IDENTITY

Spherical Planet

This is a bit of a drunken long shot, but here goes......

In the last 30-years, Our Club has been equally blessed and cursed by foreign imports. From Henrik, Lubo and Naka to Mizuno, Juninho and Scheidt. The failures have probably outweighed the successes.

The point I'm trying to make is, is that there's something in the DNA, something in the genetics, something in the blood that identifies an individual as knowing what it means to be Celtic.

Forget nationality, forget culture, forget history, forget any circumstances that you care to imagine. There is a special material inside an individual that gets what it's all about.

From Big Jock to Mikael Lustig. From Kenny and Danny right through to whoever our next hero is going to be - we are contagious, we are infectious, we get under your skin and you will love us.

Tomorrow evening a bunch of ragtags, bairns and misfits will wear a shirt like no other, representing a club like no other and they will be presented with the opportunity to be written into our folklore.

They have the chance to find themselves. They have the chance to shine. They have the opportunity to carve their initials into the beautiful canvas that is Celtic.

I believe that football has lost its heart and soul. I believe that football is nothing more than a platform to let semi-talented young men earn extraordinary amounts of gold, silver and bronze. No passion. No loyalty. No love. No obligation. No responsibility.

Tomorrow evening that same very bunch of ragtags, bairns and misfits can change my opinion and play for a CAUSE. Something beyond money and personal gain. Something that every single one of us can identify with. Something we can be proud of. Something and someone we will walk alongside until the very bitterest of ends.

A new era is upon us. New hope and new expectations, but all we ask for is those chosen few to remember who they represent and to remember who we are.

Do your very best and we will forgive

Try your very hardest and we will remember.

This is your identity boys. This is who you are and you will be remembered by the blood, sweat and tears you were prepared to give.

We all know who we are, this is your chance to join us

Mon the Celts

In the last 30-years, Our Club has been equally blessed and cursed by foreign imports. From Henrik, Lubo and Naka to Mizuno, Juninho and Scheidt. The failures have probably outweighed the successes.

The point I'm trying to make is, is that there's something in the DNA, something in the genetics, something in the blood that identifies an individual as knowing what it means to be Celtic.

Forget nationality, forget culture, forget history, forget any circumstances that you care to imagine. There is a special material inside an individual that gets what it's all about.

From Big Jock to Mikael Lustig. From Kenny and Danny right through to whoever our next hero is going to be - we are contagious, we are infectious, we get under your skin and you will love us.

Tomorrow evening a bunch of ragtags, bairns and misfits will wear a shirt like no other, representing a club like no other and they will be presented with the opportunity to be written into our folklore.

They have the chance to find themselves. They have the chance to shine. They have the opportunity to carve their initials into the beautiful canvas that is Celtic.

I believe that football has lost its heart and soul. I believe that football is nothing more than a platform to let semi-talented young men earn extraordinary amounts of gold, silver and bronze. No passion. No loyalty. No love. No obligation. No responsibility.

Tomorrow evening that same very bunch of ragtags, bairns and misfits can change my opinion and play for a CAUSE. Something beyond money and personal gain. Something that every single one of us can identify with. Something we can be proud of. Something and someone we will walk alongside until the very bitterest of ends.

A new era is upon us. New hope and new expectations, but all we ask for is those chosen few to remember who they represent and to remember who we are.

This is your identity boys. This is who you are and you will be remembered by the blood, sweat and tears you were prepared to give.

Mon the

Pin that up in our dressing room

Mon the Celts
That should be on Celtic Star 🌟 tomorrow.

Mon the Celts
I salute you sir. Words can indeed be the most powerful of weapons. Your use of those words is extraordinarily powerful.

Mon the Celts
Beautifully written SP. Straight from the heart! 💚

Mon the Celts
HH YNWA 👏

SP, seriously mate, if that's you drunk, your talent is wasted in whatever field you are currently employed in
You write more eloquently, and make more sense, than most of the hacks employed throughout the country, meant in the good way of course

Well said

And Cairnsy is right
You Will Never Walk Alone

HH

Last edited:

Members online

Back