Hibernian vs Celtic - All comments here

I'd love to ask Brendan why he not only persists in playing Sinclair but gave him a position today that he obviously isn't capable of fulfilling. Sinclair needs to go and I don't care what pittance we receive for him. As long as he's at Paradise the manager will keep picking him but I'm fkd if I know why.

BR's loyalty to Sinclair would be admirable Shamrock if it wasn't so misplaced.

Think BR see's himself as Sinclair's mentor and giving up on him would feel like a personal failure for BR but he's doing the guy NO favours by continuing to play him week in week out as with every passing game his ineffectiveness becomes more and more apparent.

It's time for Morgan to be given a run in the team, time to find out whether Sinclair can show the mettle to fight his way back into the starting 11 or whether he'll meekly surrender it and fade out altogether.

HH.

BR's loyalty to Sinclair would be admirable Shamrock if it wasn't so misplaced.

Think BR see's himself as Sinclair's mentor and giving up on him would feel like a personal failure for BR but he's doing the guy NO favours by continuing to play him week in week out as with every passing game his ineffectiveness becomes more and more apparent.

It's time for Morgan to be given a run in the team, time to find out whether Sinclair can show the mettle to fight his way back into the starting 11 or whether he'll meekly surrender it and fade out altogether.

HH.

Brendan isn't alone in doing that. If a manager has signed a player of his own choice then he always feels as if he has to have his name on the team sheet to prove he made a shrewd buy. Well this dud Sinclair will end up losing Brendan his job. I believe that if you keep a player long enough you always end up playing him even if he's a shit player so I would want him gone a.s.a.p.

Brendan isn't alone in doing that. If a manager has signed a player of his own choice then he always feels as if he has to have his name on the team sheet to prove he made a shrewd buy. Well this dud Sinclair will end up losing Brendan his job. I believe that if you keep a player long enough you always end up playing him even if he's a shit player so I would want him gone a.s.a.p.

I honestly don't think BR's loyalty to Sinclair is about proving he's made a shrewd buy I think it's more to do with hoping beyond reason that someone he has invested a lot of time in (remember he mentored him at Swansea) and put so much faith in (signed him twice) will somehow come good again.

Going by what I've seen since I don't think Sinclair will ever return to the form of his first season the problem is BR still holds out that hope and it looks an awful lot like BR has his blinkers on when it comes to Scott Sinclair. It's doing neither of them any good and if he won't sell him then he needs something that gets a reaction from him and that should be Morgan taking his jersey. The whole 'keep throwing him in till he swims' approach clearly isn't working so it's time he faced the pressure of having to fight his way back into the team. Does he have that fight in him? I doubt it!

HH Shamrock.

Awful, just awful!

Even before we took to the pitch mistakes had already been made, formation, tactics and team selection was shambolic from BR. Seriously why did he think changing the whole system and shifting key players out of position (most notably Forrest & McGregor) was in any way a good idea when it's exactly that system and those particular players in those particular positions that has seen us play our best football of the season.

Ok we have a few injuries in certain areas but whoever comes in should be slotting into those positions as that system has been delivering results, where is the sense in ripping up the entire playbook when the team is already at a disadvantage with injuries. BR's unnecessary tinkering made a difficult situation 10 times worse.

BTW the main cause for us reverting back to this infuriating endless back passing when Broony plays is not actually Broony's fault it's the fault of those around him. Go back and watch today's game for a perfect example of this. At one point Ajer was having a tussle with a Hibs player out wide, he eventually beat his man and came away with the ball, but instead of driving the play forward when he had tonnes of space he inexplicably turned back and played the ball to Broony.

Both Ajer and Simunovic, like many others seem to do when Broony plays, constantly took the easy/safe option of playing it back to Broony instead of taking some responsibility to move the ball forward themselves. Benkovic was the only one of the 3 CB's to have the balls to drive forward with the ball from the back without looking to Broony to do it for him. Far too many look to Broony to hold their hand instead of taking the initiative and stepping up themselves.

There's no getting away from how badly we played today but there are some in this team where this has become the norm. I have defended Scott Sinclair many times when people have been having a go at him but I can't defend him any longer, how he's still getting a game is beyond me. The term 'empty jersey' was coined for players like this.

Also big Eddie needs to sharpen up, the bhoy undoubtedly has talent but he looked downright fucking lazy today and his demeanour worries me a bit as he barely cracks a smile, not even when he scores. He's a young guy living and playing in a foreign land and that must be really difficult at times but the only way for him to overcome those difficulties is to focus on his game, the better he plays the better he'll feel and vice versa.

100% Andy. You are very good at getting your thoughts/analysis down and its always clear.

Magic for me pal. HH ☘️

Kevza

Just noticed a post you were tagged in pal.

Heartbreaking for your mrs. She will undoubtedly have great support in you as will your kids if you have them.

Its always sore but this time off year people look forward to christmas and the anticipation of a better new year.

All when others lives have stopped because of loss.

Thats hard too.

I will keep you in my prayers pal.

May God help you and your family through your grief at this difficult time.

More to life than football.

HH pal ☘️

I'd love to ask Brendan why he not only persists in playing Sinclair but gave him a position today that he obviously isn't capable of fulfilling. Sinclair needs to go and I don't care what pittance we receive for him. As long as he's at Paradise the manager will keep picking him but I'm fkd if I know why.

I think any team that takes him should punt after a year

I honestly don't think BR's loyalty to Sinclair is about proving he's made a shrewd buy I think it's more to do with hoping beyond reason that someone he has invested a lot of time in (remember he mentored him at Swansea) and put so much faith in (signed him twice) will somehow come good again.

Going by what I've seen since I don't think Sinclair will ever return to the form of his first season the problem is BR still holds out that hope and it looks an awful lot like BR has his blinkers on when it comes to Scott Sinclair. It's doing neither of them any good and if he won't sell him then he needs something that gets a reaction from him and that should be Morgan taking his jersey. The whole 'keep throwing him in till he swims' approach clearly isn't working so it's time he faced the pressure of having to fight his way back into the team. Does he have that fight in him? I doubt it!

HH Shamrock.
We heard plenty when BR took over about his use of NLP to get the best out of people but it certainly doesn't seem to be having the required effect just now - on Scott S or several of the others. Haste ye back Ryan Christie.

We heard plenty when BR took over about his use of NLP to get the best out of people but it certainly doesn't seem to be having the required effect just now - on Scott S or several of the others. Haste ye back Ryan Christie.

NLP? Not familiar with that term Neil so you'll have to spell that one out for me mate but I completely agree on Christie, the bhoy has been a revelation.

HH.

Members online

Back