How many points will we finish ahead of the monkeys

Doing some math here -- everyone stand back :D

To me, it doesn't look like Sevco has any route whatsoever to first place in the standings, period.

After Sunday, we only have two games left, as does Sevco.

If we win both and beat Sevco on Sunday, and Sevco wins none to finish the season, then we end the season 19 up. Best scenario.

If we win one of the two and beat Sevco, which wins none going forward, we end with a 16-point lead.

If we win neither game and beat Sevco on Sunday, and Sevco wins both games, we end with a 7-point lead.

If we lose all games, including Sunday (God forbid!), and Sevco wins all remaining games, we end up with a 1-point lead.

If we beat Sevco on Sunday and win one of the remaining two games, and Sevco wins their remaining two games, we end up with a 10-point lead.

I didn't factor in draws. You're welcome.

Or am I doing this wrong?

Doing some math here -- everyone stand back :D

To me, it doesn't look like Sevco has any route whatsoever to first place in the standings, period.

After Sunday, we only have two games left, as does Sevco.

If we win both and beat Sevco on Sunday, and Sevco wins none to finish the season, then we end the season 19 up. Best scenario.

If we win one of the two and beat Sevco, which wins none going forward, we end with a 16-point lead.

If we win neither game and beat Sevco on Sunday, and Sevco wins both games, we end with a 7-point lead.

If we lose all games, including Sunday (God forbid!), and Sevco wins all remaining games, we end up with a 1-point lead.

If we beat Sevco on Sunday and win one of the remaining two games, and Sevco wins their remaining two games, we end up with a 10-point lead.

I didn't factor in draws. You're welcome.

Or am I doing this wrong?
Take it you failed maths Larry ?

Not my best subject, no. But do I have that right, at 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, none for a loss, multiplied by two games left in the standings (not counting the Cup game vs Aberdeen later next month)?
Scottish football is backwards in more ways than one, Larry.

Our governing body thought it would be a great idea to have a "split" after three rounds of matches.

The top 6 and bottom 6 play each other a further time which takes the season total to 38 matches.

There have been seasons where the clubs in 7th and 8th place have had more points than the team who finished 6th???

Scottish football wrapped up in a nutty shell

Scottish football is backwards in more ways than one, Larry.

Our governing body thought it would be a great idea to have a "split" after three rounds of matches.

The top 6 and bottom 6 play each other a further time which takes the season total to 38 matches.

There have been seasons where the clubs in 7th and 8th place have had more points than the team who finished 6th???

Scottish football wrapped up in a nutty shell

Oh.

So . . . there are more games after Livingston on April 6 (not counting the Scottish Cup game)?

Oh.

So . . . there are more games after Livingston on April 6 (not counting the Scottish Cup game)?
Yeah, a further five against the other sides who finish top 6.

There have also been seasons where we've had to play sides three times away from Celtic Park to balance out the home and away games per season. It's completely nuts and makes no sense whatsoever.

Call me arrogant but the leagues done just now .Doubt the zombies will win all their games ,theyll drop more points guaranteed .Think we're doing well considering the dodgy start we had.hh
They're shite, B. Absolutely rank rotten.

We've won this league in first gear. With the benefit of hindsight, I think we've just been trying to make it interesting.

Just blitz them back to the coffin on Sunday and let's be done with them. They're boring me now with their drivel.

They're shite, B. Absolutely rank rotten.

We've won this league in first gear. With the benefit of hindsight, I think we've just been trying to make it interesting.

Just blitz them back to the coffin on Sunday and let's be done with them. They're boring me now with their drivel.
Mate i was convinced we were givin them a bit of hope ?hopefully we crush that hope on Sunday.Lost our manager ,ravaged by injuries and could be 13 points clear on Sunday!could be worse!HH mate

Not my best subject, no. But do I have that right, at 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, none for a loss, multiplied by two games left in the standings (not counting the Cup game vs Aberdeen later next month)?

My question/point is: Is our lead in the table unapproachable, even with the worst-case scenario?
Aye it's similar to my reasoning that we'll be 17-20pts ahead come the end of the season HH

Mate i was convinced we were givin them a bit of hope ?hopefully we crush that hope on Sunday.Lost our manager ,ravaged by injuries and could be 13 points clear on Sunday!could be worse!HH mate
The thing is, B - if squinty really wants shot of slippy, then a proper doing on Sunday is exactly what he needs.

Unleash the media hacks on Monday and in the words of Katrina and The Waves, it's: "goin down to Liverpool to do nothin"

Members online

Latest posts

Back