Hibs v Celtic - Match Thread, all comments here

One of the abiding memories of the early part of that game (when we were down 3-0) was a downcast Lenny sitting alone on a ball with his arms folded at the side of the pitch. I thought he look defeated and ready to lose his job. Of course we turned things around and Lenny led us to glory from then on but I am never too sure how much credit NFL actually deserves for turning things round in that particular game.
was it mulgrew who scored that day to level up ?

We're all arm-chair managers BB and think we know
We have the finance, bigger wages, and on paper better players
In theory we should win another treble
But unfortunately your reliant on human beings and when they're in the mix things don't always go to plan. we all do things different and think different,
we should have signed some AI robots instead in the summer
I am as guilty of thst as anyone. Us armchair managers never have to worry about getting things wrong as no-one remembers when we moan about starting Elyounoussi and he then goes on to score a hatrick. And if the real manager makes a mistake then our alternative would definitely have worked.

But IMO Lenny is making the same mistakes too often and failing to learn from them. And although sevco are racking up ridiculous amounts of debts, they are also finding players who are performing better on the pitch than many if ours who cost a lot lot more! Often because ours aren't actually getting on the bloody pitch!

One of the abiding memories of the early part of that game (when we were down 3-0) was a downcast Lenny sitting alone on a ball with his arms folded at the side of the pitch. I thought he look defeated and ready to lose his job. Of course we turned things around and Lenny led us to glory from then on but I am never too sure how much credit NFL actually deserves for turning things round in that particular game.
Stokesie turned the game around

I am as guilty of thst as anyone. Us armchair managers never have to worry about getting things wrong as no-one remembers when we moan about starting Elyounoussi and he then goes on to score a hatrick. And if the real manager makes a mistake then our alternative would definitely have worked.

But IMO Lenny is making the same mistakes too often and failing to learn from them. And although sevco are racking up ridiculous amounts of debts, they are also finding players who are performing better on the pitch than many if ours who cost a lot lot more! Often because ours aren't actually getting on the bloody pitch!
that's the beauty of the game
christ, i can remember arguing with people questioning the snakes selection of callum mcgregor in a cup final where he went on to run riot, score a belter and cement his place for the first time.
i would say, this guys getting paid 50k a week to do his job and we're questioning his team
but again that's the nature of the game
i agree, it aint working and the answers dont appear to be within reach of the current set up

Realistically speaking the current Celtic league campaign should be something equivalent to an American invasion of Belgium. Isolated pockets of resistance made irrelevant by overwhelming superiority of resources.
Did Celtic just become incompetent at every level from boot room to board room? How else can you explain the most efficient football machine in the league going to shit while still fully fuelled and maintained?
For me it's sabotage, no other explanation. Huns on the board.

Where we in any danger till Brown fucked up.
Sorry boab I seen enough signs in the 1st half that our set up was all wrong yet again.
We are ment to be playing a 4 at the back, which on far to many occasions with our full back's pushed to far up left space in behind to pull our CB out of position, especially when we can give the ball away as cheaply as we do at times.
How many times did we see calmac behind lax? We now have frimps not knowing weather to defend or attack.
We also have 2 so called wide men in moi and corpus who seem more interested in personal glory than doing the necessary work for a team.
Our best 2 front men left on the bench yet again and only came into the action when chasing a game.
Broony indiscipline as a captain was unexcuseable.
To me we didn't ask hibbes to many questions instead let there confidence grow into the game and lucky for us there panic cost them the 3 points.
I can't see how international players who go away and play in organised team set ups and come back to this level of disorganisation can feel happy or confident playing in such a shite system of tactical play

The one and only way we are going to get the 10 now is that we will have to buy big in Jan...2 or 3 good players should do it, but fuck knows whos going to move to us in Jan....I think the huns will sell moreorless and prob get 12~15 for him....but they wont spend on players.....as they thought Moreorless was going earlier ...thats why slippy got the go ahead to buy 2 strikers.....If we don't change it...in Jan, whether with a new manager or not....and if the huns don't crash again....we will have fucked it...and they will get CL cash etc, more investors.......WE NEED IT SORTED....cause they way they are playin...no way we catching them with this team before Jan....

Positives......Lennon changed it last year at the back end and we were on fire....
I think Lawell will spend big to stop the huns....

Its the only answer now......lets not kid oorsells...they bastards are winnin at a canter recently.

.....ffs Swally trying to get Willshere tae sign up.....shown aw over the press....what the fucks that aw aboot....they are back btw....slippy has a few points to prove, and its workin fur him...

Am depressed tae fuck man wi Celtic this season...a dinny ken the answers....Lennon disny ken the answers.....WE NEED CHANGE....Whoever gets CL cash next season is going to top Scottish Fitbaw...if we remain like we are.....we are going to be struggling...

I'll quote Lennon noo..and hope he's correct........'Everything will be OK in the end.....if it's not OK it's not the End............ I hope he was meaning the End of the Season :)

Sorry boab I seen enough signs in the 1st half that our set up was all wrong yet again.
We are ment to be playing a 4 at the back, which on far to many occasions with our full back's pushed to far up left space in behind to pull our CB out of position, especially when we can give the ball away as cheaply as we do at times.
How many times did we see calmac behind lax? We now have frimps not knowing weather to defend or attack.
We also have 2 so called wide men in moi and corpus who seem more interested in personal glory than doing the necessary work for a team.
Our best 2 front men left on the bench yet again and only came into the action when chasing a game.
Broony indiscipline as a captain was unexcuseable.
To me we didn't ask hibbes to many questions instead let there confidence grow into the game and lucky for us there panic cost them the 3 points.
I can't see how international players who go away and play in organised team set ups and come back to this level of disorganisation can feel happy or confident playing in such a shite system of tactical play
john, you make good points, and again, we're all finding faults and putting it down to manager which is admittedly a part of it
but, christie, same player in a scotland jersey as in a celtic jersey, gets lots of ball, frustrates the fuck out of you and now and again gets it right, not seen him greeting in a celtic jersey
mcgregor, same, great game v serbia, decent but ineffective the other two games
another manager in clarke that doesnt play griff
so while were not saying clarke is the greatest thing since sliced bread, he gets a pass because he qualified but he lost 2 games and made tons of questionable decisions. He gets an easy ride cos we won that game and Scotland fans ain't of an attitude every game is a must win

The one and only way we are going to get the 10 now is that we will have to buy big in Jan...2 or 3 good players should do it, but fuck knows whos going to move to us in Jan....I think the huns will sell moreorless and prob get 12~15 for him....but they wont spend on players.....as they thought Moreorless was going earlier ...thats why slippy got the go ahead to buy 2 strikers.....If we don't change it...in Jan, whether with a new manager or not....and if the huns don't crash again....we will have fucked it...and they will get CL cash etc, more investors.......WE NEED IT SORTED....cause they way they are playin...no way we catching them with this team before Jan....

Positives......Lennon changed it last year at the back end and we were on fire....

Its the only answer now......lets not kid oorsells...they bastards are winnin at a canter recently.

.....ffs Swally trying to get Willshere tae sign up.....shown aw over the press....what the fucks that aw aboot....they are back btw....slippy has a few points to prove, and its workin fur him...

Am depressed tae fuck man wi Celtic this season...a dinny ken the answers....Lennon disny ken the answers.....WE NEED CHANGE....Whoever gets CL cash next season is going to top Scottish Fitbaw...if we remain like we are.....we are going to be struggling...

I'll quote Lennon noo..and hope he's correct........'Everything will be OK in the end.....if it's not OK it's not the End............ I hope he was meaning the End of the Season :)
the problem with buying big is, whats the gap if lenny stays come january and even buying big, do we trust the current management team to a) buy right players b) get best out of them
we need to stay at worst this amount of points aff top, although they will have a stutter, then we HAVE to beat them at Ibrokes

john, you make good points, and again, we're all finding faults and putting it down to manager which is admittedly a part of it
but, christie, same player in a scotland jersey as in a celtic jersey, gets lots of ball, frustrates the fuck out of you and now and again gets it right, not seen him greeting in a celtic jersey
mcgregor, same, great game v serbia, decent but ineffective the other two games
another manager in clarke that doesnt play griff
so while were not saying clarke is the greatest thing since sliced bread, he gets a pass because he qualified but he lost 2 games and made tons of questionable decisions. He gets an easy ride cos we won that game and Scotland fans ain't of an attitude every game is a must win
Got nothing to do with Steve Clark in particular but will admit he uses our players in a better way than lenny is doing at present.
Duffy and Bitton are better examples of looking more solid for there country than they do for us, and both of there countries are fairly shite on the international scene

Got nothing to do with Steve Clark in particular but will admit he uses our players in a better way than lenny is doing at present.
Duffy and Bitton are better examples of looking more solid for there country than they do for us, and both of there countries are fairly shite on the international scene
i'm only making the point they don't do better or worse for us than with scotland, the manager ain't making them worse, they're playing to form for both
duffy is having a 'mare at moment wherever he plays, he wouldn't be in my pub pool team at moment, bitton is midfielder playig defence cos of injurys and duffy being shite

Sorry Lennono can't buy into this idea of new players in Jan under the current management team.
Just look at our summer signings, can't even get a game. Fuck knows why we even bought Turnbull if he is deemed worse than what we are seeing

Sorry Lennono can't buy into this idea of new players in Jan under the current management team.
Just look at our summer signings, can't even get a game. Fuck knows why we even bought Turnbull if he is deemed worse than what we are seeing
i'd question who bought turnbull, sorro, klimala
why he doesnt give the boy a shot ahead of some under-performers i don't know
perhaps he didnt sanction it and doesnt think he's up to it
we have a history of thinking players are better than they are, turnbull before rogic/christie/mcgregor ?

I agree with much of what you say but I can't agree with acceding to these peepul.
Never.

We can still win the ten, and as for things that go in cycles....tell that to Real Madrid, Juventus and other teams that strive to go on and on and don't stop for anyone, because they are the best in their leagues.

Sevco are winging it, with thought, effort and a few better players its still doable.

In 2011 Celtic were 15 points behind Rangers on December 28th, but with us winning on that day with a Ledley goal at CP won us the title by 17 points...a 32 point turnaround in 5 months.
...winning 9 games in a row on route.

We are the richest team, with the biggest crowd in the land and have the most resources at our disposal, and should not lose this league to anyone especially to them.
Celtic have the answer and its money, for me they must spend and its ours.

Sevco are not playing particularly well, just being helped along by refs who would prefer their favourite team.
As Stein said we have to play so well that even the referee can't affect our play.

If we do everything possible that we can we will beat them and on to our tenth.
Otherwise whats the point if this is as far as we will try to go.
I don't think Celtic see losing the league as the better option to them winning it by spending more money than us

That takes even more money, or maybe I just love Celtic so much I will never give in until it is gone.

The ten is our grail, its what we have gone this far for, and I would spend to make sure we do it.

Its an opinion, nothing more.

Noli Illegitimi carborundum
We can't win everything ALL the time though this spitting the dummy cause the tens in danger I think we have bigger problems than not winning this league that's all wen I say about what we've won I think sometimes us as passionate fans as we are forget just how unprecedented our success is almost 4 trebles in a row all I know is we need to reset in summer with clear heads and a proper action plan going forward so if we do lose this league we're committed to making sure we win the next one fingers crossed we dont need to worry bout that though rite enough H.H

Back