Herald back page - Decision on Lennon's future

He didn't become a bad manager overnight, he was never good enough for the gig 2nd time. Say what you like about why he " walked" 1st time. My own opinion is he didn't have the belief in himself when he was asked to downsize the squad and funds. Said previously that i feel any manager would have managed us over the line when BR left. He was quoted as saying himself he didn't try to change much radically when he took over. Look at his idea of management now.
That's spot on Steviebhoy. He is not a modern-day manager. He has no clue about diet, sport science or how to change tactics or formations during a game. He was a good emergency fill-in when Rogers left but he should never have got the gig permanently. He has no answer for the huns as we will see if he is still here at the end of Dec, and that will be the end of the 10

You know the fact Lawell and this Celtic board chose to back Lenny (rightly or wrongly) is one thing but to do so by leaking it to the press late on a Monday night with no name attached to quote directly is the type of weasel behaviour I've come to expect from the slippery chancers who run our club!

If they truly still have faith in the man, if they truly have confidence in the decision they've made then at least have the balls to show your face in public and be seen saying it instead of hiding behind late night press releases. I'm sure the manager would appreciate such a public vote of confidence from his bosses.

The fact that not one of them have smacks of one thing to me, that their faith in Lenny isn't as strong as they claim it is and none of them want to be seen publicly backing him in case it blows back on them personally.

Say what you like about Lenny but at least he has the balls to put himself out there in public and be held accountable which is more than can be said for our majority shareholder, CEO and board members who choose to cover their own arses and engage in self-preservation by hiding out of sight when the going gets tough!
Strange Shadow2 you should say this just now in the week we see Eddy Howe put in at 5/6 fav to take over from Lenny and Marco Silva close on his heels at 5/2,then we have Martin O,Neil appearing on a podcast on Friday night on all things relating to Celtic..
I never at anytime wanted Lenny put back in charge at Parkhead after walking away in 2014 with the comment ...I believe I have taken Celtic as far as I can..knowing the Bolton job was in the bag..but that aside,,this is not a game on Thursday night Lenny should be judged on,europe once again is long gone for us,we have a very tough domestic season ahead of us this this is where Lenny should be judged and the penalty for failure will be very obvious.
I went to Celtic Park through the horrendous reign of the Kelly,s I genuinely thought when we got them out we would never see their likes again,how wrong was I,,if ever there was to be an anti Christ present this basket Lawwell fits the description to a tee.
He has kept his mouth shut because he does not want to be seen as the Lenny slayer,he either backs Lenny till the end of the season or he sacks him and every Celtic supporter should be told of Lenny,s outcome long before it hits the papers
The time has come for Desmond to show he is interested in this club and not just the accolades he gets when we win trophy,s,as I said Either back the poor bugger or sack him,this is mental torture for the wee man and his family..

HH.

HH.

Strange Shadow2 you should say this just now in the week we see Eddy Howe put in at 5/6 fav to take over from Lenny and Marco Silva close on his heels at 5/2,then we have Martin O,Neil appearing on a podcast on Friday night on all things relating to Celtic..
I never at anytime wanted Lenny put back in charge at Parkhead after walking away in 2014 with the comment ...I believe I have taken Celtic as far as I can..knowing the Bolton job was in the bag..but that aside,,this is not a game on Thursday night Lenny should be judged on,europe once again is long gone for us,we have a very tough domestic season ahead of us this this is where Lenny should be judged and the penalty for failure will be very obvious.
I went to Celtic Park through the horrendous reign of the Kelly,s I genuinely thought when we got them out we would never see their likes again,how wrong was I,,if ever there was to be an anti Christ present this basket Lawwell fits the description to a tee.
He has kept his mouth shut because he does not want to be seen as the Lenny slayer,he either backs Lenny till the end of the season or he sacks him and every Celtic supporter should be told of Lenny,s outcome long before it hits the papers
The time has come for Desmond to show he is interested in this club and not just the accolades he gets when we win trophy,s,as I said Either back the poor bugger or sack him,this is mental torture for the wee man and his family..

HH.

HH.

Everyone of them in that boardroom are slippery fuckers GS, they say they back the man but none of them have the balls to put their head above the parapet and say so publicly instead choosing to do it through a late night press release that none of them were willing to put their name to.

Covering their own arses so none of them can be quoted and called out down the line if the decision blows up in their face!

Back