'I think I know how to win titles,' Lennon hits back at 'New Breed' of Celtic supporters

Sorry Neil , but I am not , nor are quite a few on this site , ''a new breed of Celtic supporter '' .

I remember the 1990's ( though I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning ! ) but I also remember the greatest team we ever had back in the 1960's .
Comparing YOUR achievements with the 1990's team is only acceptable if I can compare YOUR achievements with those of the 1960's team . There can only be one winner in that comparison .

But this comparison is just a distraction , isn't it , Neil ? You feel under pressure due to results and performances - and that is what you are being judged on - NOT comparison with the 1990's or 1960's teams .
Thank you for all your years helping Celtic to trophies - but to suggest that because YOU were involved in these triumphs that that is enough to get you the gig today is a bit disingenuous .

Time moves on - players move on - so do managers !

HH

Neil Lennon has come out strong this morning to defend himself against the negativity directed at him by what he describes as a 'New Breed' of Celtic supporter - the ones too young to remember the bad old days of the 1990s. Here's what he's had to say...

https://thecelticstar.com/i-think-i...-hits-back-at-new-breed-of-celtic-supporters/

Well i remember the 90’s too well and if NFL thinks the lacklustre dross we got served, weekend past, is good enough he is talkin out a hole in his arse.

Whilst the players offered nothing where was his direction and managing the situation in real time?
Im a fan of lenny he was my original scott brown only broony’s better imho.

Stand up n be counted lenny. What did you do?

Neil Lennon has come out strong this morning to defend himself against the negativity directed at him by what he describes as a 'New Breed' of Celtic supporter - the ones too young to remember the bad old days of the 1990s. Here's what he's had to say...

https://thecelticstar.com/i-think-i...-hits-back-at-new-breed-of-celtic-supporters/
I do agree there's a new breed used only to success. I don't agree I'm auld cos I can remember the 90s WTF? ? it's a comment born out of frustration from lenny and also the support. It must be tough for lenny knowing the quite large majority dont want him, especially after what he's given us. it's not just the new breed who are discontented. Lifelong support are as well. Only at Celtic can a club be 90 minutes from a treble treble and still the supporters unhappy.

I do agree there's a new breed used only to success. I don't agree I'm auld cos I can remember the 90s WTF? ? it's a comment born out of frustration from lenny and also the support. It must be tough for lenny knowing the quite large majority dont want him, especially after what he's given us. it's not just the new breed who are discontented. Lifelong support are as well. Only at Celtic can a club be 90 minutes from a treble treble and still the supporters unhappy.

Excellent opening line Winter ano WTF

Does he mean we aren’t going to stand for players and managers not fit to represent us? If so, he is bang on.

I too suffered the 90’s and never again should we accept leadership that can’t cut it. Players that can’t cut it. Managers that can’t cut it. Neil, you can’t cut it and we can all see that.

You seem to be the only one who has a problem. We love you but, love isn’t enough. You aren’t enough. Do the right thing as a Celtic man and stand aside. No one gets a free bye no matter how much you love the club. We all do.

So much for the dross published by a certain blogger who claimed Celtic were currently interviewing 6 applicants for the manager job - interviews that were being overseen by DD himself. They're not even talking to people until after the cup final, lol. This blogger is a bigger source of misinformation than the Scottish mainstream media when it comes to Celtic. He claims to have all these anonymous links inside Celtic, yet every single true thing he says has been reported elsewhere before he says it, while most of the stuff he says turns out to be false, at which point he and his fanboys clam up and just roll on as if nothing happened. No questions asked.

I only point this out as I see Celtic fans share his stuff on a regular basis, thinking it to be truth when it's just nonsense.

So much for the dross published by a certain blogger who claimed Celtic were currently interviewing 6 applicants for the manager job - interviews that were being overseen by DD himself. They're not even talking to people until after the cup final, lol. This blogger is a bigger source of misinformation than the Scottish mainstream media when it comes to Celtic. He claims to have all these anonymous links inside Celtic, yet every single true thing he says has been reported elsewhere before he says it, while most of the stuff he says turns out to be false, at which point he and his fanboys clam up and just roll on as if nothing happened. No questions asked.

I only point this out as I see Celtic fans share his stuff on a regular basis, thinking it to be truth when it's just nonsense.

That blogger, he’s James Forrests bestie ???

This guy recently said that 'a source close to Neil Lennon' told him that even Neil Lennon had to be 'sold' the Celtic job lol. As Maria alluded to, this utter guff was shared by James Forrest uncritically - he actually called that clearly made up post 'excellent'. Does Neil Lennon sound like he needs to be 'sold' the Celtic job? I know what Maria is saying - most Celtic fans know it's bullshit, but, from what I see and hear, there are many who don't. And as The verdict1 says, this shit can damage morale - this guy was claiming all kinds of rubbish for the entire season about transfers. James Forrest continues to pump out his pish.

This guy recently said that 'a source close to Neil Lennon' told him that even Neil Lennon had to be 'sold' the Celtic job lol. As Maria alluded to, this utter guff was shared by James Forrest uncritically - he actually called that clearly made up post 'excellent'. Does Neil Lennon sound like he needs to be 'sold' the Celtic job? I know what Maria is saying - most Celtic fans know it's bullshit, but, from what I see and hear, there are many who don't. And as The verdict1 says, this shit can damage morale - this guy was claiming all kinds of rubbish for the entire season about transfers. James Forrest continues to pump out his pish.
Bang on about his 'stories ' I've read them elsewhere before I read his blog. I call them twatters

Forget about bloggers!!!
The reality is that NL put out a team against The Rangers who failed to work hard. I can forgive bad tactics, I can forgive lack of talent but it is completely unforgivable for our players not to give it their all. If the manager cannot get a work ethic out of his squad what chance anything else.
I agree we have a very big summer ahead and our Board best realise the next two leagues are on the line.
HH

I’m sure there is a new breed of fans, but there’s also a new breed of manager.

And having platforms like this give you the chance to state your case.

Neil seems even more intransigent than I remember. He has done a decent job, in less than ideal circumstances, and we all (obviously) appreciate it, but how he can downplay that performance from Sunday is beyond me.

He’s also spent the last 2 months telling us how he hasn’t changed anything from Rodgers’ time, when in actual fact he’s changed plenty.

Jonny Hayes spends his whole time on the pitch whipping blind crosses into an empty box.

And the whole squad have had more days off in that 2 month period than they had in the previous 2 years.

Most of the top managers don’t really do days off now. We’ve still got Lennon talking about how Martin O’Neill would tell the players to turn up on the Wednesday(after a game - 3 days off) with dear old Martin himself not turning up to the Friday.

For me the turning point would have been Ronny Deila coming from a tiny club in Norway and being mortified at the players fitness and diet, and since then we’ve constantly been improving in this department.

Even now though, to go along with what we’re hearing from Lennoxtown, we’ve got all the Hibs players say how much better/more thorough their new gaffer is, and that’s the ex Barnsley manager.

We all love Lenny, but the thought of him running the place over the next few years terrify me.

We need someone who is already at a good level, but that is also completely open to new ideas, and will demand improvements from everyone.

I’m sure there is a new breed of fans, but there’s also a new breed of manager.

And having platforms like this give you the chance to state your case.

Neil seems even more intransigent than I remember. He has done a decent job, in less than ideal circumstances, and we all (obviously) appreciate it, but how he can downplay that performance from Sunday is beyond me.

He’s also spent the last 2 months telling us how he hasn’t changed anything from Rodgers’ time, when in actual fact he’s changed plenty.

Jonny Hayes spends his whole time on the pitch whipping blind crosses into an empty box.

And the whole squad have had more days off in that 2 month period than they had in the previous 2 years.

Most of the top managers don’t really do days off now. We’ve still got Lennon talking about how Martin O’Neill would tell the players to turn up on the Wednesday(after a game - 3 days off) with dear old Martin himself not turning up to the Friday.

For me the turning point would have been Ronny Deila coming from a tiny club in Norway and being mortified at the players fitness and diet, and since then we’ve constantly been improving in this department.

Even now though, to go along with what we’re hearing from Lennoxtown, we’ve got all the Hibs players say how much better/more thorough their new gaffer is, and that’s the ex Barnsley manager.

We all love Lenny, but the thought of him running the place over the next few years terrify me.

We need someone who is already at a good level, but that is also completely open to new ideas, and will demand improvements from everyone.
Spot on Ronin ?

Good presser by NL, you could sense he's getting annoyed a bit. Hasn't got them eating out of the palm of his hand the way BR used to but he held his own and landed some punches about social media and negative press headlines. Heaped praise on the players rather than himself too. I got the feeling they were dying to pounce but you cant argue with the facts. Next 2 games will be interesting though.

Back