Hooper, Ledley, Samaras all wanted to stay, according to Kris Commons.

Nothing new - Celtic selling their best players ? Been going on since forever , even under Jock Stein !

Commons rather naively suggests that if Celtic offered Boyata a few thou more a week , then he would have stayed . He is reportedly picking up £40,000 a week now .
There is no way Celtic could/should match that !

HH

Players leave. It’s the players coming in that always concerned me. Sell good players buy cheap and hope is the Lawell way. Lenny knew that and he needs to get better at spending our money. So far only £1.6m of the £12m spent looks to have been beneficial to the squad. I think, but am not 100% convinced, Julien will come good. Boli is a Bangurra with a different hairdo.

Young Luca is for thecfute, as is the young Irish guy, which leaves us with Hatem the only one of his signings as even contributing to the cause.

That’s fucking appalling judgement. In fact, it’s worse than fucking appalling.

Players leave. It’s the players coming in that always concerned me. Sell good players buy cheap and hope is the Lawell way. Lenny knew that and he needs to get better at spending our money. So far only £1.6m of the £12m spent looks to have been beneficial to the squad. I think, but am not 100% convinced, Julien will come good. Boli is a Bangurra with a different hairdo.

Young Luca is for thecfute, as is the young Irish guy, which leaves us with Hatem the only one of his signings as even contributing to the cause.

That’s fucking appalling judgement. In fact, it’s worse than fucking appalling.

I think big Jullien will come good. The French leagues a good one and if he can cut it there he should be able to cope with ours. On the other hand if he feels the Manager doesnt like or respect him he will struggle as will any player.
JJ has hinted in an article Kennedy is not too impressed by NL and in fact grassed him up to PL when NL was the worse for wear on tour in Austria. He goes so far to say JK would not have advised NL not to play Calmac at leftback for his own selfish reasons, i.e he wants to be Manager himself. Now i don't know if any of these rumours are true, but along with the Broony falling out with NL it seems there is a lot of discontent at CP these days, most of it seems to revolve around NL.

I think big Jullien will come good. The French leagues a good one and if he can cut it there he should be able to cope with ours. On the other hand if he feels the Manager doesnt like or respect him he will struggle as will any player.
JJ has hinted in an article Kennedy is not too impressed by NL and in fact grassed him up to PL when NL was the worse for wear on tour in Austria. He goes so far to say JK would not have advised NL not to play Calmac at leftback for his own selfish reasons, i.e he wants to be Manager himself. Now i don't know if any of these rumours are true, but along with the Broony falling out with NL it seems there is a lot of discontent at CP these days, most of it seems to revolve around NL.

There are stories that Lenny is drinking like fuck in the West End and bloodshot eyes in interviews could suggest this may be true, or he just can’t sleep as a result of his realisation the jobs beyond him.

Appointing him was a mistake in my view, he’s a yes man and has no power. His position has been weakened by his signings failing to be used in the most important game, then his selections and subs confirmed he hasn’t a Fucking clue, denying what he had caused only made the situation worse.

Not only doesn’t he have a clue, but more worryingly, he seems to be the only person on the planet who can’t see that. That to me is a sign of extreme stress and denial.

The Sevconians perfect year is stopping us with Lenny in charge. So far, he seems to be living up to their boast that he being our manager is their guarantee we fail.

That should be used as motivation to fuck them up. Unfortunately, all I see is a man wracked with insecurities and rounding on ex team mates who are telling it like it is.

Everybody wants him to succeed, but the greater priority is we win 9 with it without him. If we go out to AIK then collapse at Mordor he will resign. Or be sacked. There can be no alternative. He needs to identify defenders, a midfielder and a striker who can go straight in. If he can’t manage that he needs to go and we need to regroup under hopefully a more technically astute manager.

Lenny, so far, has failed in recruitment, the use of player, ingame tactics and honesty about how he fucked us out of the CL against a bang average Romanian side. Saturday’s farce and subsequent comment that we were excellent, tells me he us close to cracking. He isn’t operating mentally in reality. His defensive mindset is a worry, a real worry. His refusal to see the truth for me can only lead to a collapse if he and Lawell fail to buy quality.

That won’t fix his lack of technical progressive managerial style. But it will avert the immediate need to sack him.

If anybody thinks that would be harsh, then ask yourself, if Ronnie had signed those players and he used the same horrendous tactics again bat Cluj, how many wouldn’t already be calling for his removal?

We cannot let sentimentally for Lenny make him immune to be dispensed with. Sentimentality wins fuck all. Managers and players do.

He has two weeks left to save his job. Of that there should be no doubt. He knows it and maybe explains him hitting the bottle. If I was him and it was clear that I had fucked us up in the CL I would too. But I would hope I put the club first and not try to tell us there’s nothing to see.

There’s fucking plenty to see. Open your eyes and deal with it, or go.

Does anyone think J Kennedy is manager material? I personally think he put in for the job but his CV was one of those PL chose to ignore when he appointed NL (unilaterally) in the changing room after the Scottish cup win.

If we go from Lenny to Kennedy then we might as well pull the shutters down and emigrate to Chad.

If Lenny goes Lawell needs to be also sacked. In fact I woukd sack that cunt regardless.

Don’t get me wrong, if we fuck up in the next games and Lenny is obviously sacked, Kennedy will take over as interim, judging by the time Lawell takes to do anything could mean he’s in charge until 2025. Plenty of time to show what he can do. :)

Does anyone think J Kennedy is manager material? I personally think he put in for the job but his CV was one of those PL chose to ignore when he appointed NL (unilaterally) in the changing room after the Scottish cup win.
Don't think he should be anywhere near the first team ,thought this years ago and for some reason the club have kept him there for every manger coming in ,can't see what he has to offer but if he's to become Celtic manager (defo a yes man ) then god help us

On the showing on saturday Julien dosen't look much for a £7m defender

Nothing new - Celtic selling their best players ? Been going on since forever , even under Jock Stein !

Commons rather naively suggests that if Celtic offered Boyata a few thou more a week , then he would have stayed . He is reportedly picking up £40,000 a week now .
There is no way Celtic could/should match that !

HH
You don't think Commons has taken SKY's shilling and is mischief making ?

I'm no fan of Commons, his quotes and interview as usual are timed to have a detrimental impact.
As far a lenny leaving last time goes, he hit a ceiling.
For the managers that have left and haven't been sacked it's been a combination of personal circumstances, backing and fans wanting a change.
The stories of us making failed bids pop up now and again, weeks sometimes months after. It's usually us offering x amount and the club wanting a bit more. Often it's not much more. It's enough to drive any manager to the edge.
Lenny coming back in was a timing thing.
Celtic came calling and he wasn't going to say no.
He would of been under no illusions and would of known the script. How players are signed and expected departures.
The board didn't want to go brave and go big with another BR type package and release control.
A "bigger" name might not of accepted a transfer committee or a lock on which backroom staff were in place.
"This is the job, take it or leave it"
BR may have been restricted to loan players which imo was the final straw for him. Lenny didn't pick his guys. BR before didn't want PLs guys, lenny doesnt seem to favour PLs guys now (if jullien,boli and shved are PLs).
If the tactics aren't spot on with all that other shit going on then the team will suffer and the signs for me are there

Ledley defo did not want to leave his father even confirmed it , the rest not sure about but Sammy i would have drove him to the airport and hired the plane

If this is true, and I have no reason to believe Commons is a liar (an arsehole at times, but not a liar), it really does beg the question why Neil Lennon returned to Celtic with the same problem, namely PL, wafting over our club stronger than ever before?

By the way, who is coming out with this stuff about Lenny being drunk in the West End? With the age of camera phones and 'citizen journalism', this would be all over somewhere if true. It sounds likes Grade A bollocks to me.

Back