Hobbies!

Don't know where to start with this thread; ever since I was a kid in primary school I've been captivated by wildlife. I also enjoy photography and so try to combine the two. Got to say I'm nowhere near the class of Lennono, his shots are just superb. Keeping fit, ( even in my declining years I still work out ), reading,( mostly non-fiction ). My music collection. I could go on, but I would bore you to tears.
It would be good to see any of your photos if you'd like to share them Frank. I love seeing any wildlife photos, not just the amazing Lenono ones! 🐿🦔🦆🦉🐬

It would be good to see any of your photos if you'd like to share them Frank. I love seeing any wildlife photos, not just the amazing Lenono ones! 🐿🦔🦆🦉🐬
I'll maybe get round to posting them Hoopy. I was out at the weekend looking for some Wheatear as they pass through my patch in North Ayrshire on their way to their breeding grounds, alas there was nothing doing; did manage some shots of one of the local buzzards and a couple of hares though. I'm busy laying the ground before building a summer house. Once that's finished I'll have more time to enjoy the good company on The Noise.

That's doors starting to open up for me now.......Got a message earlier from the company that is going to be offering for sale my images.....asking if I could take tourists out at Gleneagles area in August, show them how to do wildlife photography..........offering me £200 an hour.........................Get in there :):):)

That's doors starting to open up for me now.......Got a message earlier from the company that is going to be offering for sale my images.....asking if I could take tourists out at Gleneagles area in August, show them how to do wildlife photography..........offering me £200 an hour.........................Get in there :):):)
Good on you mate, how's your Japanese language skills??.

Beers are on you when lockdown ends mate!

Thats great news, getting well paid to do something you love doing, can't ask for more than that.

All I need is someone to pay me £200 an hour for drinking Stella and I'll be jammin! 😹

I feel the need for a non football related thread,
to lift our mood, so any interesting hobbies out there? We know about Lenonno and his fantastic wildlife photos, Boab's love of the daily record (kidding Boab) and Kelly's enjoyment of sheep (stopped kidding now 😼) any other hobbies to share?
I do a bit of woodworking as some of you know but I also enjoy restoring old woodworking tools when the mood takes me. This is a 30's block plane that underwent shed surgery!

View attachment 13811View attachment 13812
Is drinking a hobby? or is that a pastime ? Maybe it could be classed as a sport?

well done your heads gonna be burstin :LOL:going bywhat you see of them on the boat the whole bus load are camera happy ,make sure you get your paracetomol and your expenses paid for:LOL:

Don't be showing them your too much of your skills ...don't want them sending in any good photos to the same company ..brilliant news though and exciting times for you what a breakthrough well done fella ..sounds like your gonna be busy and quids in 👍

Hobbies eh, well I suppose mine was Chess, I dont play anymore, but I was into it in a big way in the 80s/90s, I moved about the country a bit due to my work and joined one or two chess clubs along the way. Before the www took off in the way it has I played a lot of postal chess with people from all over the world, you played each player twice, one as black and one as white, put your move down on a piece of paper and posted it to your opponent, it took a while to complete games as you can imagine, I even got picked to play for Scotland on board 12 out of 15 played a good few games and never lost, drew a few mind you. But unfortunately for some reason I kind of lost touch with it.

Once in a hotel in the Kyle of lochalsh a big German bloke was staying for a while and at night he would get a chess board out and challenge folk to play for a drink, a few of the locals were buying him drink for about a week before someone told him to challenge the Chef ( me ),he laughed out loud as only Germans can then threw down the challenge, if I beat him he would buy the whole bar a drink, if I lost I would only have to buy him one, it cost him a pretty penny that night 😂.

Hobbies eh, well I suppose mine was Chess, I dont play anymore, but I was into it in a big way in the 80s/90s, I moved about the country a bit due to my work and joined one or two chess clubs along the way. Before the www took off in the way it has I played a lot of postal chess with people from all over the world, you played each player twice, one as black and one as white, put your move down on a piece of paper and posted it to your opponent, it took a while to complete games as you can imagine, I even got picked to play for Scotland on board 12 out of 15 played a good few games and never lost, drew a few mind you. But unfortunately for some reason I kind of lost touch with it.

Once in a hotel in the Kyle of lochalsh a big German bloke was staying for a while and at night he would get a chess board out and challenge folk to play for a drink, a few of the locals were buying him drink for about a week before someone told him to challenge the Chef ( me ),he laughed out loud as only Germans can then threw down the challenge, if I beat him he would buy the whole bar a drink, if I lost I would only have to buy him one, it cost him a pretty penny that night 😂.
Now that's what I call a hunskelping 50 💪

I go through stages of playing a bit online and I do like it, I've got to the level of being distinctly average I think.
Can't imagine playing a postal match though! If we'd played postal football this season maybe Duffy would have had time to get into position to defend a cross! 😹

One game that i'm shit at ,my ex taught me how to play and won everytime , only let her win right enough cos she had puppies to play with ,well that was my excuse

I do some photography, use Nikon equipment, have a motorbike, a Honda varadero, play instruments, mainly bass guitar, have a rickenbacker 4003 but also play guitar, mandolin and banjo, and build scale models, if the wife moans about the time/money spent, I tell her there 2 types of men in this world, men that have Hobbies, and men that have affairs.......🤣View attachment 13815View attachment 13816
How long has the latest affair been doing the rounds, Bb. HH

Back