IF EVER

I thought scottish football brought in a law years ago, maybe 15 or 20 years ago saying clubs with plastic pitches couldn't get promoted to the Premier league. Does anyone remember that? What changed? Am I just making this up? 😟
I can't remember anything about no plastic pitches, but there were rules about compulsory under-soil heating and minimum 10,000 seat stadia. This random number was plucked out of someone's arse and was greater than the average attendance of half of the league. Raith Rovers got into financial difficulties building a new stand that was empty most games and Inverness CT had to travel 100 miles down the horrible A96 road to play their "home" games at Pittodrie to mostly near empty stands!

I can't remember anything about no plastic pitches, but there were rules about compulsory under-soil heating and minimum 10,000 seat stadia. This random number was plucked out of someone's arse and was greater than the average attendance of half of the league. Raith Rovers got into financial difficulties building a new stand that was empty most games and Inverness CT had to travel 100 miles down the horrible A96 road to play their "home" games at Pittodrie to mostly near empty stands!
only requiement was 10k stadia Falkirk fell a few times by that stupid rule and they had a point which at the time the press and the SFA ridiculed them ,everyone found out later that The bank the steel and the other fkrs were all in it together

So what you're saying boys is I'm making this up? 😟
Maybe it was the 10k stadium thing I'm thinking about, I remember something causing issues.
First time I played on astro turf was at Stirling Albions old ground. Came on as a sub never gave the surface a though, ran down the right wing crossed the ball in and slid down on my left hip as you do..... Oh ya bastard!!! Scraped my hip down to the bone! 😿
I remember at full time sitting picking bits of plastic, grit, pellets and all sorts of made in Taiwan shit out my leg, probably some still in there! I had to wear shorts for about a month until it healed. Fucking hated plastic pitches ever since then, hate them even more after yesterday's fiasco.

If they can't afford to have a grass pitch they shouldn't be in the Premiership. Plastic is fine for a bit of training but when other clubs fork out for the real thing along with expensive maintenance and undersoil heating then there isn't a level playing field (or carpet as the case may be). For professional football, grass is the professional medium.
I'm not blaming this for the team getting beat yesterday but that Subbuteo pitch played it's part.

Last edited:
So what you're saying boys is I'm making this up? 😟
Maybe it was the 10k stadium thing I'm thinking about, I remember something causing issues.
First time I played on astro turf was at Stirling Albions old ground. Came on as a sub never gave the surface a though, ran down the right wing crossed the ball in and slid down on my left hip as you do..... Oh ya bastard!!! Scraped my hip down to the bone! 😿
I remember at full time sitting picking bits of plastic, grit, pellets and all sorts of made in Taiwan shit out my leg, probably some still in there! I had to wear shorts for about a month until it healed. Fucking hated plastic pitches ever since then, hate them even more after yesterday's fiasco.
It was about under soil heating - that was the requirement. I think 🤔

only requiement was 10k stadia Falkirk fell a few times by that stupid rule and they had a point which at the time the press and the SFA ridiculed them ,everyone found out later that The bank the steel and the other fkrs were all in it together
It appears they reduced the 10000 seat requirement in 2004 then relaxed the 6000 seat requirement & undersoil heating in 2013.

Link to stadium criteria

Aye - for decades now it has been grossly mismanaged. But as long as those ignorant arseholes in blazers see themselves right then they don't care how much damage their incompetence does to our national sport!

If you took away uefa payments and spfl payments from these clubs they would be on there knees to many clubs all sucking the money out of football and offering nothing in return .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back