"I'd like to recommend Celtic Noise to fellow Celtic Supporters because..."

Just the Coupar Angus Road, but the widdies are fine, I used to walk big Red there and know them like the back of my hand.

They're quiet through the daytime anyway.
I worked for a firm called Concrete Repairs. We got the contract for repairs to the water tower at Clatto/ Templeton Woods about 1994-5. The bottom o the bowl was damaged by vandals who set a big fire under the bowl.
Me n my gaffer were there for the first week, ordering plant etc.
We had to get a security guard from Securitay. We got a portacabin and a phone line put in.
The security guard appeared about half past four. He had two things with him; a bottle of shampoo and an Alsatian dog. I thought wtf is going on here.
The next week me n the gaffer are sitting having oor dinner when the phone rang. It was BT, they said, are you aware that over £600 worth of calls had been made to 0898 premium phone lines on this line. All the calls coming after 5pm. The security guy was phoning the " choking the chicken" hotlines.
We got in touch with Securitay. They said they would pay the bill and dock his wages. Apparently he had previous for this and worked to pay his phone bills. My gaffer insisted we got a new guy though.
I often wondered what went on in that Buckie, A security guard, Shampoo, an Alsatian dog and the ham- shank hotline. God forgive them.
Tempy woods a very weird place with weirder people.
HH

Last edited:
I worked for a firm called Concrete Repairs. We got the contract for repairs to the water tower at Clatto/ Templeton Woods about 1994-5. The bottom o the bowl was damaged by vandals who set a big fire under the bowl.
We had to get a security guard from Securitay. We got a portacabin and a phone line put in.
The security guard appeared about half past four. He had two things with him; a bottle of shampoo and an Alsatian dog. I thought wtf is going on here.
The next week me n the gaffer are sitting having oor dinner when the phone rang. It was BT, they said, are you aware that over £600 worth of calls had been to 0898 premium phone lines on this line. All the calls coming after 5pm. The security guy was phoning the " choking the chicken" hotlines.
We got in touch with Securitay. They said they would pay the bill and dock his wages. Apparently he had previous for this and worked to pay his phone bills. My gaffer insisted we got a new guy though.
I often wondered what when on in that Buckie, A security guard, Shampoo, an Alsatian dog and the ham- shank hotline. God forgive them.
HH
Jeez......my Red was an Alsation too!!!!

Rich, I mean some of they Securitay guys? Where did they find them? There must be something like a security guard dog pound for they lads where Securitay just go and find the worst runts in the litter?

We had a couple work at our factory after it got tanned a couple of times. I mean nice enough fellas an all, but there were fuckin doors that had a higher IQ than those two and apparently they were their top men???

No long back fae Birky. No misadventures. Couple of dog walkers, but thankfully no doggers (or Securitay staff).

That was before the minimum wage too. I remember the adverts fae The Courier, Security guards wanted, must have own dog £1:30 an hour. I remember the guy who ran/owned Securitay... his name was Cheape. Really!
They had a fella worked the Highgate Centre in Lochee, Rich. He was a west-coaster, but he smelled of sulphur and his bag "clinked" when he was doing his rounds. By 2pm the fella was paralytic and the bairns by that way were merciless with him.

In spite of several charges of assault, the fella ended up getting a joab wie the council and thought he'd struck gold at getting paid £5.50 p/h.

I'll no mention his name, but he's a hun........go figure!

The next week me n the gaffer are sitting having oor dinner when the phone rang. It was BT, they said, are you aware that over £600 worth of calls had been made to 0898 premium phone lines on this line. All the calls coming after 5pm. The security guy was phoning the " choking the chicken" hotlines.
I often wondered what went on in that Buckie, A security guard, Shampoo, an Alsatian dog and the ham- shank hotline. God forgive them.
HH
That anywhere near Dundee by any chance ?

Cheers Richy
Remember that joke
Wee guy "Where you live ?"
Big guy "Dundee"
Wee guy "Fucking Dundee, there's only two things in that place, Hoors and Fitba players"
Big guy "Hey, ma wife's fae Dundee !!"
Wee guy "Which team does she play for ?"
I'll get my coat

Celtic Noise is like a big extended family with a kind, charitable and thoughtful heart.....full of witty, smart, opinionated and interesting characters.....at times dysfunctional.....but always inclusive.....the common denominator for me is a love of Celtic.....and the values and the culture we all share.....we might not always see eye to eye.....but we share a common bond....and that bond is Celtic

Members online

Latest posts

Back