Help needed at statue for Cesar campaign

Bellshill bhoy

CCE80268-0E45-4648-8231-6A3DA2DCF512.jpeg
Hi guys, I know times are tough for everyone at the moment, but if you got a few extra quid/dollars/euros/shekels

The Billy McNeill Commemoration Committee in Bellshill this week announced they are only £7500 off the £70,000 needed to erect a statue in memory of the Celtic legend.
With the #StatueForCesar campaign reaching its climax, the Official Celtic Opus will be raffled at a cost of £10 per ticket in the hope of reaching their target in the coming weeks. It was donated to the campaign by Celtic FC archivist Frank Hannaway of the Celtic Graves Society,
Signed by all surviving members of the Lisbon Lions, the giant volume tells the inside story of Celtic FC from its foundation in 1888, via Jock Stein’s heroes of 1967, to the modern-day successes of Martin O’Neill and Gordon Strachan.
Frank Devine of the Billy McNeill Commemoration Committee said: “This is no ordinary tome. Four years in the making, weighing 40kg, it is half-a-metre square and costs an eye-watering £1967. It is a monumental publication taking the viewer on a journey way beyond the scope of previous history books on the club.”
And the winner of the definitive history of the club will be announced following a live draw on Facebook on July 14.
Frank added: “The committee hope that as many people as possible purchase tickets for this unique work of art. By doing so, we ensure ownership of the McNeil statue in Bellshill is spread as far as is possible among the Celtic family, and by purchasing a ticket for the Official Celtic Opus fans will be playing their part in building a lasting memorial to the legendary Billy McNeill.”

Donations and tickets for the raffle can be made/bought here;

Thanks to all, let’s get this done....

Done BB.
Brilliant cause. A statue in Cesar's hometown (and mine) is long overdue. Looks like it's going well. Keep us updated as to the progress. Might even head home for the unveiling. 🍀 🍀
Thanks Niall, hope to see you at the unveiling, the statue is to be sited at bellshill cross in the wee garden near where the xmas tree sits every year, great location, referee John Beaton will be able to see it every time he comes out the crown bar🤣🤣

If anyone has a spare few quid, please help cheatin Beaton feel sick every time he comes oot the pub👍

Last edited:
Hopefully this will help a bit BB. Keep me posted as and when the unveiling happens and I'll get back up the road for it (y)🍀
Done! Hail Cesar ☘ 🍺🥳

Excellent article from our very own noise member Niall 👏👏
Very close to the target now, saints and sinners pub owner has donated 1k, 👏👏and a sponsored bike ride from the bellshill Brigada CSC has raised £2.5k👏👏 hopefully Niall’s article, will help with the last few grand to get the project over the line, thanks Bhoys and ghirls 💚

c'mon troops it's a worthy cause , just think all the wee free's will have to walk past it , all the knuckledraggers will have to march past it , and if i'm right bellziehills main st is one way so they will have to march towards it

whats not to like (y)

c'mon troops it's a worthy cause , just think all the wee free's will have to walk past it , all the knuckledraggers will have to march past it , and if i'm right bellziehills main st is one way so they will have to march towards it

whats not to like (y)

Already done kelly,cannae wait tae see the faces of the john beaton loyal! 🍺 🥳

Members online

Latest posts

Back