How many good professionals have we really got

John nó

In a season that promised so much yet delivered so little to date, I now call into question just how many good professional players have we really got.
So what makes a good professional player for us?

Ability
We are currently stuck with so many that are still not good enough to wear a Celtic Jersey with pride

Fitness
Should never be an issue with a player, yet I have never known a club where this has been such an issue let alone ours

Attitude
Again shouldn't be an issue but we know of so many who have shown us a terrible attitude towards the job in hand

Desire
You would expect any player to give his all for there paymaster and deliver the best they can for the team.

Mental strength /discipline Again you would expect a player to have full concentration and be disciplined for a full 90 minutes

Consistency
Again a level of consistency would be expected to maintain the standards required

Teamwork
How many will put personal goals ahead of the teams. Will go missing and not do the necessary work required for the team

Of course there can be many other qualities to be really classed as a good professional and yet we are still lacking. I don't think we could field a team that ticks all the boxes and I find that disgraceful. For me I find that ajer has been well above anyone and we stand to lose him. So looking ahead I can only put 5 players for next season who I would class as a good professional and I haven't included any youngsters who haven't been given an opportunity. This is of major concern for me and would be interested to see how others felt about it

Depends on what your standard is

I think most of our worst results were tactical failures rather than individual

I think the flaws in the style that make our players greedy and selfish again fall into the tactical issues of the management

good professionals follow their instructions well

And I still think our good players were following a bizarre gameplay that was weak

could be wrong

But I dont think any of our players are not good professionals

Might not be technically worlds best but professionals none the less

the large squad size hasn't helped imo

there have been some head scratching things like strikers no fit, but again that seems more of a management issue to me.

had we won league I doubt many would be calling players unprofessional.

under Kennedy the team look a little more in some kind of plan, albeit not much better, hence we need a proper manager.

the covid thing is also a factor in the squad with so many newer faces at club imo

I think the flaws in the style that make our players greedy and selfish again fall into the tactical issues of the management

And I still think our good players were following a bizarre gameplay that was weak

could be wrong

there have been some head scratching things like strikers no fit, but again that seems more of a management issue to me.

under Kennedy the team look a little more in some kind of plan, albeit not much better, hence we need a proper manager.

the covid thing is also a factor in the squad with so many newer faces at club imo
So TET would you class the management team as been unprofessional then. I would on fitness issues

The only players I'd give pass marks to this season based on your criteria are Broon, Turnbull and Ajer and none of them with flying colours just better than the rest.
Thing that pisses me off is how many players we have that have proved in the past that they are good players, way above anything the huns have but they either haven't given their all this season or haven't even turned up!
Eddy, Griff, Moi, Christie, Rogic, Muthafucka, I'd even say Calmac have all been way below their best, thats 2 thirds of a bloody team. All of these guys have the ability to be player of the season in Scotland at their best.

So TET would you class the management team as been unprofessional then. I would on fitness issues
the management this season was poor

overconfidence
lack of clarity
poor tactics
covid played a part

Hard to blame players on just this season

lot of them dont look motivated but perhaps thats management fault again

kept reinforcing garbage
kept saying it was great to watch followed by throwing people under bus

finger pointing

fitness is management issue
motivation is management

it may be be these players followed the plan well, lenny said it was best he seen at times, even when I thought it was woeful

So perhaps players were too professional

And followed the lack of coherent plan meticulously

could be wrong

Can't agree with some of that mate, some of the substitutions have been bizarre and fitness levels are certainly questionable and I lay that right at the management teams feet but the manager hasn't asked Duffy to be a calamity, or asked Eddy to try and walk the ball into the net, or asked Christie to sky every shot. Well paid professionals should be able to do the basics regardless of the manager, especially against the some of the teams we face in Scotland.

Can't agree with some of that mate, some of the substitutions have been bizarre and fitness levels are certainly questionable and I lay that right at the management teams feet but the manager hasn't asked Duffy to be a calamity, or asked Eddy to try and walk the ball into the net, or asked Christie to sky every shot. Well paid professionals should be able to do the basics regardless of the manager, especially against the some of the teams we face in Scotland.
Duffy was poor signing

I dont think he ever played in an attacking tea before. so management need take can for his failures.

Eddy didn't get great supply from lenny system.

but even when he had ball, it was mainly solo runs, same with christie, elyou

I think they were told to be greedy and shoot from anywhere

its just too often

they didn't do that shit at any other team or under any other manager

christie with scotland doesnt shoot every time he gets ball

elyou neither

I think that was their instructions

charge and shoot

lack of coherent crosses

midfielders on wings, bizarre

long punts to wing backs over 40 yards

I think that crap was the plan

Im gony single out a couple who i think are a disgrace...Christie and Griffiths and i hope both get to fuck soon .We've a few who i dont think are good enough either ,Klimala and Ajeti ...dont know what people see in those two,sorry but players like that dont win you titles or help progress in Europe .I will say hats off to big Ajer at least the big fella done his best and id say Turnbull and Soro looked decent at times .

Duffy was poor signing

I dont think he ever played in an attacking tea before. so management need take can for his failures.

Eddy didn't get great supply from lenny system.

but even when he had ball, it was mainly solo runs, same with christie, elyou

I think they were told to be greedy and shoot from anywhere

its just too often

they didn't do that shit at any other team or under any other manager

christie with scotland doesnt shoot every time he gets ball

elyou neither

I think that was their instructions

charge and shoot

lack of coherent crosses

midfielders on wings, bizarre

long punts to wing backs over 40 yards

I think that crap was the plan
I get your points on tactics TET, but would a good professional want to go along with them when they are making them look like dog shit?

I get your points on tactics TET, but would a good professional want to go along with them when they are making them look like dog shit?
would they be a good professional if they didn't do exactly what instructed to do?

I knew a dude who played for Motherwell

He had some nifty skills and I used to ask him why he didn't do this or that,

he said if I did what you suggest rather than exactly what my manager instructs then I get dropped

if you make a scene, you get dropped and look like a trouble maker.

Some players get free role, but others get told in this situation do this every time

If manager loses his job for players doing their own thang then he aint a great manager

lets say you were a great artist

And dude hires you to paint his fence

he just wants it painted to instruction

if you decide it be better if it had a da Vinci fence rather than plain red one

then are you a good painter?

sometimes the best professional looks bollocks coz the plan sucks ass

And if you tell the boss his plan sucks ass and rebel

then are you really a good professional?

would they be a good professional if they didn't do exactly what instructed to do?

I knew a dude who played for Motherwell

He had some nifty skills and I used to ask him why he didn't do this or that,

he said if I did what you suggest rather than exactly what my manager instructs then I get dropped

if you make a scene, you get dropped and look like a trouble maker.

Some players get free role, but others get told in this situation do this every time

If manager loses his job for players doing their own thang then he aint a great manager

lets say you were a great artist

And dude hires you to paint his fence

he just wants it painted to instruction

if you decide it be better if it had a da Vinci fence rather than plain red one

then are you a good painter?

sometimes the best professional looks bollocks coz the plan sucks ass

And if you tell the boss his plan sucks ass and rebel

then are you really a good professional?
I understand TET about players playing to so called plans, which have also been left on the top shelf by the looks of things as very little if any have we seen for most of the season.
This does not excuse selfish play, lazy play, not being able to get the basics right and yet are still able to hold down a place in the team.
I don't for one minute believe that there is good harmony within the changing room which all round for me is a lack of acting professional

In a season that promised so much yet delivered so little to date, I now call into question just how many good professional players have we really got.

Ability
We are currently stuck with so many that are still not good enough to wear a Celtic Jersey with pride

Fitness
Should never be an issue with a player, yet I have never known a club where this has been such an issue let alone ours

Attitude
Again shouldn't be an issue but we know of so many who have shown us a terrible attitude towards the job in hand

Desire
You would expect any player to give his all for there paymaster and deliver the best they can for the team.

Mental strength /discipline Again you would expect a player to have full concentration and be disciplined for a full 90 minutes

Consistency
Again a level of consistency would be expected to maintain the standards required

Teamwork
How many will put personal goals ahead of the teams. Will go missing and not do the necessary work required for the team

Of course there can be many other qualities to be really classed as a good professional and yet we are still lacking. I don't think we could field a team that ticks all the boxes and I find that disgraceful. For me I find that ajer has been well above anyone and we stand to lose him. So looking ahead I can only put 5 players for next season who I would class as a good professional and I haven't included any youngsters who haven't been given an opportunity. This is of major concern for me and would be interested to see how others felt about it
No many in that squad apart fae broony n calmac tbf to new guys from summer we really don't know if they're good pros or not wee klimala bulcked up and was trying in training to make an impression so I thinks he's a good pro but the rest no many if any good pros in among that mob

The biggest question mark I can place over the management team is malaise, have they created a lesser attitude around training, fitness, desire to win? Possibly.
Personally I think Lenny would want success every bit as much as any one of us for Celtic (That's probably why I don't like him being bad mouthed) but maybe the players didn't buy into his ways the way they did with the Snake and lowered their standards?
The Snake is very good at lifting a team in the short term, possibly Lenny suffered in comparison?

The biggest question mark I can place over the management team is malaise, have they created a lesser attitude around training, fitness, desire to win? Possibly.
Personally I think Lenny would want success every bit as much as any one of us for Celtic (That's probably why I don't like him being bad mouthed) but maybe the players didn't buy into his ways the way they did with the Snake and lowered their standards?
The Snake is very good at lifting a team in the short term, possibly Lenny suffered in comparison?
Could be Hoopy which would be looked upon an act of disrespect which in turn is also very unprofessional all round.

Ability

Fitness

Attitude

Desire

Consistency

Teamwork

Dear John "yes I know not the best way to start a missive", looking at the vast majority of our performances this season, if you take all your categories, I don't think that many of the players can claim pass marks in any of these, there has been small pockets of good form, bot I feel that the mgt, both team and club got lazy, they thought that by maintaining the status quo, then the status quo would be maintained. I have said that on many occasions they got lazy they failed to plan, especially from a position of power. If there is one lesson to learn from this season then it's when you're at the top you must work twice as hard to stay in front. HH

Mate I agree with Lennon wanting to win as much as us, he did think he could fix all the problems but we could see that he was one of the problems. Sticking with the same players when they were not playing for him or trying. His strange subs, always after 60mins. Sometimes 5-10 mins in you can see its not working but to wait to 60-70mins before changing it now that's a management problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Back