Hobbies!

I've come across fedco hand tools never knew they made planes though. What sort of age is your 4 and 4 1/2?
Nothing rare or exciting. Just stuff an ape can scuff up and get working.
4 is 50s/60s Bailey and what I wanted. the 4 1/2 is a later offering with the composite handles. Only looked briefly but is probably 80s. Still solid and the parts seem to be decent. Thought it was older when I found it. For an initial bid of £7.50 I quickly buried it in the rust pile. Beside the better finds.
Chuck the shite over the good bits and offer for the stack.
Most of the time it's a take this shite out my garage/shed effort. Fine by me.
The fedco is a mystery. There are bits and bobs on it that are blatant clones. The sticker is vintage but everything else bar the handles are shite.
There's zero online. It's still a usable tool but it must of been a limited low (for its day) quantity run. No idea how good the iron is.

Nothing rare or exciting. Just stuff an ape can scuff up and get working.
4 is 50s/60s Bailey and what I wanted. the 4 1/2 is a later offering with the composite handles. Only looked briefly but is probably 80s. Still solid and the parts seem to be decent. Thought it was older when I found it. For an initial bid of £7.50 I quickly buried it in the rust pile. Beside the better finds.
Chuck the shite over the good bits and offer for the stack.
Most of the time it's a take this shite out my garage/shed effort. Fine by me.
The fedco is a mystery. There are bits and bobs on it that are blatant clones. The sticker is vintage but everything else bar the handles are shite.
There's zero online. It's still a usable tool but it must of been a limited low (for its day) quantity run. No idea how good the iron is.
Leonard Bailey was a genius, I love that a tool designed over 150 years ago is still what pretty much everyone still copies today, even high end plane makers. Any pre 70s Bailey can be set up to be fantastic, after that Stanley's quality got a bit sketchy. Someone gave me a modern (5 or 10 years old) stanley block plane, thank fuck I never bought it its absolute scrap!

Leonard Bailey was a genius, I love that a tool designed over 150 years ago is still what pretty much everyone still copies today, even high end plane makers. Any pre 70s Bailey can be set up to be fantastic, after that Stanley's quality got a bit sketchy. Someone gave me a modern (5 or 10 years old) stanley block plane, thank fuck I never bought it its absolute scrap!
From what I've put my paws on. Doesn't matter what it is. The old stuff that's still relevant and not collectors grade that was made before the 70s are some of the best things I've used hand tools wise. It's the steel in the cutting tools and the build and heft in most of the others.
The job won't get done quicker but my 5yrold lad might still have a few when he is an auld fart

From what I've put my paws on. Doesn't matter what it is. The old stuff that's still relevant and not collectors grade that was made before the 70s are some of the best things I've used hand tools wise. It's the steel in the cutting tools and the build and heft in most of the others.
The job won't get done quicker but my 5yrold lad might still have a few when he is an auld fart
I have modern marples chisels that I use for work and they're fine, strong as hell, do the job but the edge I can get on my pre war marples is in a different league.

Bought a wee 1x30 belt grinder recently to do knife blades. Great wee tool. Most of my recent has been taking the bulky heel off of German knifes with a bench grinder and reshaping.
That wee lip that stops you cutting onions.
Thought my honing and sharpening was off but I've did the same and the old steel , now only expensive efforts only can shave. Work then shave again.
Sharp and sharp

Ive been messing about with a sound repair tool recently and its pretty powerful tool

took ages just to get a bit of a handle on its controls but slowly getting hang of it, or at least im convincing myself the bad sounds are less and good sounds are better.

Anyway

ive learned how to restore bad rumble and nasty clicks crackles in old audio, well so far it seems to be working

I took the copy of celtic story, the old documentary from 1967 with history of club with some chats with the old players

I will upload it to YouTube later when its finished uploading from editor.

Anyway point is if you see any videos on YouTube from old videos with bad audio and would like me to try fix it then gimme a shout

its all just amateur fun to me so it just gibes me something to pass time while maybe helping someone out.

Any audio file I can try repair if you would like a cleaner copy, well I can try anyway :p:p:

Ive been messing about with a sound repair tool recently and its pretty powerful tool

took ages just to get a bit of a handle on its controls but slowly getting hang of it, or at least im convincing myself the bad sounds are less and good sounds are better.

Anyway

ive learned how to restore bad rumble and nasty clicks crackles in old audio, well so far it seems to be working

I took the copy of celtic story, the old documentary from 1967 with history of club with some chats with the old players

I will upload it to YouTube later when its finished uploading from editor.

Anyway point is if you see any videos on YouTube from old videos with bad audio and would like me to try fix it then gimme a shout

its all just amateur fun to me so it just gibes me something to pass time while maybe helping someone out.

Any audio file I can try repair if you would like a cleaner copy, well I can try anyway :p:p:
Lookin forward to the Celtic story TET....well done mate

Lookin forward to the Celtic story TET....well done mate
probably get blocked lmao

the clip I used from that song by genesis of the 67 final I cut from the video

so id imagine within couple of days it will get blocked by Eufa again.

the sound aint perfect but the terrible buzz is gone and the clarity of the conversations is bit better and more standardised volume across it

maybe it will get passed the sensors :p

probably get blocked lmao

the clip I used from that song by genesis of the 67 final I cut from the video

so id imagine within couple of days it will get blocked by Eufa again.

the sound aint perfect but the terrible buzz is gone and the clarity of the conversations is bit better and more standardised volume across it

maybe it will get passed the sensors :p
Try the audio on that clip from the Hun v st johnstone game TET

Try the audio on that clip from the Hun v st johnstone game TET
id just get accused of manipulating it

thats the problem with audio evidence

it can easily be manipulated and used as propaganda

thats why the dude who said all the racist shit and recorded it at a game of Hibs about Marvin Bartley then uploaded his own voice on his own Facebook couldn't be done apparently

he claimed it wasn't him and somebody had manipulated the audio

Not proven

its why im again Hawkeye and video tech

in my opinion in that short time it takes to check it ca be doctored to get an offside or over line

tech is too good and in hands of pros

you can create conversations that didn't happen but if it goes viral it can become powerful propaganda

I listened to the clip

and it was not proven for me

huns have media men who have umpteen media manipulations on ff

and they are all contrived to provide propaganda

tech is that good you can distort video right in front of eyes these days

id just get accused of manipulating it

thats the problem with audio evidence

it can easily be manipulated and used as propaganda

thats why the dude who said all the racist shit and recorded it at a game of Hibs about Marvin Bartley then uploaded his own voice on his own Facebook couldn't be done apparently

he claimed it wasn't him and somebody had manipulated the audio

Not proven

its why im again Hawkeye and video tech

in my opinion in that short time it takes to check it ca be doctored to get an offside or over line

tech is too good and in hands of pros

you can create conversations that didn't happen but if it goes viral it can become powerful propaganda

I listened to the clip

and it was not proven for me

huns have media men who have umpteen media manipulations on ff

and they are all contrived to provide propaganda

tech is that good you can distort video right in front of eyes these days

no idea why

Maybe YouTube detectors are harder than previously

I uploaded same video year ago with bad audio

no issues

this time after over 1 hour of uploading doesnt even upload 10. mins

Maybe coz I have a warning it doesnt like me anymore

ill try again tomorrow

will cut it into little 10 minute segments of the chats with players managers and little bits of interest to me rather than entire thing

since it seems the actual highlights of whole game got me blocked last time.

I even tried to download the game from celtic tv last week but its almost like they have detector that cuts connection if your recording large portions of game

I hate the celtic tv site
coz it keeps crashing so often

so tried downloading game to watch offline but maybe thats why they have it crash so often so you cant screen record game?

it doesnt sound as good as on my computer

I guess distortion must creep in when transferring from one format another

but it is a bit clearer than old version

the loud buzz is less but still there a wee bit

it doesnt sound as good as on my computer

I guess distortion must creep in when transferring from one format another

but it is a bit clearer than old version

the loud buzz is less but still there a wee bit

ha I just noticed they chopped off the game or maybe they limit uploads to 1 hour hahahaha

Members online

Latest posts

Back