How The West-Coast Was Won

Spherical Planet

It was the year of our Lord eighteen-hundred and seventy-two, when a group of Scottish desperados decided to take their outlaw ways to the great American frontier and start a new life away from the Irish pilgrims who had taken up lawful residence in their native land.

Upon reaching the new world, the disparate band of rogues and crooks pillaged their way across the land before deciding to settle in a barren wasteland in the shadow of the gaping abyss of a canyon. They named their new town as a tribute to their cheating ways and as an homage to the stony ravine they settled in - Bribe Rocks was therefore established and thus began a 15-year period of rowdiness, lawlessness and bedlam.

The only law in this town came in the form of a masked gunslinger who went by the name of the On-Loan Ranger who, along with his indigenous native sidekick, Pronto - was as corrupt as the klanfolk he swore an oath to serve. The mayor of this den of iniquity was a paraplegic entrepreneur who lost his legs in a terrible stagecoach crash after he desperately planned a heist to steal an ornate decorative silver cup from Europe. Murray was his name and so crooked was he that he even established his own form of currency which he produced at the Murray Mint. Murray also owned the Moonbeams Saloon where the local residents drank, whored, gambled and sang about their dark history.

The town was not kind to women folk. No self-respecting ingenue would dare set foot in this new Gomorrah and only the ugliest and disease-addled reflections of femininity trawled the shanties. As a matter of fact, it was the livestock who were more at risk from the ardour of the menfolk and in defiance of evolution and creationism - strange mutations began to emerge from the loins of these outlaws, thieves and ne'er-do-wells

For 16-long years this Hell on Earth was a blight on the landscape. No innocent party was safe from the violent tendencies of these self-righteous and unholy demons and the town grew and grew in both size and monstrosity.

That was until the glorious year of our Lord eighteen hundred and eighty-eight, when a fair Irish holy man set out on a mission to bring prosperity and hope to the new world.

With a devoted band of beautiful and wilfull folk by his side, Brother Walfrid established a parish in a plush oasis of green just a few miles to the east of the notorious Bribe Rocks. Brother Walfrid set his eye upon this garden of Eden and in honour to the great heaven above, he named this plot Paradise

Over the next few years, the parish flourished and the tables of the families and the belly of every child was full with the fruit of nature, land and tree.

The small parish blossomed into a beautiful town with citizens who followed the rule of law and prospered from the sweat of their brow and the hope in their heart.

The town was led by a great general who understood the will of the people. Gentleman Jock was his name and in spite of his gruff exterior, this served only to bely his heart of pure gold. General Jock formed a band of peacekeepers who the townsfolk fondly named The Mountain Lions and they were fair and just, but also merciless in the face of all opposition.

The Mountain Lions were admired throughout the land for their style, but they were also greatly feared for their ruthlessness. The Lions and the whole of Paradise were loathed by the outlaws in Bribe Rocks and Mayor Murray despised their new neighbours with a passion he had only ever felt for his sister/mother.

Mayor Murray offered great financial rewards to a number of notorious foreign mercenaries. He wanted to lay waste to Paradise and coveted all that this little piece of heaven had earned over it's time.

He hired the feared native American, Sioux Nes and the reviled English brigands - The Butcher of Ipswich, The Woodsman, and most feared of all.......Gassy-ass Coin, so named for his noxious odour and his love of cold hard cash.

These were but four of the army of murderers, rapists, wife-beaters and tax-evaders that Murray enlisted to see off the continuing growth of Paradise.

A great battle was looming on the horizon and the prospects of Paradise looked bleak in the face of such overwhelming odds.

To Be Continued (if anybody gives a toss, or if I don't bore myself into submission first)..........

Last edited:
It was the year of our Lord eighteen-hundred and seventy-two, when a group of Scottish desperados decided to take their outlaw ways to the great American frontier and start a new life away from the Irish pilgrims who had taken up lawful residence in their native land.

Upon reaching the new world, the disparate band of rogues and crooks pillaged their way across the land before deciding to settle in a barren wasteland in the shadow of a gaping abyss of a canyon. They named their new town as a tribute to their cheating ways and as an homage to the stony ravine they settled in - Bribe Rocks was therefore established and thus began a 15-year period of rowdiness, lawlessness and bedlam.

The only law in this town came in the form of a masked gunslinger who went by the name of the Loans Ranger and his indigenous native sidekick, Pronto. The mayor of this den of iniquity was a paraplegic entrepreneur who lost his legs in a terrible stagecoach crash after he desperately planned a heist to steal an ornate decorative silver cup from Europe. Murray was his name and so crooked was he that he even established his own form of currency which he produced at the Murray Mint. Murray also owned the Moonbeams Saloon where the local residents drank, whored, gambled and sang about their dark history.

The town was not kind to women folk. No self-respecting ingenue would dare set foot in this new Gomorrah and only the ugliest and disease-addled reflections of femininity trawled the shanties. As a matter of fact, it was the livestock who were more at risk from the ardour of the menfolk and in defiance of evolution and creationism - strange mutations began to emerge from the loins of these outlaws, thieves and ne'er-do-wells

For 16-long years this Hell on Earth was a blight on the landscape. No innocent party was safe from the violent tendencies of these self-righteous and unholy demons and the town grew and grew in both size and monstrosity.

That was until the glorious year of our Lord eighteen hundred and eighty-eight, when a fair Irish holy man set out on a mission to bring prosperity and hope to the new world.

With a devoted band of beautiful and wilfull folk by his side, Brother Walfrid established a parish in a plush oasis of green just a few miles to the east of the notorious Bribe Rocks. Brother Walfrid set his eye upon this garden of Eden and in honour to the great heaven above, he named this plot Paradise

Over the next few years, the parish flourished and the tables of the families and the belly of every child was full with the fruit of nature, land and tree.

The small parish blossomed into a beautiful town with citizens who followed the rule of law and prospered from the sweat of their brow and the hope in their heart.

The town was led by a great general who understood the will of the people. Gentleman Jock was his name and in spite of his gruff exterior, this served only to bely his heart of pure gold. General Jock formed a band of peacekeepers who the townsfolk fondly named The Lions and they were fair and just, but also merciless in the face of all opposition.

The Lions were admired throughout the land for their style, but they were also greatly feared for their ruthlessness. The Lions and the whole of Paradise were loathed by the outlaws in Bribe Rocks and Mayor Murray despised their new neighbours with a passion he had only ever felt for his sister/mother.

Mayor Murray offered great financial rewards to a number of notorious foreign mercenaries. He wanted to lay waste to Paradise and coveted all that this little piece of heaven had earned over it's time.

He hired the feared native American, Sioux Nes and the reviled English brigands - The Butcher of Ipswich, The Woodsman, and most feared of all.......Gas-ass Coin, so named for his noxious odour and his love of cold hard cash.

These were but four of the army of murderers, rapists, wife-beaters and tax-evaders that Murray enlisted to see off the continuing growth of Paradise.

A great battle was looming on the horizon and the prospects of Paradise looked bleak in the face of such overwhelming odds.

To Be Continued (if anybody gives a toss, or if I don't bore myself into submission first)..........
Like it 👏hh

Upon reaching the new world, the disparate band of rogues and crooks pillaged their way across the land before deciding to settle in a barren wasteland in the shadow of a gaping abyss of a canyon. They named their new town as a tribute to their cheating ways and as an homage to the stony ravine they settled in - Bribe Rocks was therefore established and thus began a 15-year period of rowdiness, lawlessness and bedlam.

The only law in this town came in the form of a masked gunslinger who went by the name of the Loans Ranger and his indigenous native sidekick, Pronto. The mayor of this den of iniquity was a paraplegic entrepreneur who lost his legs in a terrible stagecoach crash after he desperately planned a heist to steal an ornate decorative silver cup from Europe. Murray was his name and so crooked was he that he even established his own form of currency which he produced at the Murray Mint. Murray also owned the Moonbeams Saloon where the local residents drank, whored, gambled and sang about their dark history.

The town was led by a great general who understood the will of the people. Gentleman Jock was his name and in spite of his gruff exterior, this served only to bely his heart of pure gold. General Jock formed a band of peacekeepers who the townsfolk fondly named The Lions and they were fair and just, but also merciless in the face of all opposition.

The Lions were admired throughout the land for their style, but they were also greatly feared for their ruthlessness. The Lions and the whole of Paradise were loathed by the outlaws in Bribe Rocks and Mayor Murray despised their new neighbours with a passion he had only ever felt for his sister/mother.

He hired the feared native American, Sioux Nes and the reviled English brigands - The Butcher of Ipswich, The Woodsman, and most feared of all.......Gas-ass Coin, so named for his noxious odour and his love of cold hard cash.

Ha ha! You're no right in the heid, pal! 🤣🤣🤣

Well that's your cue to develop the story and take it in a new and interesting direction (nae Danny " shittin' it" Dyer though, Lubo)!

Hope you and the girls are all keeping well, mate. The North sends its best wishes

HH

Panic stations at the moment SP to be honest. Missus is being made to stop work on Friday due to school closures. Most of my work is based in hotels in london which are getting ready to close their doors. Just waiting on my bosses telling me theres no work for me. Landlord wont return my calls. Absolute nightmare.....but I've got shit loads of toilet roll!!!!

Panic stations at the moment SP to be honest. Missus is being made to stop work on Friday due to school closures. Most of my work is based in hotels in london which are getting ready to close their doors. Just waiting on my bosses telling me theres no work for me. Landlord wont return my calls. Absolute nightmare.....but I've got shit loads of toilet roll!!!!
Get it punted on Ebay, Lubo.........or donate it to Thai Tim for all the shite he spouts.

It's a bloody mess, Lubo. I hate that young families are being left high and dry because of this. Even if there was plenty of work, it would suffer because of childcare issues.

I believe that folk get what they deserve in life. If that is even remotely true then good things have to be heading to you and your family's way, Lubo.

Hard though it is, you have a great wee family there. Look after them and take the other obstacles as they come.

If I crack this lottery thing, Lubo, I'll get you all covered!

Get it punted on Ebay, Lubo.........or donate it to Thai Tim for all the shite he spouts.

It's a bloody mess, Lubo. I hate that young families are being left high and dry because of this. Even if there was plenty of work, it would suffer because of childcare issues.

I believe that folk get what they deserve in life. If that is even remotely true then good things have to be heading to you and your family's way, Lubo.

Hard though it is, you have a great wee family there. Look after them and take the other obstacles as they come.

If I crack this lottery thing, Lubo, I'll get you all covered!

Thanks SP. We are lucky in the fact my partners parents are amazing and should we have to move from our house if work dries up we can move in with them (fingers crossed the government put something in place to prevent that)...but I geniunly feel for the poor people who have no support.
My 5 year old has been paying a bit to much attention.
She created a wee plan which she put into force this morning. As my partner was dropping her to school she let out a fake cough as she walked past her teacher (an obvious fake cough) the teacher took no notice. My partner gave my wee girl a hug and said bye. My daughter said "that's not fair. If we have a cough we have to stay home, I've got a cough" she then let out another fake cough. 10 for effort 😂😂

The black plague wiz a bit ae a bastaart,previously we were happy that the plague of locusts wiz confined tae Egypt............ya cheeky feckers!
In the aftermath of the Big Bang, the single-celled organism known as the Micklapod crawled from the primordial electric soup and began his ascension up the evolutionary ladder.

At an inexact epoch, the Micklapod acquired consciousness and thus began the occurrence of sentient life.

Diplodocus Duffy then ruled the Earth for several million years, before too many fags took their toll and the next phase of evolution took shape.

From ape through to son of God, The life of Duffy has witnessed all of the major historical events which have shaped the development of man.

An immortal and omnipresent force, Duffyman will likely be the one who switches the lights off when the Sun burns it's last dying embers.

Back