Hedgehog

Hi Hoopy….The Canon 5D and 6D are good cameras. I use the Canon 1DX Mk2, which is perfect for wildlife stuff. And yes, a big lens, but still need to get close to the subjects, so a good sense of fieldcraft is needed. Here is one of the images I won a competition with. I liked this one, especially the expression on the Red Kites face...'get tae fuck craw' ;) It also shows how big these Kites are compared to the Crow. View attachment 4905
That would have been hard to shoot was it? watched this in action while hill walking they move at some speed

Took up photography a year ago have a Canon 1100d just took it up for a bit of a hobby

That would have been hard to shoot was it? watched this in action while hill walking they move at some speed

Took up photography a year ago have a Canon 1100d just took it up for a bit of a hobby

Hi Kelly....Birds in flight are probably the most difficult...Any wildlife image is difficult, as it's them that choose the pose, background etc....The 1100D was my first DSLR :) Keep at it mate, and if you need any help or tips, give me a shout, and I'll help.

I've met the Cairngorm Reindeer mate, might have been him, he was a bit horny! 😹
But all the time I've spent round Aberfoyle, Perthshire and the Highlands I can't remember the last time I seen a red squirrel, I'd love to see one.
Go up to Aviemore - you can up to the hills to feed the wild reindeer and then go to a wee cafe a couple of miles down the road where there are lots of red squirrels that come up close to eat nuts from the feeders.

Hi Kelly....Birds in flight are probably the most difficult...Any wildlife image is difficult, as it's them that choose the pose, background etc....The 1100D was my first DSLR :) Keep at it mate, and if you need any help or tips, give me a shout, and I'll help.
Thanks will do ,have done a few wildlife (mostly deer} and landscape shots just to get used to camera and lens's ,have the knack of finding deer in great locations but i have the footsteps of an elephant and they all head off before i get the shot off

Members online

Latest posts

Back