Hibs v Celtic - Match Thread, all comments here

John or Neil...
Interesting analogy; John, an Irishman born in England stood up and protested against the occupation
Neil, a traitor born in Ireland legitimised British rule in Ireland and enabled the murder gangs which committed the 'genocide' John spoke of.

Interesting analogy; John, an Irishman born in England stood up and protested against the occupation
Neil, a traitor born in Ireland legitimised British rule in Ireland and enabled the murder gangs which committed the 'genocide' John spoke of.
A dinny get intae that stuff noo...been there. done the RA stuff...done everything I could since a was wee.....BTW am a proddy and got tortured at a proddy school...because I never gave in and kept supporting the team that came naturally....

What a thing this football lark is ?

The only thing that can make otherwise reasonable and responsible adults collectively lose their shit and perspective on life.

And would we ever have it any other way?

If I cared as much about ex-wives, then at least two of them wouldn't have been exes (but now I've confused myself because if the first of those two wouldn't have been an ex, then there couldn't or shouldn't have been a second ex in the first instance?)

If it's been said once on this site, it's been said a million times this season.

There is something wrong from root-to-branch with Celtic this season.

I don't know if the board have sanctioned signings without consulting the manager. The lack of action the new signings have had would suggest that Lenny doesn't rate them. He may have a point but we wouldn't know because we haven't fucking seen enough of them to form an opinion? We know that Lenny inherited a backroom staff, but how much involvement did he have in recruiting WGS II? There never appears to be a great deal of communication between Lenny, Kennedy and WGS II and Strachan seems to be socially socially distanced from the other two. Forget about two late goals today - there does look like there is a fitness and sharpness issue. It might not be quite as bad as the Tyrone triathlete's analysis might suggest, but neither is he missing by a mile either. The team look sluggish and lack intensity and energy. They about shake themselves out of their slumber when they go a goal down, but recently they've been having a long lie and waiting till they're two down before looking like they might give a shit. It's really very poor.

If there is not a divide in the coaching staff, then they're doing a damn good job of appearing anything but a united bench.

Then there's the team itself.

For any of his managerial/coaching/motivational shortcomings, even Lenny cannot be fully accountable for the ponderous play, basic errors, lack of drive and motivation. Even if Lenny is the worst manager in Christendom - that still doesn't explain how highly paid professional footballers can strike so many bum notes and chords.

Fucking Klopp or Guardiola wouldn't be able to legislate for Broonie's rush of blood to the head today, but that's only one in a series of calamities various members of the team have offered this season.

Celtic played with a defence today that didn't actually have a defender in it. Frimps and Laxalt are forward thinking wing backs at best. Bitton and Ajer are converted midfielders. Their positioning, reactions and responses are not those who have dedicated a lifetime to defending. They all ball watch and can't read basic threats. That's unfair to Laxalt who has been an absolute star since he arrived though.

The midfield is a mess. No cohesion. No link-up. You can drive a bus through them at times. Nothing remotely creative and most weeks, each one of them go looking for a safe space to hide in. Broonie can't play in high intensity big games. CalMac looks bereft of confidence and isn't playing with his head up. N'tcham - enough said. Rogic needs regular competitive games, but has been a bright spot. Turnbull, Soro and any other name you care to mention - well who the fuck knows? There's been more sightings of actual little green men from Mars than there has been of those little green men from Parkhead this season.

Elyounoussi - well he can't beat a man. He can't go on the outside. He can't play a killer pass and he doesn't fully commit to getting in the box when an opportunity is created from the other side. His goal return looks decent, but it's a convenient cloak to hide his other sins.

Christie is really doing my head in just now. He's another one who can't actually beat a man but shows great deftness of foot in actually beating himself. His delivery is woeful and Lenny requires a slap for believing that Corpus is ever going to deliver a decent set-piece. I don't know who told him that he's the St Mary's Messi, the Caledonian Christiano or the Gallowgate Gareth Bale, but he isn't the world beater he believes he is and he needs a boot up the arse and told a few home truths.

Eddy/Griff/Ajeti/Klimala any one of those is feeding on scraps in games. Eddy and Ajeti mainly play musical statues and have decided not to make any incisive runs and that it's better to play with their back to goal. Griff needs games and Klimala has more rough edges than my entire collection of ex-wives, but there's something to work on for the future there.

Harsh words and I haven't even mentioned the board yet, but I'm likely to go into anaphylactic shock with the amount of stinging they've done and the amount of nuts there too.

There's something amiss throughout the whole operation and no one at Celtic Park seems to know how to solve the problem.

They need to come up with solutions yesterday as we're getting really close to that point of no return. At this rate, the league could be a bogey by the end of the next game with that mob and that doesn't even bear contemplating.

Last edited:

The only thing that can make otherwise reasonable and responsible adults collectively lose their shit and perspective on life.

If I cared as much about ex-wives, then at least two of them wouldn't have been exes (but now I've confused myself because if the first of those two wouldn't have been an ex, then there couldn't or shouldn't have been a second ex in the first instance?)

If it's been said once on this site, it's been said a million times this season.

I don't know if the board have sanctioned signings without consulting the manager. The lack of action the new signings have had would suggest that Lenny doesn't rate them. He may have a point but we wouldn't know because we haven't fucking seen enough of them to form an opinion? We know that Lenny inherited a backroom staff, but how much involvement did he have in recruiting WGS II? There never appears to be a great deal of communication between Lenny, Kennedy and WGS II and Strachan seems to be socially socially distanced from the other two. Forget about two late goals today - there does look like there is a fitness and sharpness issue. It might not be quite as bad as the Tyrone triathlete's analysis might suggest, but neither is he missing by a mile either. The team look sluggish and lack intensity and energy. They about shake themselves out of their slumber when they go a goal down, but recently they've been having a long lie and waiting till they're two down before looking like they might give a shit. It's really very poor.

If there is not a divide in the coaching staff, then they're doing a damn good job of appearing anything but a united bench.

For any of his managerial/coaching/motivational shortcomings, even Lenny cannot be fully accountable for the ponderous play, basic errors, lack of drive and motivation. Even if Lenny is the worst manager in Christendom - that still doesn't explain how highly paid professional footballers can strike so many bum notes and chords.

Fucking Pep or Guardiola wouldn't be able to legislate for Broonie's rush of blood to the head today, but that's only one in a series of calamities various members of the team have offered this season.

Celtic played with a defence today that didn't actually have a defender in it. Frimps and Laxalt are forward thinking wing backs at best. Bitton and Ajer are converted midfielders. Their positioning, reactions and responses are not those who have dedicated a lifetime to defending. They all ball watch and can't read basic threats. That's unfair to Laxalt who has been an absolute star since he arrived though.

The midfield is a mess. No cohesion. No link-up. You can drive a bus through them at times. Nothing remotely creative and most weeks, each one of them go looking for a safe space to hide in. Broonie can't play in high intensity big games. CalMac looks bereft of confidence and isn't playing with his head up. N'tcham - enough said. Rogic needs regular competitive games, but has been a bright spot. Turnbull, Soro and any other name you care to mention - well who the fuck knows? There's been more sightings of actual little green men from Mars than there has been of those little green men from Parkhead this season.

Elyounoussi - well he can't beat a man. He can't go on the outside. He can't play a killer pass and he doesn't fully commit to getting in the box when an opportunity is created from the other side. His goal return looks decent, but it's a convenient cloak to hide his other sins.

Christie is really doing my head in just now. He's another one who can't actually beat a man but shows great deftness of foot in actually beating himself. His delivery is woeful and Lenny requires a slap for believing that Corpus is ever going to deliver a decent set-piece. I don't know who told him that he's the St Mary's Messi, the Caledonian Christiano or the Gallowgate Gareth Bale, but he isn't the world beater he believes he is and he needs a boot up the arse and told a few home truths.

Eddy/Griff/Ajeti/Klimala any one of those is feeding on scraps in games. Eddy and Ajeti mainly play musical statues and have decided not to make any incisive runs and that it's better to play with their back to goal. Griff needs games and Klimala has more rough edges than my entire collection of ex-wives, but there's something to work on for the future there.

Harsh words and I haven't even mentioned the board yet, but I'm likely to go into anaphylactic shock with the amount of stinging they've done and the amount of nuts there too.

There's something amiss throughout the whole operation and no one at Celtic Park seems to know how to solve the problem.

They need to come up with solutions yesterday as we're getting really close to that point of no return. At this rate, the league could be a bogey by the end of the next game with that mob and that doesn't even bear contemplating.
Get in there

No one could've foreseen just how good hed be and forest injured with johnstone as well or I dont think he would be played as much at his age it's a steep learning curve
I dont think he anywhere near productive enough yet

And defensively he is not the answer in a 10 in a row season to be first choice rb

we have too many players and not enough experienced Defenders.

So if you are gonna bin full backs for wb they need to be high quality crossers and wee man aint that either.

good at beating man but thats where his quality skills end.

we have about 8 ACMs and if im honest I think thats where frimpong would be best but again he has no awareness or passing skills if im brutally honest

A defender with no awareness, poor management

We have 2 CMs playing defence, poor management

we have a defensive left back expected to be a winger, just nonsense, and he was never known for his quality delivery

but to be attacking wb thats your main task cover defence but whip balls regularly into forwards

in a 442 Taylor would be solid left back

We have no solid right back and have never replaced Lustig who was not good enough but miles better than anything we have currently on right of defence

el hamed is miles more solid as our no 1 rb and has better crossing and awareness

but he really an attacking mid in past

too many players in squad and balance is shockingly awful

players dont seem to solve specific problems with the right skill set

just signing someone coz he is good player is useless if he cant fit your system

you sign a n nonsense cb you need play 4 at back to protect him

balance in squad is terrible given the resources we have

and general awareness overall is dire with poor passers past 20 yards but we play 30 yards apart

hubris is rife across team from board down

and its creating bipolar performances

he needs to go

im sad to say it

but Lenny no fit to pick the team based on his consistent turgid performances with much better players

id even bring back old davie hay if it was only option

Jeez man, for somebody that can be really witty, funny and perceptive - that's a pretty damning indictment of a man who's had more than his fair share during his time in Scotland and in Ireland.

I'm not a fan of Scottish society and governance, but I still took a shirt when it was offered and I wasn't representing the political arm of the country, I was representing my family, friends and football.

You don't have to like the man, but that's pretty fucking harsh mate. Perhaps he was poorly advised as a young fella. Perhaps he naively thought he could influence societal change. Perhaps he thought that international participation could propel his career. I don't know, but in fairness - neither do you.

Perhaps if taking a knee was an actual thing when he played, then he would have likely taken one at that dirge, but I'm sure the death threats he received would not have just been threats if he did.

I dont think he anywhere near productive enough yet

And defensively he is not the answer in a 10 in a row season to be first choice rb

we have too many players and not enough experienced Defenders.

So if you are gonna bin full backs for wb they need to be high quality crossers and wee man aint that either.

good at beating man but thats where his quality skills end.

we have about 8 ACMs and if im honest I think thats where frimpong would be best but again he has no awareness or passing skills if im brutally honest

A defender with no awareness, poor management

We have 2 CMs playing defence, poor management

we have a defensive left back expected to be a winger, just nonsense, and he was never known for his quality delivery

but to be attacking wb thats your main task cover defence but whip balls regularly into forwards

in a 442 Taylor would be solid left back

We have no solid right back and have never replaced Lustig who was not good enough but miles better than anything we have currently on right of defence

el hamed is miles more solid as our no 1 rb and has better crossing and awareness

but he really an attacking mid in past

too many players in squad and balance is shockingly awful

players dont seem to solve specific problems with the right skill set

just signing someone coz he is good player is useless if he cant fit your system

you sign a n nonsense cb you need play 4 at back to protect him

balance in squad is terrible given the resources we have

and general awareness overall is dire with poor passers past 20 yards but we play 30 yards apart

hubris is rife across team from board down

and its creating bipolar performances

he needs to go

im sad to say it

but Lenny no fit to pick the team based on his consistent turgid performances with much better players

id even bring back old davie hay if it was only option
I would love to get in a real face to face conversation with you TET...I reckon it wid be the podcast of the month....yer amazin man

Fucking Pep or Guardiola wouldn't be able to legislate for Broonie's rush of blood to the head today, but that's only one in a series of calamities various members of the team have offered this season.

Malaise! 🍺

Yeah, it's that difficult experimental fifth album after three triple platinums and just a few sales way from a fourth triple platinum.

Playing the tunes by numbers and just changing the arrangement a wee bit and adding some different lyrics.

To get with Lennono's vibe - The Beatles called it right when they split. The Stones couldn't create a tune worthy of note after the 60's and became a caricature of themselves.

Celtic have to bring in a brass section and start using some melodies and harmonies. They need a lead guitarist that wants to cockrock and they need a front man who's all about getting high on coke and goals

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back