Hobbies!

Hoopy427

I feel the need for a non football related thread,
to lift our mood, so any interesting hobbies out there? We know about Lenonno and his fantastic wildlife photos, Boab's love of the daily record (kidding Boab) and Kelly's enjoyment of sheep (stopped kidding now 😼) any other hobbies to share?
I do a bit of woodworking as some of you know but I also enjoy restoring old woodworking tools when the mood takes me. This is a 30's block plane that underwent shed surgery!

IMG-20210313-WA0019.jpgIMG-20210313-WA0008.jpg

I do some photography, use Nikon equipment, have a motorbike, a Honda varadero, play instruments, mainly bass guitar, have a rickenbacker 4003 but also play guitar, mandolin and banjo, and build scale models, if the wife moans about the time/money spent, I tell her there 2 types of men in this world, men that have Hobbies, and men that have affairs.......🤣E3FD28A8-E0B7-4995-A396-DC53DB853B9B.jpeg71F25024-1D7E-4CAF-9CB0-E71AC288005B.jpeg

I do some photography, use Nikon equipment, have a motorbike, a Honda varadero, play instruments, mainly bass guitar, have a rickenbacker 4003 but also play guitar, mandolin and banjo, and build scale models, if the wife moans about the time/money spent, I tell her there 2 types of men in this world, men that have Hobbies, and men that have affairs.......🤣
What sort of models do you make mate?

I tried the guitar a while ago, fucking disaster. The missus plays piano annoyingly well, I've accepted music in my case is for listening to not taking part in!

About year and half ago, I found a new hobby.

I got a DAW (digital audio workstation), my intention was to try and become audiobook reader, but the system had lot of different functions.

Well I found a YouTube page from the dude who was part of the team that made the DAW and it is tutorials on how to create your own music. A bit like home music studio.

Anyway his wee videos were great for me.

Gave me a new hobby.

I would collect free Virtual instruments on the internet and then look for midi files from people who can actually write music to see if I could recreate the wee tunes, albeit on my rotten free instruments.

Between watching the free tutorials and the making wee tunes I found a great way to get lost in a wee world of music and feel as if I was useful at something :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Anyway I used to make wee tunes and in PM ask Michael Duffy to give me feedback since he knew music very well.

So that was good fun for me learning some stuff from michael

And a useful ear to point out some of the glaring production errors

My wee sister ended up buying me some premium instruments to get a better sound and over last year and half ive been reading up on midi and music theory and even video editing

Anyway I have gone from no knowledge of music production to, imo anyway :p:p:p:p, half decent amateur production producer.

I took a 10 second video clip of a guy in trump mask, chopped it into 1 sec pieces then added then back together in different orders and different speeds to create a wee video for my latest cover version

The Beatles All my loving

music is mainly synthesisers with my gibberish choir singers

The video I tried to sync to music to make it look a wee bit like its trump playing the tune

:pP:p:pP:p:p:p

Anyway I think Michael would think I have improved a lot since he first started helping me out

:p:p:p:p

My new hobby is making YouTube videos with unique music production

Members online

Latest posts

Back