sit home and caress him, telling him what a great friend he is while you desperately gasp for air.

But eventually your friend tires of you. He decides he no longer wishes to have your company. Instead of letting you go your separate ways, he decides to kill you. He has a wonderful arsenal of weapons behind him. In fact, he has been plotting your death since the day you met him.

He picked all the top killers in society and did everything in his power to ensure you would get one of them. He overworked your heart and lungs. He clogged up the arteries to your heart, brain, and every other part of your body. In case you were too strong to succumb to this, he constantly exposed you to cancer causing agents. He knew he would get you sooner or later.

Well, this is the story of your "friend," your cigarette. No real friend would do all this to you. Cigarettes are the worst possible enemies you ever had. They are expensive, addictive, socially unacceptable, and deadly. Consider all this and - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!

Joel

© Joel Spitzer 1984

Oh i’m finding out the hard way the very truth of what you pasted.

Incentive to try is strong for sure and hopefully kick it right in the gonads.

Thanx Boab

I stopped smoking today and although day one is almost complete i can’t stop thinking about a cigarette.

I am using the patches so am expecting nightmares tonight, a well known side effect.

Has anyone else stopped and remained stopped?

If so; do you have any tips to stop thinking about cigarettes coz this has not been easy today.

Any help gratefully received.
Get yourself a jar put the money you would have spent in the jar,replace thinking about cigs and think about money in jar,if you think about haveing a smoke put it off and tell yourself maybe have 1in an hour and keep moving it forward. Best of luck

Get yourself a jar put the money you would have spent in the jar,replace thinking about cigs and think about money in jar,if you think about haveing a smoke put it off and tell yourself maybe have 1in an hour and keep moving it forward. Best of luck

Thanks digger, yeah i am playing for time just now. Hour by hour eek 🙈

Just hangin in ✊💚

Members online

No members online now.

Back