Idah or Miovski

Idah or Miovski

• Idah

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Miovski

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
It will be doubtful if Celtic buy one of them never mind both. We are always at the coo's tail when it comes to splashing the cash in the transfer windows.

Our recruitment model of buying loads of young projects isn't what we need facing teams in the CL and that's where we're failing miserably. We are dominant in this country but we need players who can slot into the team asap.

Fans can identify where positions need bolstered but that never seems to be the Board's criteria. Speculate to accumulate doesn't seem to be a thing and we often end up with very middle-of-the-road signings, and often in positions we don't need covered immediately.

Although they both play with hearts of lions Taylor and Scales filled us with the fear yesterday and that left side is continually being targeted by the opposition. Scales because he's a bit of a ditherer and Taylor for his lack of height. This is no disrespect to them. Wee Reo is a fantastic player on his day but continues being bullied by cluggers because of his slight build to put him off his game and it works!

In essence, we need to build and strengthen with oven ready players with experience, energy and skills if we want to take the club to another level.

The gobshites will be given the money to go forth and rebuild and have already signed someone for next season. A nonentity for sure but at least they're off their arses and recruiting.
I thought Joey Barton, the rangers legend, said women shouldn't be commenting on the men's game. I think you have disproved that theory with that post. Great comments Shamrock

Brendan is quoted as saying - that I don’t know if we will get him (Idah) in the summer. The board will look into that.
The board should be looking into NOW. They always wait until the last minute.😡
And no more £2m projects. If you want improve in Europe, projects don’t work.

Brendan is quoted as saying - that I don’t know if we will get him (Idah) in the summer. The board will look into that.
The board should be looking into NOW. They always wait until the last minute.😡
And no more £2m projects. If you want improve in Europe, projects don’t work.
Norwich sacked their manager and have still to appoint a new one. Idah will go back to Norwich for pre season so there will be no quick deal. If he signs it’ll probably later in August

Norwich sacked their manager and have still to appoint a new one. Idah will go back to Norwich for pre season so there will be no quick deal. If he signs it’ll probably later in August
If your the new manager at Norwich you would be nuts to let Idah go...given how he has performed for us and mainly from the bench as well ...why would you let him go ?
Arguably he won us a double when you look at the key moments since January.
I think we've missed the boat here by not getting a loan to buy agreement.
I'm not in any way confident we will get the opportunity to sign him. A big miss for me.

If your the new manager at Norwich you would be nuts to let Idah go...given how he has performed for us and mainly from the bench as well ...why would you let him go ?
Arguably he won us a double when you look at the key moments since January.
I think we've missed the boat here by not getting a loan to buy agreement.
I'm not in any way confident we will get the opportunity to sign him. A big miss for me.
The one thing going for us is he wants to come here , had Norwich won promotion this may have been different but tough for Norwich to keep a wantaway

If we are to sign one of them in the summer who would it be?
Probably a similar transfer fee (around £5m), Miovski maybe slightly less.
Both lead the line very well, physical with good movement and can score. Miovski the better finisher but Idah offers more in the build up play.
Given the choice I'd maybe just stick with Idah but if Norwich price him out of our range then I'd be equally happy with Miovski.
I think BR would opt for Idah as he seems to prefer players from down south and has supposedly watched him since he was Leicester manager.
Idah is a no brainer for me - apart from already proving his worth I would always choose a Celtic fan where both were of equal merit. 🍀 🍀 🍀

I'm quite surprised at just how close this poll is
They are both excellent players, who would improve us. They offer something different, and we would be better having either of them, so no surprise it is close.

As I said, I'd buy both. We should not be waiting until Norwich appoint a new manager and then has a chance to assess his squad after the summer holidays. make Norwich an offer they can't refuse so their board have to tell their incoming manager that Idah would never be in his plans.

Don't try to tell me we cannot afford it either. We have ~£70m in the bank, have a guaranteed income of £10ms for the Champions League and in 2023 our annual revenue was a shade under 60% HIGHER than Norwich City's (£120m for us compared to their £75.6m). I'm sure they would be delighted to cash in for a bit part player to give the new manager funds to invest in a player he actually wants - especially now they have failed again to gain promotion.

And our cash reserves and turnover dwarfs that of the Sheepies, so why not buy both. This very affordable investment which is as low a risk as you could hope for when recruiting players.

A reminder that we splurged ~£10.5m on transfer fees last year on Palma, Oh, Holm, Tilio & Kwon. Apart from a short purple patch by Palma at the turn of the year, they have contributed little this season.

We also spent £7.3m on Nawrocki AND Lagerbielke, then brought in Nat Phillips on £24K/week, after wasting money on Kobayashi and allowing Jenz to leave early, who looked to be a very capable CB. IMO we'd have been better investing in one experienced CB to partner CCV (we had back up in Scales and Welsh - even if you think they are poor, they have still be used more than Nawrocki & Lagerbhoy). It would have been better to spend that same £7-8m on a player and paid them a decent salary (Nawrocki+Lager+Phillips were on £50K/week). For context, CCV cost us ~£6m (€7m) and is on £24K/week.

Idah is a no brainer for me - apart from already proving his worth I would always choose a Celtic fan where both were of equal merit. 🍀 🍀 🍀
I watched Icons of Football with Frank McAvennie last night on BBC Scotland. He said that the Centenary double team had a wee bit o something extra that allowed them to put Deidco and their money back in their box, he said “we were all Celtic supporters”

Clearout the project players , players on loan who are not going to make it. Oh and Yang, kwon , Mikey Johnson, and lagerbhoy ,Tillio . These are just the tip of the iceberg 🧊. Let's see who Brendan brings in in quality who are starters straight away.

Idah has proved he can handle the pressure of always being expected to win playing against the low block. Miovski has done it at Aberdeen but Idah has done it at Celtic.
We don’t know if Miovski can handle the pressure that comes with being a Celtic player, we know Idah can.
Can he score goals in the Champions League though?

Members online

Latest posts

Back