'I think I know how to win titles,' Lennon hits back at 'New Breed' of Celtic supporters

Terrific. Well said. Lennon knows exactly what he's dealing with - from journos with an angle, to an internet full of hysterical snowflakes cracking like fragile crystalware over one bad result and performance amid ANOTHER treble.

It's been like the fucking Blackadder witch trials since Sunday.

we're all better and more qualified for the job than N.L (me included!) depending on the day,how much Stella and chardonnay has been guzzled,ah want Lenny to get the gig on other day's ah don't, damn this fickleness! HH

So much for the dross published by a certain blogger who claimed Celtic were currently interviewing 6 applicants for the manager job - interviews that were being overseen by DD himself. They're not even talking to people until after the cup final, lol. This blogger is a bigger source of misinformation than the Scottish mainstream media when it comes to Celtic. He claims to have all these anonymous links inside Celtic, yet every single true thing he says has been reported elsewhere before he says it, while most of the stuff he says turns out to be false, at which point he and his fanboys clam up and just roll on as if nothing happened. No questions asked.

I only point this out as I see Celtic fans share his stuff on a regular basis, thinking it to be truth when it's just nonsense.
If were talking about The same person I don't read his stuff. As soon as I see the words "according to Phil" I'm out. Even A broken clock is right twice a day

This guy recently said that 'a source close to Neil Lennon' told him that even Neil Lennon had to be 'sold' the Celtic job lol. As Maria alluded to, this utter guff was shared by James Forrest uncritically - he actually called that clearly made up post 'excellent'. Does Neil Lennon sound like he needs to be 'sold' the Celtic job? I know what Maria is saying - most Celtic fans know it's bullshit, but, from what I see and hear, there are many who don't. And as The verdict1 says, this shit can damage morale - this guy was claiming all kinds of rubbish for the entire season about transfers. James Forrest continues to pump out his pish.

????. You know the score, Niall. Glad to see free thought like freewill alive n kicking in your circles

Respect

Forget about bloggers!!!
The reality is that NL put out a team against The Rangers who failed to work hard. I can forgive bad tactics, I can forgive lack of talent but it is completely unforgivable for our players not to give it their all. If the manager cannot get a work ethic out of his squad what chance anything else.
I agree we have a very big summer ahead and our Board best realise the next two leagues are on the line.
HH
Cant get a work ethic AGAINST THE ??no less. Shocking.

Terrific. Well said. Lennon knows exactly what he's dealing with - from journos with an angle, to an internet full of hysterical snowflakes cracking like fragile crystalware over one bad result and performance amid ANOTHER treble.

It's been like the fucking Blackadder witch trials since Sunday.

It isnt one bad result though is it. We've been pish aw season and are about to win the Treble because of other teams pishiness and a will to get over the line that had dissipated by the time we got to the ??dome. Snowflakes? That's nonsense, if you think nothing is amiss then you aren't paying attention. Every one on here knows you are paying attention. Snowflakes ffs

When the filth on the zombie bench got tore into the 4th mib after Broonie got decked from Flanagan, NFL in the past would have kicked up a major stink on the touchline, he didn't, that might mean he knows he's not getting the job imo.
Don't think i seen him lose his temper once on Sunday,ano he said he's mellowed with age but how could you stay calm watchin that gutless performance.

I enjoyed that!
All he's done is have the opportunity to his right of reply and he's taken it. For every single person giving it out (with good reasoning or not), they are entitled to their opinion expressed on phone ins, social media, websites the lot. His opportunity comes once a week at his press conference and his openness and honesty about how he felt and how he has been portrayed is refreshing in my book, as is his ability to hit back with his own reasoning as to why he think's it's happening and why he perceives it as unfair. He wasn't asking anyone to agree with him, just saying it as he sees it. All's fair in my book. Most of us were taught to stand up for ourselves too. I'd even suggest there is more he'd like to say and how he's like to say but kids watch Celtic TV!!:censored:

I enjoyed that!
All he's done is have the opportunity to his right of reply and he's taken it. For every single person giving it out (with good reasoning or not), they are entitled to their opinion expressed on phone ins, social media, websites the lot. His opportunity comes once a week at his press conference and his openness and honesty about how he felt and how he has been portrayed is refreshing in my book, as is his ability to hit back with his own reasoning as to why he think's it's happening and why he perceives it as unfair. He wasn't asking anyone to agree with him, just saying it as he sees it. All's fair in my book. Most of us were taught to stand up for ourselves too. I'd even suggest there is more he'd like to say and how he's like to say but kids watch Celtic TV!!:censored:
He 100 % entitled to say it but he's wide of the mark. And if he thinks it's just the millenials ? that think he's doing a pish job he's out of touch.

It isnt one bad result though is it. We've been pish aw season and are about to win the Treble because of other teams pishiness and a will to get over the line that had dissipated by the time we got to the ??dome. Snowflakes? That's nonsense, if you think nothing is amiss then you aren't paying attention. Every one on here knows you are paying attention. Snowflakes ffs

But the will to get over the line had dissipated because we WERE over the line.

Yes, the season has been marked by poor performances, but so was last season. (e.g 0-0 with Dundee April 4th after winning at Mordor.)

We brought in nobody of lasting impact this season - the transfer windows were wrecked by Rodgers' narcissim.

Lennon was parachuted in to do a very difficult job - rally a bunch of young men who work together, play together and live together for a large part of the year under huge pressure of expectation. Their guru, a man to whose methods they had invested their belief and talents for nearly three years, had quit overnight with his coaches; the entire framework of their working life.

Regardless of their ability, their lead - 8 points - a massive part of top-level football relies on self-belief; Lennon's job was to get the players' heads back in the game, try to stem the surge of expectant Huns, to find some kind of continuity, and get through the last dozen games with the lead intact. The blood was in the water, the sharks circling. What he did cannot be underestimated.

He lost one league game when the league was won. It was their cup final. They celebrated like they'd won the Champions League. They still are. Shows you how desperate they've become.
Our 'cup final' was beating them at CP. A game we could have been out of sight in until the loss of pattern and belief (there it is again) in the second-half. Thankfully the players had enough in the tank and won it. They did the job, like the manager, when it really counted.

So, aye, snowflakes - some of the panic has been comical. Some of the condemnation ridiculous. Some of the sheer inability to recognise context bewildering. Aye we were bad, and got what we deserved and everyone moaned about it, me included. But others? Crucifying Celtic and a man like Lennon for a nothing result in a nothing game. Ranting like armchair Mourinhos; no respect, no grasp of the reality of the situation. I've read and heard some pretty extreme views the past few days. Bile and nonsense. Irrational opinion bordering on loathing. Fuck them.

The only thing that matters about the Celtic job for the next two seasons is winning the TEN.

Course I don't think there's nothing amiss; but I do think there needs to be a settled environment again before we start calling in the fucking space marines.

To start a long-term fix, the players must believe in the manager. If they believe in Lenny, he's the man. If he's lost the dressing room, he's not.

Given the unique circumstances of what has transpired in the second-half of this season, winning the treble would be fantastic.

But THE most important day of the season, and the next two will be Monday, May 27th. It will be a day for decision-making by cool heads, in the real world.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back