'I miss everything about Celtic. And I always will,' Kieran Tierney

I'm afraid I don't agree with ye here Larry.
Guess we're going to have to agree to disagree here.
As far as him returning to Hamden after the hospital, what has tha to do with anything?
Despite the fact I know you're smart enough, I'm sorry you don't see it. Let me explain it to you a little better: If it was all about money for Tierney and NOT the club, do you think he would have made the trip back to hoist the trophy? If it was just about the money, he'd have gone home and said "fuck it." But he didn't. That is only one of many, many examples about how much the kid displayed his love of Celtic for the better part of a decade and a half.

Also, I don't think money was the only reason. Bear in mind that Celtic play in a league fraught with hammerthrowers bent on slamming Celtic players and are able to go their merry way by referees turning a blind eye to blatant fouls. Chances are you have probably said the same thing about the league yourself. Add to this the fact that he could be irreversibly injured thanks to the aforementioned treatment of Celtic players. Why shouldn't he play in a league where the officiating is more "even," and get paid a king's ransom to do so in the process? That's why I don't fault him.

I don't care if it's Arsenal, Man City, Barca or anyone else -- it's pretty much irrelevant where he went. What this article tells me is that this kid who went off to find his riches -- just as a child leaves his or her family to gain his or her fortune -- still has the ability, and the right, to miss his or her family. You can disagree with this -- and I really don't care if you do -- but I still consider Tierney "family."
I have said it already, I've no ill will towards Tierney, but spare me the vomit inducing "I miss Celtic". "Please don't hate me".
Like Rogers he traded immortality for cash.
You're way off the mark on the Rodgers/Tierney comparison. It took a lot more for Tierney to leave than Rodgers. Rodgers was blatantly opportunistic -- outside of his tenure as gaffer, he has no history with the club. Good riddance to him.

Rodgers had no roots with Celtic. Tierney did. I believe Tierney misses Celtic. It doesn't make me nauseous that he said that. I miss Tierney and wish he were here. I don't hate him, and no one should. I get it, I wish him the best, and I don't say shitty things about him while hypocritically backpedaling in saying, "I have no ill will toward Tierney . . ."

Despite the fact I know you're smart enough, I'm sorry you don't see it. Let me explain it to you a little better: If it was all about money for Tierney and NOT the club, do you think he would have made the trip back to hoist the trophy? If it was just about the money, he'd have gone home and said "fuck it." But he didn't. That is only one of many, many examples about how much the kid displayed his love of Celtic for the better part of a decade and a half.

Also, I don't think money was the only reason. Bear in mind that Celtic play in a league fraught with hammerthrowers bent on slamming Celtic players and are able to go their merry way by referees turning a blind eye to blatant fouls. Chances are you have probably said the same thing about the league yourself. Add to this the fact that he could be irreversibly injured thanks to the aforementioned treatment of Celtic players. Why shouldn't he play in a league where the officiating is more "even," and get paid a king's ransom to do so in the process? That's why I don't fault him.

I don't care if it's Arsenal, Man City, Barca or anyone else -- it's pretty much irrelevant where he went. What this article tells me is that this kid who went off to find his riches -- just as a child leaves his or her family to gain his or her fortune -- still has the ability, and the right, to miss his or her family. You can disagree with this -- and I really don't care if you do -- but I still consider Tierney "family."

You're way off the mark on the Rodgers/Tierney comparison. It took a lot more for Tierney to leave than Rodgers. Rodgers was blatantly opportunistic -- outside of his tenure as gaffer, he has no history with the club. Good riddance to him.

Rodgers had no roots with Celtic. Tierney did. I believe Tierney misses Celtic. It doesn't make me nauseous that he said that. I miss Tierney and wish he were here. I don't hate him, and no one should. I get it, I wish him the best, and I don't say shitty things about him while hypocritically backpedaling in saying, "I have no ill will toward Tierney . . ."
👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

Articulate and heartfelt Larry.....I enjoyed reading that

No harm to ye Larry, but I don't need you or anyone else on here to explain anything to me about Celtic. I was born and bred with Celtic running through my veins.
Your definition of saying somethin shitty about someone obviously differs from me. I have said fuck all shitty about Kieran Tierney, infact I don't really give a shit about him. He left for more money, that is the bottom line here, which you fail to admit. Rodgers left for more money. Same fuckin thing in my eyes. Both men can dress it up whatever way they like. I am not holding ill will towards either men, I really don't give a fuck about either of them.
There is not one thing you or anyone else can say to me that will change my opinion on that matter.
You have your opinion, I have mine. Move on!

Tierney had it all at CP but still he wanted to leave to test himself in the epl and for a far higher salary. I'll always look back fondly on the performances he delivered for the club, but it was HIS choice to leave fair enough but my hero worship of KT ended with his Celtic career. To me hes just another Celtic fan/former player of which there are many like dembele for 1. I'm no more of an arsenal sympathiser now than before he signed. As for the £25million he brought the club? Well there are many others who deserve credit for that as well , ronny deila, tommy burns to name but a couple. Good luck to him, he'll need it.

I would say that hes less of a Celtic man than Larsson, my reasoning for this thinking is that Larsson gave his prime years to the club when he had many suitors and when he left, as massive a blow as it was , he went with the clubs blessing for services rendered. Just my opinion , but Larsson would never have left Celtic for arsenal even back then when they had Henry in the side. If larsson was leaving it was to a club with designs on the big cup, something he secured (as we all knew he would) with barca , only 1 king of kings

I would say that hes less of a Celtic man than Larsson, my reasoning for this thinking is that Larsson gave his prime years to the club when he had many suitors and when he left, as massive a blow as it was , he went with the clubs blessing for services rendered. Just my opinion , but Larsson would never have left Celtic for arsenal even back then when they had Henry in the side. If larsson was leaving it was to a club with designs on the big cup, something he secured (as we all knew he would) with barca , only 1 king of kings

Mostly agree with what you said about Larrson however it has to be said that circa Seville years, he was one of the top paid players in the UK....it was a few years after that the wages went mental

Mostly agree with what you said about Larrson however it has to be said that circa Seville years, he was one of the top paid players in the UK....it was a few years after that the wages went mental
True Docco but many forget about the offers he kod to stay with Celtic man utd made an offer that was laughed out the door , barca only got him at the 2nd time of trying and by then hed given us 7 of his best years , juve, both Milan's also tried to sign him . Luckily for us he was a man of honour that stuck to the contract he signed. Celtic didn't give him the big money to keep him it was reward for his services as he went to Barca for a nominal sum something ridiculous like £1 million but that was Celtic's way of a thank you for being loyal that when barca came back there was a gentleman's agreement he could go. I've always believed that had we won in Seville hed have stayed. KT was a fans favourite academy player come good but the fact he jumped ship to the first big club shows me the difference is night and day ✌☘

Members online

Latest posts

Back