'I miss everything about Celtic. And I always will,' Kieran Tierney

You really can't, and previous salary is irrelevant. It was stupid of Arsenal to pay that amount for KT, but stupid is as stupid does. Especially if he's not 100 percent, and may never be again. I think this is called "take the money and run." As someone who would have bet my mortgage that Tierney would stay -- "Tierney of Arsenal just never sounds as good as Tierney of Celtic" -- I wish he would have stayed, but he didn't. That doesn't erase the fact that he'd been in the Celtic system since he was 7.

Um, not quite. The previous manager left in the dead of night, Tierney left at the end of the season.

If he was just interested in money, he wouldn't have come back to Hampden with his jaw wired after the game where we had beat Aberdeen. You need to give the kid a break.
I'm afraid I don't agree with ye here Larry. Previous salary has everything to do with it. He was on serious dough and he was offered more and he took the money and ran. Plain and simple. If he had to go to man city or someone like that, well then you could say the money was a consequence of goin to a successful team, but fuckin arsenal, gimme a break.
As far as him returning to Hamden after the hospital, what has tha to do with anything? I would have done the same myself. I grew up with the gaa Larry. No money for playing. The club is the heart of every community. There's a saying in the gaa "one life, one Club". To me there's more to life than money.
Yes Rogers absconded in the middle of the night, but he did it for the exact same reason as Tierney. More dough! That's the bottom line here, they were both on extortionate wages as they were, they were both (supposedly) living the dream, but when the bigger wedge of cash was waved at them, it was a case of fuck the dream.
I have said it already, I've no ill will towards Tierney, but spare me the vomit inducing "I miss Celtic". "Please don't hate me".
Like Rogers he traded immortality for cash.

Members online

Latest posts

Back