How much have we missed James Forrest this season

It's been the way that we have played that has been wrong. Yes, Jamesy has been missed, but he was not, and never will be, the Messiah. Because he has not been available, and because Lennon wouldn't play certain players, we changed our formation. Mistake.

He's way overrated. Very frustrating player. When he shows up hes brilliant. Unfortunately more often than not, he hides. I honestly don't think he would have made much of a difference this season anyway. Too many players not bothering their hole for one to make a difference. To me, he's just another Christie like player.
I rate Forrest D , he can as you say be frustrating but brilliant as well, I dont think hes like Christie either I think hes matured into one of the senior players and he delivers better than frimpong did, knows when to shoot and can score and when to pass. Imo his stats stand up and stats are course just a part of it but I think we missed him. HH ☘

Maybe Bayo has got a future with us stevie but a complete change of style would be needed as things stand
What about having players that can operate/play different systems or styles then perhaps a player like Bayo could be very useful. Currently every team we play against knows how we are going to play, perhaps we could have a better chance of confusing opposition coaches /mgrs with players who are adaptable to different systems, I hate to say this but the huns have a very average side who can play a couple of different ways which is why they have been more successful in Europe. Sorry but it is coaching that has made the difference.

Honestly where were all the James forrest fans when everyone was on his back? So many called for him to be dropped that I actually felt sorry for him, for players that couldn't even lace his boots. He scored so many important goals, improved him game and has been sorely missed this season. I can't wait to get gets back to full fitness.

Been critical of the guy in the past but hes been missed badly!no doubt about it so looking forward to seeing him back playing again.
We've missed the well worn play where we get an opposition attack broken up,
1 pass from defence to Jamesie and he is at the last defender.
That ability to carry it from halfway to their box quickly has any opposing team on the back foot, suits Eddie and brings a different less predictable element to our play.
It also stops opposing teams commit as many players as they have this year because this year we have no back to front outball like Jamesie.
I've tried to avoid this thread as outside of this site i have many friends that slaughtered him constantly and now talk about him as the Messi-ah.
Forrest is a frustrating player that has long had the pelters that a foreign player wouldn't. A bit of a whipping bhoy in my mind. He's not world class or he'd be off, he's as good as we have on that wing and it's clear we have missed him more than we realise.

Members online

Latest posts

Back