Hobbies!

I’m teatotal nowadays, been thinking of setting up a wee craft distillery, ma gin is knockout stuff, but starting a business during a recession is difficult, but it’s unbelievably easy to make your own spirits, I’ve a wee pot sill for sale if anyone fancies having a go?

I’m teatotal nowadays, been thinking of setting up a wee craft distillery, ma gin is knockout stuff, but starting a business during a recession is difficult, but it’s unbelievably easy to make your own spirits, I’ve a wee pot sill for sale if anyone fancies having a go?
I would love to do that but it looks like the type of set up I could easily blow the house up with 🤪

Quite fancy trying brewing beer, has anybody tried it? Does it taste any good?

Can you make cheap Stella is what I'm really asking.

I would love to do that but it looks like the type of set up I could easily blow the house up with 🤪
Nah, you won’t blow anything up unless you boil the still dry, you can get a fairly basic set up for around £100, then it works out about £3.00 to make a 40% ABV ltr of spirit vodka, gin bourbon, whiskey, tequila, impress yir pals

Nah, you won’t blow anything up unless you boil the still dry, you can get a fairly basic set up for around £100, then it works out about £3.00 to make a 40% ABV ltr of spirit vodka, gin bourbon, whiskey, tequila, impress yir pals
£3 for a litre of vodka? I'd be deid by Christmas!

Quite fancy trying brewing beer, has anybody tried it? Does it taste any good?

Can you make cheap Stella is what I'm really asking.
The still I’ve got is a grainfather, primarily designed for making 30ltrs of beer at a time, the copper ambelic top, is an added extra to make perfect spirts, there too much effort to make beer, when you can 15 cans Tennent’s for £13

The sugar wash, is what makes the alcohol 30 ltrs water 6kg sugar, yeast, carbon solution and a clearing agent, take 7-10 days to ferment that to 12-14% ABV, the twice through the still, each pass takes about 1hr, 1st run the stripping run takes it to 50-60%ABV the the 2nd run the spirt run takes it to 90-96% ABV, we scratch make out gin with the botanicals, juniper berries, coriander seeds, ors root, angelic root, and a few others, but the vodka,bourbon, tequila etc we use a ready made sprit essence you add to the neutral spirt, it makes 2.5 ltrs wee bottles costs £3,, sugar costs £3,60, yeast, carbon and clearing agents cont £7.50, sugar wash makes 5 ltrs of 92% ABV, that you dilute down to 40% ABV, giving you about 11ltrs ……simples 🤷‍♂️

My brother in-law has a still and once offered to give me a sample, it was nice with a drop of water. Now all I get is hand sanitizer and he's always streaming.

Members online

Latest posts

Back