Hobbies!

in my reading i came across a weird bit of history in ireland that i thought must be bollocks but it seems its true?

in the 1930s there was a blue shirts party in politics with lot of support and a paramilitary wing who did the nazio salute in their marches

Weird ive never heard of these dudes before considering they were pretty close to power at one point in 1930s and trying to reignite civil war I think?

Emdy know much about these dudes?

in my reading i came across a weird bit of history in ireland that i thought must be bollocks but it seems its true?

in the 1930s there was a blue shirts party in politics with lot of support and a paramilitary wing who did the nazio salute in their marches

Weird ive never heard of these dudes before considering they were pretty close to power at one point in 1930s and trying to reignite civil war I think?

Never knew that, interesting what you can find on the internet these days

The current fine Gael party are an off shoot of these pricks. Still known as blueshirts.

SOuthside FC IPL 1.jpg
I've always believed in giving something back, so about twenty years ago, I volunteered to coach kids soccer
We had about 2000 kids vying for 4 teams, 2 girls teams, and two boys teams
So with 20 kids on each roster, we were a part of the Inter Provincial League
Was a fun 'gig' and afterwards, I got a call from the Municipality (Council) asking if I would help out with kids soccer camps, but they could only pay me $25 an hour...not tough to accept
Do what you love & love what you do
Been an ocean kayaker for more than 25 years too, and have taught many people how to enjoy the sport and do the rescue stuff
I've had to save a few 'self taught' idiots who had never capsized, so were shocked to find out how cold the water is, even in Summer

Also saved a black lab from drowning one day, one of my favourite memories
And taught a disabled guy who's legs didn't work, and that was a great day for both of us
His sheer joy at him giving kayaking a try was great to see, he insisted on doing the rescue stuff and I was curious to see how he would get back in his boat (with my help) and him not being able to bend his knees
He used his upper torso (most wheelchair people have incredible upper body strength) and he used the gymnasts pommel horse technique and slid back into hi cockpit, as I held our boats together, so he taught me something that day
Some people who face adversity are inspirational
And this was when I coached the U-13 boys team
My buddy Mark was on Ayr United's books, and is a great guy, I was actually his assistant and we had those boys using terms like 'Wee Man' funny to hear them
They would go through a wall together and fought for every ball
A great memory for both of us
IPL Southside FC .jpg
The HAWK...Ocean kayaking instruction, me...12 years ago
I was in decent shape back in those days and running your own show is something I'd recommend, it's stressful, but it's a different kind of stress, and you only have one boss...yourself
Now, that was fun for the Summer

HAWK 44.jpg

Last edited:

They fought in Spain for Franco too TET.
The Blueshirts get a mention in The Pogues song Boys From The County Hell. ( Me Daddy was a Blueshirt and me mother a Madame, my brother earned his medals at My Lai in Vietnam, so lend me ten pounds and I'll buy you drink) The Catholic Church had hinted that the Anti-Treaty IRA were anti-church communists. A lot of religious IRA men esp from Belfast went to Spain because of what the Church told them. There were clashes in 1933 between Eoin O Duffys Blueshirts and Tom Barry with his Anti-Treaty buddies in West Cork and Dublin. I know all this because I just read a book about Tom Barry (£3 on i books)

Don't know if its a hobby you would want to take up ,After watching the video you definitely will, go to YouTube and put in Mexican hammer festival . Sit back and be well impressed

Never knew that, interesting what you can find on the internet these days
There's plenty of reading material on them TT. You don't need to go out and buy books. Loads of info on the web. If you're interested in Irish history a terrific place to start would be Robert Kee's Green Flag trilogy. Written by an Englishman with no axe to grind. He had an all consuming love of ALL of Ireland. I bought it way back when I had to buy three separate books. All three come in the same binder now.

Do a wee bit of woodcraft in my spare time, make anything really, house plaques, football stuff whatever, show me pic and I’ll try make it for you..I do take my time tho 🙈😆

Attachments

• D5F77E99-C1DE-436B-AF35-EF34AB919A3E.jpeg
    D5F77E99-C1DE-436B-AF35-EF34AB919A3E.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 9241D6CB-CEBB-4DFB-BE7E-82B296E2B491.jpeg
    9241D6CB-CEBB-4DFB-BE7E-82B296E2B491.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 13
Do a wee bit of woodcraft in my spare time, make anything really, house plaques, football stuff whatever, show me pic and I’ll try make it for you..I do take my time tho 🙈😆
They are stunning. And thanks for not coming on and interacting with us first before introducing your products (take note others who may be wishing to sell to other fans), unlike a couple of others on here. I'm guessing these aren't cheap being bespoke and hand-crafted? Roughly how much do you charge (you'd be as well going for a wee gentle sales pitch seeing as you have been asked)?

They are stunning. And thanks for not coming on and interacting with us first before introducing your products (take note others who may be wishing to sell to other fans), unlike a couple of others on here. I'm guessing these aren't cheap being bespoke and hand-crafted? Roughly how much do you charge (you'd be as well going for a wee gentle sales pitch seeing as you have been asked)?
Lol Bridie Bhoy, not on here to sell anything, in fact al make a point of not doing so. Just saw the hobbies bit while scrolling thru, also do metal detecting 👍🏻

Lol Bridie Bhoy, not on here to sell anything, in fact al make a point of not doing so. Just saw the hobbies bit while scrolling thru, also do metal detecting 👍🏻
I know you aren't from your posts (others before you have been and then went crying to twitter when they were given a hard time). Genuinely though I do think they look amazing and would make the ideal Christmas gift (Tony is already excitedly counting down the days until Santa on his 12 month advent calendar).

well you should, i think their cracking and you never know someone may give you an order you don't know until you try
100%
Excellent quality by the looks of them
You could make some money through your hobby mate
Even if you donate them to charity, it's worth a thought
I'm sure some of the Noisers, would be interested
My boy has a 3-D printer and some of the stuff he makes is amazing
He went to college for graphics and just does it as something he enjoys
People are starting to ask him to make stuff and paint it too, and they'll pay him
Do what you love and love what you do mate
And welcome to the Noise

HH

100%
Excellent quality by the looks of them
You could make some money through your hobby mate
Even if you donate them to charity, it's worth a thought
I'm sure some of the Noisers, would be interested
My boy has a 3-D printer and some of the stuff he makes is amazing
He went to college for graphics and just does it as something he enjoys
People are starting to ask him to make stuff and paint it too, and they'll pay him
Do what you love and love what you do mate
And welcome to the Noise

HH
Made a few charitable donations over the years DILLIGAF, just older now wi grand weans and health not as it should be, I make stuff but at my pace and leisure.

Members online

Latest posts

Back