Hypocrisy

Steven Gerrard must be wearing earplugs at home and away matches in Scotland.

Otherwise, he would be well aware of the vile racist rantings of his own club's supporters. Every match, without exception.

I believe he is as disgusted by racism, as we all are. But he should attempt to tackle it in his own back yard first.

Do not be selective where you want to highlight it, Mr. Gerrard.

It does a disservice to those who suffer from, and stand up to it every day.

Gerrard by his silence makes him complicit in my view…..he knows the score…

If one day Scotland gains its independence and strives to rejoin the EU, every member state will have a veto. This diplomatic spat cause by TheRangers and the 'arse-licking' media really doesn't show Scotland in a favourable light. I have lived and worked in the Czech Republic these past 23 years and it is far from a perfect image of racial harmony, but the crap spouted about Czech kids is sure to lead to issues down the road. Scotland's shame are creating roadblocks that are slowing Scotland's progress. This will not blow over in a couple of weeks.

Interesting point.

Perhaps then, there’s political method in their madness…

I work with kids and the race card gets played at every given opportunity.
Of course it has to get investigated and rightly so.
I can also remember an FTP and wee fenian directed at another child during a kids football match, was it investigated no it was classed as banter.
Only in Scotland will you get selective hearing, reporting, when it comes to anything Irish or Catholicism.

Last edited:
Interesting point.

Perhaps then, there’s political method in their madness…
I am a business education consultant and was with a new client on Thursday. When I mentioned I was a Scot he was less than happy. This spat caused by theRangers is causing real life trouble. No matter how good the reputation of Celtic is across Europe, it is trumped by the terrible reputation of theRangers.

A TOP Czech lawyer has demanded an apology from Rangers star Glen Kamara's brief, Aamer Anwar and Livingston No.2 Marvin Bartley for their comments about racism in the country.

Because if not, he will drag them through the Prague courts.

UEFA this week announced they will take no action after Rangers' controversial Europa League match at Sparta Prague, where 10,000 children appeared to boo Kamara, who was sent off in a defeat for Steven Gerrard's side.

Kamara suffered racist abuse last season from Slavia Prague defender Ondrej Kudela, who was later handed a ten-match ban from UEFA, which he has taken to the Swiss-based Court of Arbitration for Sport to appeal.

Anwar slaughtered UEFA for taking no action, but it's his previous comments about the Czech Republic having a 'culture of denial' and a 'deep-rooted problem with racism in Czech society' that has prompted the action by the owner of a Prague law firm Adam Batuna.

He has taken steps to take action against the Finnish international lawyer's comments and also wants an apology from SFA Equality And Diversity Advisor Bartley, who too heavily criticised the Czechs.

He explained: "It offends me to hear that I am a racist. I live in Prague, I have a lot of friends of different skin colours and what I read from Mr Anwar appalled me.

"His contributions show that he considers not only Prague people, but also the Czech Republic in general to be a country that has a big problem with racism. And I don't think any nation and any city can like such claims.

"Everyone has the right to an opinion, we have freedom of speech. But there must be no dishonesty, which is definitely the case here. These are not only Mr Anwar's tweets, but also the statement of Marvin Bartley who compared Czech parents and children to rotten fruit.

"My friends and I said we couldn't leave it at that. As a lawyer, I was asked to act.

"We will demand that the gentlemen apologise for their statements and for damaging the good name of the Czechs and Praguers. Sure, you can find racists in every country. But it is not possible to apply such a comment to everyone.

We are looking for a way to bring an action before the Czech courts, under Czech law, which is now more complicated than before due to the withdrawal of Great Britain from the European Union. I believe that within a few days we will know how we are doing.

"If they were to apologise, then I wouldn't file a lawsuit, but that doesn't seem very likely and I can say that in the case for the protection of a good name, the chances of success are great."

A TOP Czech lawyer has demanded an apology from Rangers star Glen Kamara's brief, Aamer Anwar and Livingston No.2 Marvin Bartley for their comments about racism in the country.

Because if not, he will drag them through the Prague courts.

UEFA this week announced they will take no action after Rangers' controversial Europa League match at Sparta Prague, where 10,000 children appeared to boo Kamara, who was sent off in a defeat for Steven Gerrard's side.

Kamara suffered racist abuse last season from Slavia Prague defender Ondrej Kudela, who was later handed a ten-match ban from UEFA, which he has taken to the Swiss-based Court of Arbitration for Sport to appeal.

Anwar slaughtered UEFA for taking no action, but it's his previous comments about the Czech Republic having a 'culture of denial' and a 'deep-rooted problem with racism in Czech society' that has prompted the action by the owner of a Prague law firm Adam Batuna.

He has taken steps to take action against the Finnish international lawyer's comments and also wants an apology from SFA Equality And Diversity Advisor Bartley, who too heavily criticised the Czechs.

He explained: "It offends me to hear that I am a racist. I live in Prague, I have a lot of friends of different skin colours and what I read from Mr Anwar appalled me.

"His contributions show that he considers not only Prague people, but also the Czech Republic in general to be a country that has a big problem with racism. And I don't think any nation and any city can like such claims.

"Everyone has the right to an opinion, we have freedom of speech. But there must be no dishonesty, which is definitely the case here. These are not only Mr Anwar's tweets, but also the statement of Marvin Bartley who compared Czech parents and children to rotten fruit.

"My friends and I said we couldn't leave it at that. As a lawyer, I was asked to act.

"We will demand that the gentlemen apologise for their statements and for damaging the good name of the Czechs and Praguers. Sure, you can find racists in every country. But it is not possible to apply such a comment to everyone.

We are looking for a way to bring an action before the Czech courts, under Czech law, which is now more complicated than before due to the withdrawal of Great Britain from the European Union. I believe that within a few days we will know how we are doing.

"If they were to apologise, then I wouldn't file a lawsuit, but that doesn't seem very likely and I can say that in the case for the protection of a good name, the chances of success are great."
Gain yir self an haul their arses intae court an give them a bloody nose 👍

After last week's general election, the Czech Republic is likely to have a new premier (Petr Fiala). Fiala is a real stickler for preserving reputation (if a little too right-wing for my taste). This spat has not gone away. The people of Prague (Pražané) are not in a forgiving mood. Fiala will be like a dog with a bone over this.

After last week's general election, the Czech Republic is likely to have a new premier (Petr Fiala). Fiala is a real stickler for preserving reputation (if a little too right-wing for my taste). This spat has not gone away. The people of Prague (Pražané) are not in a forgiving mood. Fiala will be like a dog with a bone over this.
Are people in Prague aware that sevco are the most racist club on this island? Someone needs to inform the Czechs about who sevco are and the type of low intelligence lowlifes that support them.

Says it all when its the inhabitants of another country entirely that refuse to accept the disgusting racist behaviour which they exhibit.
Here in the best wee country in the world everyone is either shite feart to tackle them or complicit ,hence they do as they fecking please.
Right behind this lawyer and the Czech people on this.
Sevco having the audacity to call out racism..I mean..ffs….its psychopathic behaviour it really is.

Back