Hibs v Celtic - Match Thread, all comments here

Insane is maybe a tad strong
I think we're along the same point, they are in control
they have their rules and they are sticking to them,
no matter the who or what

It didn't seem to me we were along the same point at all.

Your post was having a go at the Scottish governments handling of the covid crisis, which, given the fact they have absolutely no way of preventing the virus from entering the country is erroneous, to say the least. I might be prepared to take out an "s" from the original and say it's inane instead?

It didn't seem to me we were along the same point at all.

Your post was having a go at the Scottish governments handling of the covid crisis, which, given the fact they have absolutely no way of preventing the virus from entering the country is erroneous, to say the least. I might be prepared to take out an "s" from the original and say it's inane instead?
i was trying to let this slip on by but
i'm not having pop at scottish government, you'll not see any mention of scottish government
quoting numbers ain't a 'pop' its a fact
but to say that the only reason the numbers are so wildly different is simpy because of closed borders 'end of' is really one of several words you used
So the spread of the virus had absolutely nothing to do with the behaviour or decisions of individuals/government over a period of months, it was only down to open borders ?
no to put it politely

i'm not having pop at scottish government, you'll not see any mention of scottish government
but to say that the only reason the numbers are so wildly different is simpy because of closed borders 'end of' is really one of several words you used
So the spread of the virus had absolutely nothing to do with the behaviour or decisions of individuals/government over a period of months, it was only down to open borders ?
no to put it politely
For someone NOT having a pop at the Scottish govt you're doing a fantastic impression of a guy that is.

If you're NOT then why even mention it in the original post?

You posted Norway's figures and quite rightly pointed out they were doing a good job. Then, you choose to do a comparison that called Scotland's handling of the virus into question. No idea why you needed to do that if you weren't "having a go" at their covid record.

You didn't read my reply properly either. Nowhere did I say that not having control of your borders was the "only reason" the figures were higher than a country of similar size.

I'm saying that the fact we can't control the entry of the virus into the country means that any comparison on figures, no matter how they might be looked at, is insane AND inane.

With all due respect, Scotland has one border to monitor with regards movement. Norway has three. Scotland failed to take appropriate measures to protect that border and their own ministers compounded that problem.

This in and of itself might not be relevant if it wasn't for the fact that Sweden did not enforce a lockdown and were hit hard as a consequence. Norway's record is almost exemplary and is the prime model Scotland should be attempting to replicate. They controlled the Swedish and Russian borders - preventing any entry without the appropriate protocols

Are we really suggesting that the Scottish government has performed an outstanding role throughout this pandemic?

I guess it's all subjective, but their hypocrisy and lack of consistency is staggering. Perhaps they should stop undercutting England and start focusing on the problem as it currently affects Scotland.

Just a personal opinion.

For someone NOT having a pop at the Scottish govt you're doing a fantastic impression of a guy that is.

If you're NOT then why even mention it in the original post?

You posted Norway's figures and quite rightly pointed out they were doing a good job. Then, you choose to do a comparison that called Scotland's handling of the virus into question. No idea why you needed to do that if you weren't "having a go" at their covid record.

You didn't read my reply properly either. Nowhere did I say that not having control of your borders was the "only reason" the figures were higher than a country of similar size.

I'm saying that the fact we can't control the entry of the virus into the country means that any comparison on figures, no matter how they might be looked at, is insane AND inane.

I didn't have a go and wasn't making a go
I was thinking of another country with a 5 million population and came up with my own country
If i used Holland as an example would I have been having a pop at their government ?

The second part could be down to your intention and my interpretation, I'll admit

But anyhow, i've just had a King Rib supper and it was delicious so I'm just going to sit down and watch The Crown, I hear they're all fucking miserable in it, so there's some joy in it for me

I'm happy to agree to disagree

I didn't have a go and wasn't making a go
I was thinking of another country with a 5 million population and came up with my own country
If i used Holland as an example would I have been having a pop at their government ?

The second part could be down to your intention and my interpretation, I'll admit

But anyhow, i've just had a King Rib supper and it was delicious so I'm just going to sit down and watch The Crown, I hear they're all fucking miserable in it, so there's some joy in it for me

I'm happy to agree to disagree
no to put it politely
Politeness, it's a Greenock trait
HH

With all due respect, Scotland has one border to monitor with regards movement. Norway has three. Scotland failed to take appropriate measures to protect that border and their own ministers compounded that problem.

This in and of itself might not be relevant if it wasn't for the fact that Sweden did not enforce a lockdown and were hit hard as a consequence. Norway's record is almost exemplary and is the prime model Scotland should be attempting to replicate. They controlled the Swedish and Russian borders - preventing any entry without the appropriate protocols

Are we really suggesting that the Scottish government has performed an outstanding role throughout this pandemic?

I guess it's all subjective, but their hypocrisy and lack of consistency is staggering. Perhaps they should stop undercutting England and start focusing on the problem as it currently affects Scotland.

Just a personal opinion.
I'll leave that one alone thanks,
Politeness, it's a Greenock trait
HH
When you grow up with very little, its the things that cost the least you focus on
Honest

Back