Hibs V Celtic

26+6=1

Much as I like Sean Moloney, even if he spells his name wrong, I want to see no quarter given on Sunday. Hopefully all memories of the Mickey Mouse competition shall be blown away as we get back to what's important. The team seems to have lost a wee bit of focus in recent weeks so now would be a perfect time to get locked back in and see out the campaign in style.

Start our strongest 11 and attack from the 'off'
No excuses, we have the squad to get this done and anything less, will be unacceptable
They no longer have Martin Boyle, who always played well against us, so I expect a comfortable win on Sunday
COYBIG
A comfortable win dill?
Far more confident than myself then, and as I'm still sulking over last night still, will give it until tomorrow to put the focus on the game 😅

A comfortable win dill?
Far more confident than myself then, and as I'm still sulking over last night still, will give it until tomorrow to put the focus on the game 😅
I foolishly lost £150 over the course of the two games whose mention shall not sully the sanctity of this thread. I also feel for the noble few who paid the money and braved the elements in support. One commentator described Thursday as a throwback to Lennoism and to an extent I agree because over the 2 games I don't think we were setup or motivated to win. I think an executive decision was taken to treat that competition with the respect it deserves and concentrate on the league rather than expose the team to unnecessary risk of injury.
I'm, starting to believe the board might actually want to win the league this year but should we suffer some inexplicable loss of form in the league I will look at the board as an explanation. I don't doubt for one second that the illusion of competition is intrinsic to their business model and that's why last season was criminally-sabotaged in such a blatantly ginger manner.
Perhaps what they have learned is there will always be a 'rangers'. The current manifestation will go tits up without CL qualification but like other monsters found in video games they will simply re-spawn and the continuation myth will persist. Hopefully they've figured out it's no longer necessary to throw them life lines.
Anyway, rant over. Onwards to victory GGGC!

A comfortable win dill?
With age comes wisdom, 😁 and the ability to stay calm when others around you...well...you know the rest
No point in me replaying Thursday's game in my head, it's gone and in the past
We didn't have our strongest 11 starting, and some didn't see any action
So, a comfortable win is my prediction, in spite of who the MIB's are, and what they attempt to do against us
If I'm wrong, I will probably do something incredibly impulsive, such as crush a rose ;-)
On to Sunday and another 3 points
HH

With age comes wisdom, 😁 and the ability to stay calm when others around you...well...you know the rest
So, a comfortable win is my prediction, in spite of who the MIB's are, and what they attempt to do against us
If I'm wrong, I will probably do something incredibly impulsive, such as crush a rose ;-)
HH
Always been a very bad loser in regards to football and possibly will always remain so now dill😔
Yet the best cure has always been to dust yourself down and go again.
The manner we went about the game on Thursday was disgusting for the 1st half imo regardless of the team sent out.
I can't and hope never to see a celtic team to approach a game in such a way ever again, as it done nothing but bought back the memories of last season for myself anyway.
But still have plenty of faith and confidence within this group of players for us not to see the likes of that for the rest of the season still.
Thinking now, could guchi be ready now to possibly step into the calmac role and allowing calmac and hatate to maybe give us a more settled midfield as such with rogic and O'Reilly as options available when the game opens up more so later on in the match.
Just only a thought atm.

Always been a very bad loser in regards to football and possibly will always remain so now dill😔
Yet the best cure has always been to dust yourself down and go again.
The manner we went about the game on Thursday was disgusting for the 1st half imo regardless of the team sent out.
I can't and hope never to see a celtic team to approach a game in such a way ever again, as it done nothing but bought back the memories of last season for myself anyway.
But still have plenty of faith and confidence within this group of players for us not to see the likes of that for the rest of the season still.
Thinking now, could guchi be ready now to possibly step into the calmac role and allowing calmac and hatate to maybe give us a more settled midfield as such with rogic and O'Reilly as options available when the game opens up more so later on in the match.
Just only a thought atm.
Right you are John no
Always competitive until the last whistle, then it was Miller time
A few beers after the game always tasted good and with a victory all the sweeter
Gucci seemed to enjoy his minutes when he was brought on recently and it was only an injury by a thug that has sidelined him, think he got stamped on
Wee Hatate, and him and one (but not both) of Rogic, and O'Riley
Jota and Abada on from the start, and a settled back four of Josip, CCV, Starfelt or Julien, and Taylor
Big GG up front too as he will keep the Hibees defence on their toes
He's just got to pause a split second, before making his run, to keep onside
3 points and a decent game from all our Bhoys

YNWA

HH
Recently there has been much written about our failures in Europe. To be honest I still think that our recent record and the accompanying failures can be laid at the feet of our board and its lack of ambition. Ange doesn't seem to be the kind of manager who will tolerate this lack of ambition, whereas the rat fucked off to Leicester, I doubt that Ange will, he's bringing a style of play that we like, he will build a team with the ability to play that system and I believe he will get the best players who can execute his plans. If we don't get fucked by the mib, I believe we have a team capable of doing the treble, the scum are terrified, they've had a few good results in Europe but teams now won't underestimate them, they don't have a squad to play both league and European football and the pressure will soon be too much for them. One last point in the unlikely event that we don't win the league, we'll survive, if they don't they will go bust. Have faith HH.

Not sure Ange knows our strongest team now...he has too many options now to choose from...I'll pick it for him

Hart
Juranovic Carter Starfish Taylor
Rogic Callum Hatate
Jota Jackie Abada

Get the 3 points...4-1 Brown(2) Riordan, Mcginnlay
Think I better be getting a doctors appointment soon docco, if I'm agreed with you on the starting 11, something can't be right 😂

I foolishly lost £150 over the course of the two games whose mention shall not sully the sanctity of this thread. I also feel for the noble few who paid the money and braved the elements in support. One commentator described Thursday as a throwback to Lennoism and to an extent I agree because over the 2 games I don't think we were setup or motivated to win. I think an executive decision was taken to treat that competition with the respect it deserves and concentrate on the league rather than expose the team to unnecessary risk of injury.
I'm, starting to believe the board might actually want to win the league this year but should we suffer some inexplicable loss of form in the league I will look at the board as an explanation. I don't doubt for one second that the illusion of competition is intrinsic to their business model and that's why last season was criminally-sabotaged in such a blatantly ginger manner.
Perhaps what they have learned is there will always be a 'rangers'. The current manifestation will go tits up without CL qualification but like other monsters found in video games they will simply re-spawn and the continuation myth will persist. Hopefully they've figured out it's no longer necessary to throw them life lines.
Anyway, rant over. Onwards to victory GGGC!
I would hope that, if sevco follows Rangers into the liquidation records, everyone will be watching for any attempts to confer titles on Goat Glorifiers 3 and will be in a better place to see it off before anyone hasn't read it.

I would hope that, if sevco follows Rangers into the liquidation records, everyone will be watching for any attempts to confer titles on Goat Glorifiers 3 and will be in a better place to see it off before anyone hasn't read it.
The "old firm" brand is toxic the board needs to realise that we have a "brand" that is recognised and respected worldwide and our history of charity and support to the less fortunate is what makes the club loved all over the world. Sky are the only people who want to maintain the old firm brand as it is worth money to them. Our major shareholder only has an eye on his profit not what is best for the club. Does he really think that any of the top 40 clubs in England really want more competition?. What has been shown by the failed attempts at a European super league is that the true power in football is the fans, as without them football does not exist. HH

Every match since the Aberdeen match, I've been confident that the little slump that we're in will end. So I'll keep up that confidence and say that this match will be the one where we are back playing slick fast attacking football and win convincingly.
In saying that, we have still won all the important matches that we've had to win in our downturn in form. Going out of the 3rd tier European league will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. So I'm going either for a convincing, fast attacking 2-1 win to celtic or a shocking lennonesque display 4-0 win to Celtic.

Back