Hibs v Celtic - Match Thread, all comments here

Found out perhaps with the personell at his disposal. I do get your point, however O'Neil knows what players can defend and keep a shape. He also knows how to get the best out of attacking options. If we keep shipping goals we're screwed. The basics is Lennons downfall.
I think O'Neills biggest strength was his teams had a style and an identity. Real basic stuff but you knew when they went on a park they were up for it and they tried to outplay teams. When that didn't work they went direct. So he had the basics. It didn't take a genius to work outhow we were going to play but more importantly the players knew what they were doing. And having a plan B with the players to play it.
At Celtic he got backed and already had Larsson/Petrov/Lambert/Lubo but he bought in the main quite well when given money.

I agree with much of what you say but I can't agree with acceding to these peepul.
Never.

We can still win the ten, and as for things that go in cycles....tell that to Real Madrid, Juventus and other teams that strive to go on and on and don't stop for anyone, because they are the best in their leagues.

Sevco are winging it, with thought, effort and a few better players its still doable.

In 2011 Celtic were 15 points behind Rangers on December 28th, but with us winning on that day with a Ledley goal at CP won us the title by 17 points...a 32 point turnaround in 5 months.
...winning 9 games in a row on route.

We are the richest team, with the biggest crowd in the land and have the most resources at our disposal, and should not lose this league to anyone especially to them.
Celtic have the answer and its money, for me they must spend and its ours.

Sevco are not playing particularly well, just being helped along by refs who would prefer their favourite team.
As Stein said we have to play so well that even the referee can't affect our play.

If we do everything possible that we can we will beat them and on to our tenth.
Otherwise whats the point if this is as far as we will try to go.
I don't think Celtic see losing the league as the better option to them winning it by spending more money than us

That takes even more money, or maybe I just love Celtic so much I will never give in until it is gone.

The ten is our grail, its what we have gone this far for, and I would spend to make sure we do it.

Its an opinion, nothing more.

Noli Illegitimi carborundum
Aye but they had the gardener in charge which was a handicap

I think O'Neills biggest strength was his teams had a style and an identity. Real basic stuff but you knew when they went on a park they were up for it and they tried to outplay teams. When that didn't work they went direct. So he had the basics. It didn't take a genius to work outhow we were going to play but more importantly the players knew what they were doing. And having a plan B with the players to play it.
At Celtic he got backed and already had Larsson/Petrol/Lambert/Lubo but he bought in the main quite well when given money.
he bought players to perform his requirements

doesn't fit our current players strengths imo

And he left in a bad blood imo

not my choice if I had 1

good manager if you can afford top top players though

It was maybe a slight hopeful wish and who knows what Celtic will do in the window to arrest this crap, its obvious we need an injection of better players, no-one disagrees with that.
I still don't think its too late but as I said YOU have no clue nor fuck all to contribute...
I understand the kneejerk reaction jc but it is not the solution.
These same players won the league in a canter last season, and yet we have added reinforcements or so we all thought and find ourselves trailing badly now.
We now need results of at least 2 wins and a draw against the scum to get back into the place where we should be.
That's taking we can still get winning results against bang average teams
I don't believe we need spend any money on players, only replace ones who don't and won't give there all for the cause.
This is lennys team and yet are not preforming to any where near what they are capable of.

I see Charles atlas is back. Fuckin obsessed with lennons physique and you supposedly from Tyrone. The land of the wee fat baldy midgets.
I have nothing against wee fat baldy midgets, but people in glass houses and all that.
Oh yeah and I almost forgot, fuck off dickhead!
That Tyrone Power must have got a knock back fae Lenny. Scorned!

Only here when things ain't good but disappears when we get a result. Some fkn supporter him.

he bought players to perform his requirements

doesn't fit our current players strengths imo

And he left in a bad blood imo

not my choice if I had 1

good manager if you can afford top top players though
Thats right TET, had a style and made sure he had the players to do it and the system was straight forward then
Seems this year we've bought players to play 3-5-2 and then stopped playing 3-5-2
I don't think he's the man, career went downhill after us

Nough said 🙁
He is not giving info to the wolves, he might be struggling, but he is not foolish enough to pander to the media, lets be honest he has been thrown under the bus a few times his self this season, the board we know have kept our players we thought were leaving but theres a few in there that have to let it be known wheteher they are ready to play. You would be kicking the fucking door down for a game.

He is not giving info to the wolves, he might be struggling, but he is not foolish enough to pander to the media, lets be honest he has been thrown under the bus a few times his self this season, the board we know have kept our players we thought were leaving but theres a few in there that have to let it be known wheteher they are ready to play. You would be kicking the fucking door down for a game.
I think your spot on there m8, the players we went out of our way to keep, perhaps we should have let some go and freshened the place up more than we did
He will be the fall guy and they will be every bit as responsible as him

Members online

Latest posts

Back