How much have we missed James Forrest this season

I'm not trying to say forrest could have been our saviour as it seemed our coaches believed pacey wingers were not necessary. So even with him in the squad it may not have made a difference. But we could have possibly picked up more points if they chose to ignore the shit instructions from the coaches.
I'm not sure what the game plan was set out to achieve, have 5 CMs all bunched up in the middle of the park while the opposition defend with 10 men behind the ball. Dont let the ball go wide...when it does....cut back in to the packed middle. But who am I?? These guys are highly paid coaches. I'm sure there was a point to it.

I've blocked this season out....when did the constant cutting in begin?? Under lenny?? The same cutting in frimpong did and taylor and laxalt and eli....forrest was obviously doing what he and all the other wide players were told to do. Hopefully when he's back and kennedy is kicked out the back door at the end of the season we can have the forrest that was smashing it for club and Country back.
The latter end of Rodgers' time he was at the same lubo. Very frustrating player

I've blocked this season out....when did the constant cutting in begin?? Under lenny?? The same cutting in frimpong did and taylor and laxalt and eli....forrest was obviously doing what he and all the other wide players were told to do. Hopefully when he's back and kennedy is kicked out the back door at the end of the season we can have the forrest that was smashing it for club and Country back.
I think a lot of the problem lies in the lack of a target man up front. Why cross it in if we never have anyone on the end of it? Hayes used to hit the byeline and fire crosses into dangerous areas where we had no-one so he was slaughtered by many fans for doing it.

I have nothing against cutting in as an option to use occasionally but I agree that it is infuriating when we use it every bloody time - if we all know it is going to happen you can guarantee our opponents know as well.

I'm not trying to say forrest could have been our saviour as it seemed our coaches believed pacey wingers were not necessary. So even with him in the squad it may not have made a difference. But we could have possibly picked up more points if they chose to ignore the shit instructions from the coaches.
I'm not sure what the game plan was set out to achieve, have 5 CMs all bunched up in the middle of the park while the opposition defend with 10 men behind the ball. Dont let the ball go wide...when it does....cut back in to the packed middle. But who am I?? These guys are highly paid coaches. I'm sure there was a point to it.
We haven't played with a high press at all, letting opposition get out of defence far to easy.
With a Forrest on the right and likewise on the left with a target man should give us far better options if we upped the tempo to our play with winning the ball back quicker and a player like Forrest could find more space for him to work in, not this slow play that allows him to be crowded out far to easily

We haven't played with a high press at all, letting opposition get out of defence far to easy.
With a Forrest on the right and likewise on the left with a target man should give us far better options if we upped the tempo to our play with winning the ball back quicker and a player like Forrest could find more space for him to work in, not this slow play that allows him to be crowded out far to easily
We can't play a high press because our players aren't fit enough. Defensively and in attack we are far too ponderous letting our opponents set their defence or break at speed against our slow and unsure defenders.

We can't play a high press because our players aren't fit enough. Defensively and in attack we are far too ponderous letting our opponents set their defence or break at speed against our slow and unsure defenders.
Exactly BB and that just highlights how disgraceful it is that we can't because of fitness and player issues with clowns overseeing it all

It started under B Rodgers and continued and got worse under N Lennon and i said it had to be the coaching. Who was involved in coaching under those two?
Clue number 1/ JK.
At times you could throw a table cloth over our front players cause they have all run into the same space at the front of the box.

Sorry but he does my head in so frustrating he is an incredible player when he wants too but that doesn’t happen any where often enough. Go back a couple of seasons when BR’s team was have a slow start to the season then went to Perth and blew St Johnstone away with Forrest running the show he then had a run of 6 or 7 games for us and his country (so I heard, no time for Scotland ) but how many games does he play and he is invisible hiding behind the full back as not to get the pass. Compare him to Sinclair in his last season or so when his form dipped but had similar stats to Forrest with goals and assists he was starting to get a lot of criticism but the big difference for me was he always showed for the ball unlike Jamesy just my honest opinion.
Yes we have missed him. But another player who just wasn't one of lennon's buddies Scott sinclair, an ideal example of lennon's ineptitude as a mgr, you don't have to like a player personally just manage his talent. If you look at Forrest you can see that over his Celtic career his form has been up and down but BR seemed to get him on an upward trajectory, now the question is was this due to a personal rapport or due to being managed properly. So I would hope that the new manager whomever it is can get him back to his best.

Yes we have missed him. But another player who just wasn't one of lennon's buddies Scott sinclair, an ideal example of lennon's ineptitude as a mgr, you don't have to like a player personally just manage his talent. If you look at Forrest you can see that over his Celtic career his form has been up and down but BR seemed to get him on an upward trajectory, now the question is was this due to a personal rapport or due to being managed properly. So I would hope that the new manager whomever it is can get him back to his best.
With Sinclair and Forrest you had the right balance to the team regarding attacking, without Sinclair, our shape has been lopsided and moi has hardly balanced it up and Jamsie has suffered and been far less effective

It started under B Rodgers and continued and got worse under N Lennon and i said it had to be the coaching. Who was involved in coaching under those two?
Clue number 1/ JK.
At times you could throw a table cloth over our front players cause they have all run into the same space at the front of the box.

Thanks 1888. We just need a whole clean out of the coaching staff. Get some new ideas in.

Members online

Latest posts

Back