'I think I know how to win titles,' Lennon hits back at 'New Breed' of Celtic supporters

Sorry Neil , but I am not , nor are quite a few on this site , ''a new breed of Celtic supporter '' .

I remember the 1990's ( though I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning ! ) but I also remember the greatest team we ever had back in the 1960's .
Comparing YOUR achievements with the 1990's team is only acceptable if I can compare YOUR achievements with those of the 1960's team . There can only be one winner in that comparison .

But this comparison is just a distraction , isn't it , Neil ? You feel under pressure due to results and performances - and that is what you are being judged on - NOT comparison with the 1990's or 1960's teams .
Thank you for all your years helping Celtic to trophies - but to suggest that because YOU were involved in these triumphs that that is enough to get you the gig today is a bit disingenuous .

Time moves on - players move on - so do managers !

HH
Personally I thought it was a good interview, and when he talks about a new breed of supporters I think he's right in what he's saying my 21 year old only knows success at CP. When he talks about the 1990 he's talking about the shit we as supporters went through compared to the supporters of today, I don't think he was comparing teams. Talking about his time here as a player and manager now and in the past is that not called a CV, Which we all do going for a new job??

Personally I thought it was a good interview, and when he talks about a new breed of supporters I think he's right in what he's saying my 21 year old only knows success at CP. When he talks about the 1990 he's talking about the shit we as supporters went through compared to the supporters of today, I don't think he was comparing teams. Talking about his time here as a player and manager now and in the past is that not called a CV, Which we all do going for a new job??

Jinxy67 : points well made -- but my reading of his remarks were that those criticising were only the younger supporters . Frankly that would make no sense as Lenny claimed that we have had almost constant success since 2000 , so why would THEY be criticising now with a Treble Treble within reach ?

Much of the criticism is of the team's performances ( and that was true earlier in this season under BR ) although it has to be said that , bar one or two , they have been very flat under Lenny.

I personally would like to see someone different ( Who? - don't ask , I don't know ! ) as I feel the whole club ( team and management ) needs an injection of new ideas .
Yes , I know that we are going for a third Treble - but it is plain for everyone to see that we are treading water as a team .
HH

Jinxy67 : points well made -- but my reading of his remarks were that those criticising were only the younger supporters . Frankly that would make no sense as Lenny claimed that we have had almost constant success since 2000 , so why would THEY be criticising now with a Treble Treble within reach ?

Much of the criticism is of the team's performances ( and that was true earlier in this season under BR ) although it has to be said that , bar one or two , they have been very flat under Lenny.

I personally would like to see someone different ( Who? - don't ask , I don't know ! ) as I feel the whole club ( team and management ) needs an injection of new ideas .
Yes , I know that we are going for a third Treble - but it is plain for everyone to see that we are treading water as a team .
HH
I can't disagree with any of that, were on the same wavelength here,because I don't think Lenny is the answer for the new manager. I thought we would have won the league a couple of weeks earlier. Then he could have shown us his way for the last few games. He let himself down by NOT playing his way

Terrific. Well said. Lennon knows exactly what he's dealing with - from journos with an angle, to an internet full of hysterical snowflakes cracking like fragile crystalware over one bad result and performance amid ANOTHER treble.

It's been like the fucking Blackadder witch trials since Sunday.

Sorry Neil , but I am not , nor are quite a few on this site , ''a new breed of Celtic supporter '' .

I remember the 1990's ( though I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning ! ) but I also remember the greatest team we ever had back in the 1960's .
Comparing YOUR achievements with the 1990's team is only acceptable if I can compare YOUR achievements with those of the 1960's team . There can only be one winner in that comparison .

But this comparison is just a distraction , isn't it , Neil ? You feel under pressure due to results and performances - and that is what you are being judged on - NOT comparison with the 1990's or 1960's teams .
Thank you for all your years helping Celtic to trophies - but to suggest that because YOU were involved in these triumphs that that is enough to get you the gig today is a bit disingenuous .

Time moves on - players move on - so do managers !

HH
this
nfl is tryin 2 deflect, tryin 2 say look at me n how great i hav been 4 u wiv a treble! when on his recent record we wud not hav won d league!
no comparison to what tommy burns almost did against all d odds, no comparison to wim or mon.
if we win d cup Pete will prop use d moment 2 hire nfl, but why! when any of us cud pick a team from d squad to beat the hun tarts, even a brand new trump like blimp full o hot air could guide Celtic 2 a win.
Celtic can do better, we need a big character now, Slaven Bilic fits d bill, took west ham 2 highest ever position, another wiv a tmper but at least Slaven looks a poss physical threat 2 respect b4 respondin, bet players just instant rage or laugh inside wiv someone like nfl tryin 2 dish out abuse.

The cheek of us, having aspirations eh? We'll be expecting to beat the huns in every game as well. Wit we like.
I already do expect us to beat the huns in every game... and every other team in Scotland since we have the bigest budget, the biggest salary bill (which ought to buy skill and attitude) and the best squad. It grinds my gears when Celtic doesn't win, especially if it is a tame capitulation.

Back