Hollywood managers. Be careful what we wish for ?

Lambert is a dick, shite manager as well.
He's forever pushing the survival lie
He’s not been a great manager but a dick ?
4 titles and 4 cups as a player should earn you a bit more respect than that
A class act in a jersey and a class act off the park as well
Pushing the survival lie ?
Aye that’s right every interview he holds up a bedsheet with rangers never died on it

Aye that’s right every interview he holds up a bedsheet with rangers never died on it
Read that.
Then tell me the guy isn't a dick. Just because he was a good player doesn't mean he's not a dick.

Last edited:
Don't know why we keep going on about McGinn at the time he was not worth the money been asked and down south he is no better than what type of player we were attracting up here like Armstrong.
McGinn was not eactly setting the heather on fire at Hibs my recollection of Hibs best season was stokes and Henderson and the captain Gray. Sometimes you do not be held to ransom and that was the deal with Dempsey at Hibs and Petrie, they knew they could get the money down south even if he was pish, thats the market down there and they played a game with us, we made a decent offer and personally I dont think McGinn fancied it.
McGinn IMO has been hit and miss when playing for his country, easily robbed of the ball if pressed quickly, hence the goal he cost us v Belguim, he has a low sense of gravity attribute and a bit of strength, but is not the sharpest upstairs.
Same with Andy Roberson down at Liverpool since no VVD they have all fell to pieces at the back, best left back down south is KT, strolls through the games when fit and has the better football brain. Anyway my wee tuppence worth. Sorro, Turnbull , good bit of business, big Julian good bit of business, players out to come in fresh Mikey Johnson and Forrest squad is still the best in Scotland, just need a coach who knows how to change things, basically one who watches the game and sees the issues.
Expertly put boab. 👏👏👏

How many titles and trophies did Roy Keane win?
Then ask his former team mates if they guys a dick, majority will say is a fecking bellend.

Not what I was meaning. Take lennon out of the equation as he won't be appointed manager. Name one decent manager with celtic connections that we could hire?
Please don't say Paul Lambert
I think we would be going off track a bit if we got into a debate about managers with Celtic connections, as I stated in my post, it's not really a major factor as far as I'm concerned. I merely said if a manager of required ability came along and he also had a love of the club, it would be a bonus. I want the best we can get; regardless of background.

I think we would be going off track a bit if we got into a debate about managers with Celtic connections, as I stated in my post, it's not really a major factor as far as I'm concerned. I merely said if a manager of required ability came along and he also had a love of the club, it would be a bonus. I want the best we can get; regardless of background.
Marcelo Alberto Bielsa Caldera Argentine

We can but dream but Celtic would suit this guy, we have ambition, stadium, brand, fans all in ample amounts.
This guy loves football coaching, loves a challenge and builds teams and 100% fitness,

How many titles and trophies did Roy Keane win?
Then ask his former team mates if they guys a dick, majority will say is a fecking bellend.
Roy Keane ain’t Paul lambert last I looked
How many former teammates of lambert you ask about that ?
Didn’t think so
but lamberts a dick cos you dint agree with him
That’ll make me a dick then
I’m glad to be a dick then if your the judge

Don't know why we keep going on about McGinn at the time he was not worth the money been asked and down south he is no better than what type of player we were attracting up here like Armstrong.
McGinn was not eactly setting the heather on fire at Hibs my recollection of Hibs best season was stokes and Henderson and the captain Gray. Sometimes you do not be held to ransom and that was the deal with Dempsey at Hibs and Petrie, they knew they could get the money down south even if he was pish, thats the market down there and they played a game with us, we made a decent offer and personally I dont think McGinn fancied it.
McGinn IMO has been hit and miss when playing for his country, easily robbed of the ball if pressed quickly, hence the goal he cost us v Belguim, he has a low sense of gravity attribute and a bit of strength, but is not the sharpest upstairs.
Same with Andy Roberson down at Liverpool since no VVD they have all fell to pieces at the back, best left back down south is KT, strolls through the games when fit and has the better football brain. Anyway my wee tuppence worth. Sorro, Turnbull , good bit of business, big Julian good bit of business, players out to come in fresh Mikey Johnson and Forrest squad is still the best in Scotland, just need a coach who knows how to change things, basically one who watches the game and sees the issues.
Hes a great player Boab ,twice the player Armstrong is and would walk into our team right now imo.

Wouldnae say Julliens a good bit of business either,a massive disappointment for the money we paid for him.

Hes a great player Boab ,twice the player Armstrong is and would walk into our team right now imo.

Wouldnae say Julliens a good bit of business either,a massive disappointment for the money we paid for him.
Paul Elliot, VVD, like a good wine they slowly matured into great players. Armstrong recently would never be out the team or the Soutampton team.

Premier League Playing Career McGinn
ClubApps (Subs)Goals
Aston Villa23 (0)1

Paul Elliot, VVD, like a good wine they slowly matured into great players. Armstrong recently would never be out the team or the Soutampton team.

Premier League Playing Career McGinn
ClubApps (Subs)Goals
Aston Villa23 (0)1
I'd fucking love Paul Elliot in the team just now (mibby no at his current age, although probably still better than duffy) quality defender, totally committed.

Reiper & Elliot were a fantastic pairing - 2 classy defenders who were physically dominant too.
I always felt Elliot would run through walls for us, he wasn't one for Pirlo passes or Maradona runs, just a hard as fuck, totally dependable defender who hardly ever made a mistake. Whenever the ball went into our box i just thought no worries Paul will deal with it. Loved that guy.

I'd fucking love Paul Elliot in the team just now (mibby no at his current age, although probably still better than duffy) quality defender, totally committed.
The best defender i have seen at CP Hoopy in all my days, you can include VVD in that pot too.
Class act. Hard as nails, timing of the tackle was spot on even though if memory serves me got booked his first 16 games in a row.
In the times of the 'Celtic sieve', he provided something we weren't accustomed to

Back