Hollywood managers. Be careful what we wish for ?

The best defender i have seen at CP Hoopy in all my days, you can include VVD in that pot too.
Class act. Hard as nails, timing of the tackle was spot on even though if memory serves me got booked his first 16 games in a row.
In the times of the 'Celtic sieve', he provided something we weren't accustomed to
Totally agree mate, I never seen the Lions play so I'd say McGrain, VVD, Elliot, KT would be the best back 4 I've witnessed.
(Big Roy was brave as fuck but VVD and Elliot were better CBs imo)

The best defender i have seen at CP Hoopy in all my days, you can include VVD in that pot too.
Class act. Hard as nails, timing of the tackle was spot on even though if memory serves me got booked his first 16 games in a row.
In the times of the 'Celtic sieve', he provided something we weren't accustomed to
Did he get booked 16 games in a row??
(Fucking MIBs 😹)

Totally agree mate, I never seen the Lions play so I'd say McGrain, VVD, Elliot, KT would be the best back 4 I've witnessed.
The Bear was midfielder though :p

My uncle Danny was at Butlins many moons ago with the family, a rep comes by the pool and says, can you play in a football match with the kids, one team has an adult already, we need another
Aye ok, 10 minutes, gets suitably attired, reports to changing rooms, walks in and this voice bellows, 'thats the competition, happy days'
Uncles says 'Stephen, it was Roy Aitken (the current Celtic captain at the time and a hero of Danny's), He says as the only 2 adults in a kids game, we weren't allowed to LEAVE the centre circle. Five minutes into the game, ball breaks and it's a 50/50, so i thought i canni go in hard on Roy FFS, so kinda made an effort without tackling and 3 sec's later I was up in the fucking air',
torn ankle ligaments, crutches
But theres no many can say they were halved by the bear

EDIT - Well there was many that were halved by the bear

Last edited:
Loved big Elliot total class and a hardy bastard at the same time ...good intelligence and got it about giving your all when playing the scum. Can't disagree about VVD could see his class from day one and obviously playing now at the highest level. Big Reiper consistency was his Marc. KT no doubt he will hit the heights in world football. For me Danny Danny McGrain the most outstanding full back at Celtic in the last 50 years. Would love to see big Bobo (despite the odd error) get a mention just because he kicked John Carew's arse home and away and blootered one or two huns along the way his Physical presence was awesome.

Loved big Elliot total class and a hardy bastard at the same time ...good intelligence and got it about giving your all when playing the scum. Can't disagree about VVD could see his class from day one and obviously playing now at the highest level. Big Reiper consistency was his Marc. KT no doubt he will hit the heights in world football. For me Danny Danny McGrain the most outstanding full back at Celtic in the last 50 years. Would love to see big Bobo (despite the odd error) get a mention just because he kicked John Carew's arse home and away and blootered one or two huns along the way his Physical presence was awesome.
In terms of genuinely world class players, Danny McGain is one of our few, he could have played for any team on the planet and been a stand out, he was just pure class.
Imagine what he'd be worth at todays values?

Best moment he took an Ian Ferguson free kick full in the chest, had to go to the side coughing up blood, changed the top and back on and into them.
View attachment 13606
I properly hated that cunt Ian Ferguson, he just epitomised hunnery for me, if he'd spontaneously combusted on the pitch I'd have laughed. Twat.

But look at that photo of Paul Elliot, you wouldn't want to spill his pint! 😹

Saw this today Boyd gets pish ripped out him in SKY studio.

Haha love seeing boyd get ripped by anyone anywhere anytime brilliant guys a total fud even if he wasn't a hun. Stranger still I agree with monstermunch on this , I thought Tuchel was an equal fud , bring on Hudson-odoi at ht, the boy makes the run and cross that leads to the penalty equaliser and Chelsea are playing better with him, but Tuchel doesnt like his body language off the ball? So takes him off 30 mins after introducing him. Personally I'd be more concerned what hes doing with the ball but not only that Tuchel was seen slapping his seat like a kid throwing toys out the pram, imo this was just Tuchel wanting to show , I'm here , I'm no1 etc. Boyd and Tuchel two fuds into one Gregg's pie.

Saw this today Boyd gets pish ripped out him in SKY studio.

i've been searching for this all day, heard of it, can't be long till they realise boyds a bumbling fucking fud. The commentary he gave last week on the 0-0 game. He's meant to enlighten, after his segment, i had more questions about his game than answers.
Sky will likely replace him with a more literate hun, i suggest wee derek feargishun, even he makes much more sense than that fat pie munching bellend

i've been searching for this all day, heard of it, can't be long till they realise boyds a bumbling fucking fud. The commentary he gave last week on the 0-0 game. He's meant to enlighten, after his segment, i had more questions about his game than answers.
Sky will likely replace him with a more literate hun, i suggest wee derek feargishun, even he makes much more sense than that fat pie munching bellend
Hope they keep the fuck in place. He's a total embarrassing fanny for the huns.
Boyd puts on a suit and thinks he's intelligent. You can see his wee brain trying to work but his mouth is a little bit faster than his brain. That's when he starts stumbling and fucking up his words. It's hard to watch but hard to switch off when he's making a cunt of himself

Last edited:
For me Danny McGrain the most outstanding full back at Celtic in the last 50 years.
Danny McGrain was truly world class playing either full back position. And unusually he would have fitted in - and stood out as exceptional - in any time period between post-WW2 to the modern era. He was hard as nails, fair, fast, clever and skillful. To play with diabetes during those days was incredible and he came back after the horrific fractured skull injury and still got stuck in abouts. He is a fantastic person and very humble and funny too.

Last edited:
The Lions back 4 were pretty effective but you didn't fuck with Auld or Murdoch either.
Best of the lot for getting even was TG. Still remember him sneaking up on the Racing Club guy while there was a fracas at other end and booting him right in the nuts. TV commentator was almost apoplectic.
Funniest one was a Scotland game against Germany. One of them (Haller?) clipped Tommy’s ankle. He then got up, chased the twat 15 yds and kicked him 10 ft in the air. Right in front of the ref! Red card of course but it was so fkn funny.

Members online

Latest posts

Back